Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Liver Run, averaging 60 mph through London  (Read 966 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
The Liver Run, averaging 60 mph through London
« on: 08 January 2014, 14:52:26 »

Just been on again on ITV4, I know its been posted before, but still worth a watch if you have a spare 20 mins.

Some skill full Plod driving from the 80's, shame they didn't have a couple of V6 Migs to play with.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTN5X4JZFjU

chrisgixer

Re: The Liver Run, averaging 60 mph through London
« Reply #1 on: 08 January 2014, 16:05:46 »

Mv6 would cirtainly have better damping on the rear suspension, they where bouncing about all over the place.

And as for bloody lorry drivers ::)

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #2 on: 08 January 2014, 16:59:30 »

That was worth watching again! :y :y :y

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #3 on: 08 January 2014, 17:11:46 »

I always liked the idea of them SD1's, not the most reliable of motors though, but the sound of that V8 at full tilt must have been awesome!

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 January 2014, 17:16:31 »

I always liked the idea of them SD1's, not the most reliable of motors though, but the sound of that V8 at full tilt must have been awesome!

Not like your BMs then. ;D ;D
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #5 on: 08 January 2014, 17:26:32 »

Not like your BMs then. ;D ;D

::) ::) ::)

No comment!!!!!

Very sore subject at the moment  >:( >:( The traffic sgt. has really thrown his toys out the cot! In all seriousness, if you'd paid in excess of £40k for a car and it dies in 2 years after 50k you'd expect it to be back on the road in a couple of days at the most. They've had it now over 2 months  :o :o :o BMW2 was taken off last week with the same fault so God knows how long that will be gone. The DPF nightmare continues...........? Worst thing we ever did go from Petrol to Wheasel! 

AndyRoid

• Hants
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 January 2014, 17:38:45 »

I'm not sure what surprised me more....the fact the Beemer blew it's lump when it was nowhere near being what I would call "spanked", or the fact the SD1 didn't blow it's stack in the cooling department.

Some impressive driving skills from all those involved though, especially the City of London bike cop because he was most at risk at them kind of speeds (says an ex 1980's despatch rider who knows just how hard it is to navigate Central London at any kind of reasonable speed).

cam2502

• Omega Baron
  • dumfries,scotland
    • 08 BMW 520d & 03 Saab 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 January 2014, 19:24:42 »

I remember watching this at the time. Good post  :y

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 January 2014, 19:35:17 »

owned 11 yes eleven v8SD1,S, BEST was the twin turbo,but all of them were totaly reliable,oil changed at 5k intervals,did change cam on the turbo purely for better responce and none of the cam lobes were worn on the original,turbo did over 3 hundred thousand miles, by the time i sold it,guy that bought it was hugely impressed with it,then wrote it off 3 weeks later!! only bought 2 auto,s both of whch were changed to manuals asap,fuel consumption was damned good on them,even around town,apart from clutches wearing out, the mrs managing to break a pushrod???? and replacement rear shocks,away fro the self levelling things,(nivomats?)converting to spax sorted all the handling issues,jag brakes,as the originals used to set fire to standard front pads,even tried sherpa van pads as they were harder compound,still got hot and cracked!they were a fantastic car for the time, :y

cam2502

• Omega Baron
  • dumfries,scotland
    • 08 BMW 520d & 03 Saab 95
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 January 2014, 19:52:25 »

My older brother had an SD1
. I remember one night a family emergency called for us all to be at the hospital ASAP . I was living in Glasgow at the time and shot down the road in my Granada. Brother lived 3 miles from the hospital and when I arrived his SD1 was planted in the only lamppost in the near deserted car park.
Was too big for him to drive, the big girls blouse!  ;D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.