Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Curious  (Read 28237 times)

chrisgixer

Re: Just Curious
« Reply #135 on: 22 January 2014, 23:22:58 »

In fact is there ANYONE here that thinks removing vacuum from the plenum is a good idea?

05omegav6

« Reply #136 on: 22 January 2014, 23:23:29 »

Hello,
Try not be sarcastic in ur reply ;D but would drilling holes in cam covers (say 1mm) or putting pressure relief valves on the covers Prevent the gaskets from leaking? 99% sure it's leaking from there.

This is my 3rd omega (y26se) that has pissed oil all over my drive in. A litre every 2 to 3 weeks. Breathers are clean now but don't want to go through all the hassle of changing gaskets again only to get 6months out of it. I change oil and filter around every 5k.
Thanks.
Ps. I have fuel trim fault code for each bank. I think oil is in plug wells or lambda wiring connector as maf is ok and vaccum pipes are intact.
Thanks again
To answer your question, highlighted for clarity; no it won't help, but feel free to try it.

dublin.jd

• 01 Omega 2.6 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 22 January 2014, 23:27:04 »

In fact is there ANYONE here that thinks removing vacuum from the plenum is a good idea?
When I said bypass plenum I meant just the breathers, by diverting them to catch tank. I never said remove vacuum from plenum.

05omegav6

« Reply #138 on: 22 January 2014, 23:29:02 »

What do you think an extra hole would achieve then?

dublin.jd

• 01 Omega 2.6 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 22 January 2014, 23:29:37 »

Hello,
Try not be sarcastic in ur reply ;D but would drilling holes in cam covers (say 1mm) or putting pressure relief valves on the covers Prevent the gaskets from leaking? 99% sure it's leaking from there.

This is my 3rd omega (y26se) that has pissed oil all over my drive in. A litre every 2 to 3 weeks. Breathers are clean now but don't want to go through all the hassle of changing gaskets again only to get 6months out of it. I change oil and filter around every 5k.
Thanks.
Ps. I have fuel trim fault code for each bank. I think oil is in plug wells or lambda wiring connector as maf is ok and vaccum pipes are intact.
Thanks again
To answer your question, highlighted for clarity; no it won't help, but feel free to try it.

I've elaborated more since then and u know it. Stop nit picking and turning this into a bitchfest. :y

dublin.jd

• 01 Omega 2.6 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 22 January 2014, 23:32:59 »

What do you think an extra hole would achieve then?
Hopefully a weaker point than the gaskets in case the breathers got blocked before I got around to cleaning them.
I do a lot of cold starts (short runs) and lots of mayonnaise builds up.

chrisgixer

« Reply #141 on: 22 January 2014, 23:36:27 »

When I said bypass plenum I meant just the breathers, by diverting them to catch tank. I never said remove vacuum from plenum.

The vacuum from the plenum, pulls the blow by gasses out of the crank case., via the breathers. The vacuum is caused by the piston down stroke of each cylinder.

If you divert the breathers to a catch tank, then they are no longer connected to the plenum. Therefor, there is no longer any vacuum from the plenum to remove the blow by gasses in the crank case, and no longer keeps the crank case at negative pressure. Therefor, diverting the breathers to a catch tank REMOVES plenum vacuum from the crank case.

Please explain how removing plenum vacuum helps? :)

chrisgixer

« Reply #142 on: 22 January 2014, 23:37:22 »

Hello,

Thanks.
Thanks again

I've elaborated more since then and u know it. Stop nit picking and turning this into a bitchfest. :y

It's just a question, we're allowed to ask questions apparently ::) ;D

dublin.jd

• 01 Omega 2.6 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 22 January 2014, 23:42:30 »

The vacuum from the plenum, pulls the blow by gasses out of the crank case., via the breathers. The vacuum is caused by the piston down stroke of each cylinder.

If you divert the breathers to a catch tank, then they are no longer connected to the plenum. Therefor, there is no longer any vacuum from the plenum to remove the blow by gasses in the crank case, and no longer keeps the crank case at negative pressure. Therefor, diverting the breathers to a catch tank REMOVES plenum vacuum from the crank case.

I disagree , vacuum would sill be there it just wouldnt bring gases back to intake. They would go to catch tank. Obviously u would have to block where the y shaped breather connected to plenum. En lighten me if I'm wrong
« Last Edit: 22 January 2014, 23:51:04 by dublin.jd »

05omegav6

« Reply #144 on: 22 January 2014, 23:43:54 »

Not a bitchfest, just you're not listening... I raised the point about the covers being warped five sodding pages ago, and rereading through this entire diatribe, you have...

1. Yet to answer that point, and

2. By your own admission, not actually changed the gaskets on this car.

Answer those two points and we might actually get somewhere :-X

chrisgixer

« Reply #145 on: 22 January 2014, 23:48:51 »

I disagree , vacuum would sill be there it just would bring gases back to intake. Obviously u would have to block where the y shaped breather connected to plenum. En lighten me if I'm wrong
Ah, a tee from the breather tube into a vac tank?

The vac tank would have to be sealed or the vavuum will pull air from atmosphere through the vac tank instead of the crank case, and introduce an air leak.
If sealed how will it draw air and oil vapour from the crank case instead on the plenum? Answer, it won't, obviously.

dublin.jd

• 01 Omega 2.6 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 22 January 2014, 23:56:51 »

Not a bitchfest, just you're not listening... I raised the point about the covers being warped five sodding pages ago, and rereading through this entire diatribe, you have...

I do know they're leaking, not sure if covers are warped. And as I said earlier I haven't got around to doing anything yet. Again this has nothing to do with what I'm asking.
I don't understand why u respond if u have no interest or are against what i'm trying to achieve.
I don't reply to threads unless I can add something positive.

chrisgixer

« Reply #147 on: 22 January 2014, 23:58:25 »

Actually, I miss read.

Would have to block where the y shaped breather meets the plenum.  ???

That's where the vacuum comes from. ::)

Let's see if you think I'm wrong.

dublin.jd

• 01 Omega 2.6 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 22 January 2014, 23:58:29 »

I disagree , vacuum would sill be there it just would bring gases back to intake. Obviously u would have to block where the y shaped breather connected to plenum. En lighten me if I'm wrong
Ah, a tee from the breather tube into a vac tank?

The vac tank would have to be sealed or the vavuum will pull air from atmosphere through the vac tank instead of the crank case, and introduce an air leak.
If sealed how will it draw air and oil vapour from the crank case instead on the plenum? Answer, it won't, obviously.
Ok then, are u saying it's impossible?
« Last Edit: 23 January 2014, 00:00:54 by dublin.jd »

chrisgixer

« Reply #149 on: 22 January 2014, 23:59:50 »

I do know they're leaking, not sure if covers are warped. And as I said earlier I haven't got around to doing anything yet. Again this has nothing to do with what I'm asking.
I don't understand why u respond if u have no interest or are against what i'm trying to achieve.
I don't reply to threads unless I can add something positive.

But what your suggesting won't help, at all. Are you in management by any chance?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14   Go Up

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 17 queries.