Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: V6 Temp Questions.  (Read 3050 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
V6 Temp Questions.
« on: 09 January 2014, 22:39:52 »

3.2, what temp does the thermostat open and then close?, what temp should the Fans kick in 90 or 95?, and finally would would you expect the temp to read on a motorway run this time pf year?. Thanks Chris. :y
« Last Edit: 09 January 2014, 22:42:27 by zirk »

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
Re: V6 Temp Questions.
« Reply #1 on: 09 January 2014, 22:48:53 »

3.2, what temp does the thermostat open and then close?, what temp should the Fans kick in 90 or 95?, and finally would would you expect the temp to read on a motorway run this time pf year?. Thanks Chris. :y

According to my version of autodata .. thermostat opens at 92 degrees C,

I "believe" the fans kick in at 95

On a motorway with the aircon on mine sits at about 87 on the guage, regardless of the outside temp

HTH :)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 January 2014, 23:14:25 »

According to my version of autodata .. thermostat opens at 92 degrees C,

I "believe" the fans kick in at 95

On a motorway with the aircon on mine sits at about 87 on the guage, regardless of the outside temp

HTH :)
Thanks for your input, thinking I may have a working but lazy stat.  :y

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #3 on: 10 January 2014, 00:16:27 »

If it helps the 2.6V6 sits around 85ēC on the motorway this time of the year ;)
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 January 2014, 00:19:18 »

If it helps the 2.6V6 sits around 85ēC on the motorway this time of the year ;)
Thanks  :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #5 on: 10 January 2014, 23:19:33 »

Mine now sits just above 90 with a new stat. It was sinking towards 80 after being at 85 for some time with the old stat, on my 3.2.

05omegav6

« Reply #6 on: 10 January 2014, 23:28:54 »

New stat sits at 87 all day long here :-\

blackviper90210

• Omega Baron
  • Bromsgrove, West Midlands
    • 03 3.2 Elite Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 January 2014, 01:57:44 »

+1 :y
AKA - Mr Bracket

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 January 2014, 07:30:16 »

Yep, same here on my 3.2 with a new stat fitted.  :-\

It will climb to just above 90 if left idling but drops to just under 90 when on the move again, or when the fans kick in.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 11 January 2014, 11:37:30 »

I should probably add, due to a gremlin, my front fans run permanently, but even when it saw -3° on Thursday night, the temp gauge was still at 87°. Heater on, cabin warms up a treat, temp stays the same.

Given our thermostats came from different places/continents it would suggest that they are all functioning correctly... :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 January 2014, 22:23:53 »

Thanks all for the feedback, if I start the car and let it idle, stat seems to do what it says on the tin, gush of heat on the main out hose at about 90, fans kick in around 95 erc, all nice and warm.

Had to take one of my Sons back to Uni today so gave the car a good run to Norwich and back.

On the way there temp pretty much stuck at 85 all to way, then hit 90 when we started to poddle around the City, outside temp was around 5.

On the way back started of at about 90 then slowly went down to 80 and stuck there most of the way home, outside temp was around 2.

So thinking new stat time maybe?, even though it seems ro be doing its job, correct me if Im thinking wrong here please.

Hopefully this may help to explain the crap mpg figures Im getting on LPG on this 3.2
« Last Edit: 11 January 2014, 22:34:29 by zirk »

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 January 2014, 22:33:30 »

85 all to way, then hit 90 when we started to poddle around the City

Same here, Can't recall the temperature's from Summer mind.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 January 2014, 23:02:59 »

Yep, same here on my 3.2 with a new stat fitted.  :-\

It will climb to just above 90 if left idling but drops to just under 90 when on the move again, or when the fans kick in.

Ditto :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #13 on: 12 January 2014, 00:10:01 »

Thanks all for the feedback, if I start the car and let it idle, stat seems to do what it says on the tin, gush of heat on the main out hose at about 90, fans kick in around 95 erc, all nice and warm.

Had to take one of my Sons back to Uni today so gave the car a good run to Norwich and back.

On the way there temp pretty much stuck at 85 all to way, then hit 90 when we started to poddle around the City, outside temp was around 5.

On the way back started of at about 90 then slowly went down to 80 and stuck there most of the way home, outside temp was around 2.

So thinking new stat time maybe?, even though it seems ro be doing its job, correct me if Im thinking wrong here please.

Hopefully this may help to explain the crap mpg figures Im getting on LPG on this 3.2

Hmmm, not how mine went. Iirc the max temp it ever reached slowly dropped. So the max temp on my new stat now is just above 90. It might vary by a degree or two :-\ but that's all. Where as before on the old stat, it would rise to just above 80 and vary by a degree or two but that's all.

It never rose to a given level, and then dropped a significant amount such as 10 degrees.

I wonder is the lpg affecting it? Does the temp drop coincide with switch over to gas?
How is the lpg coolant pipe work plumbed in? Iirc there's been questions on this before, is it the same car? Or am I fuddled again? ;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 January 2014, 11:05:13 »

Hmmm, not how mine went. Iirc the max temp it ever reached slowly dropped. So the max temp on my new stat now is just above 90. It might vary by a degree or two :-\ but that's all. Where as before on the old stat, it would rise to just above 80 and vary by a degree or two but that's all.

It never rose to a given level, and then dropped a significant amount such as 10 degrees.

I wonder is the lpg affecting it? Does the temp drop coincide with switch over to gas?
How is the lpg coolant pipe work plumbed in? Iirc there's been questions on this before, is it the same car? Or am I fuddled again? ;D

As far as I know all LPG piumed in corectly, no, different car, but good memory though that was another 3.2 with LPG, I think you may know this Car, I know LD has worked on it, was Jonnys from Colchester.

I try the looking at the Temp with switch over though, as still not convinced its the Stat, and dont really want to change the thing just for the sake of it.

Strangely enough ive just filled up with LPG after the Norwich Trip, and works out I was averaging 30 mpg on LPG for the trip, same as what the Computer was telling me, but I didn;t believe it. Best MPG I ever managed to get from it so far, as I reckon that would equate to around 33/34 mpg if on Petrol.  ::)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.