Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: electronic air conditioning not working - fuse no 14 blowing.  (Read 1416 times)

JDX

• Intermediate Member
  • Hersham, Surrey.
    • '02 2.2dti CDX estate.
    • View Profile

The electronic air conditioning has stopped working. :'( Checked the fuse & it had blown so replaced it -have tried several times with no joy, I have looked through the forum but cannot find anything definative. Before I start taking everything apart, has any one had a similar problem with their fuse no 14 blowing or their air conditioning malfunctioning?.... Any quick fix or regular issue, maybe a relay or any other suggestions of things I should try or look for?  ::)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
Re: electronic air conditioning not working - fuse no 14 blowing.
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2014, 20:54:01 »

Check all connections and wiring under driver`s seat. May have to be a battery off, seat out jobbie
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

JDX

• Intermediate Member
  • Hersham, Surrey.
    • '02 2.2dti CDX estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2014, 21:00:31 »

Thanks Rob, I'm not questioning your help but don't fully understand the significance - why under the driver's seat? :-[

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 January 2014, 21:16:31 »

Thanks Rob, I'm not questioning your help but don't fully understand the significance - why under the driver's seat? :-[

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.reynolds983/Manuals/Omega2002Manual.pdf

Page 186 ...

Just look at what fuse 14 does !! and the drivers seat is the most often used  one ... :)

I would also check for small coins/bits of silver paper/any other crap in the ciggie lighter .....

JDX

• Intermediate Member
  • Hersham, Surrey.
    • '02 2.2dti CDX estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2014, 23:58:43 »

Yes, I know what the handbook says the fuse relates to but I still don't get it :-[
What I mean is: the fuse has blown & the air conditioning has no sign of life, yet the heated seat switch lights up as does the flashing led on the alarm button. Shouldn't they be dead too if the fuse is out? Do they light up even if the function itself ie the heated seat is not working? Car electrics baffle me... so you are saying the drivers seat is the most often used....I will check it manana but well, so how we fair :y

JDX

• Intermediate Member
  • Hersham, Surrey.
    • '02 2.2dti CDX estate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 January 2014, 10:50:44 »

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.reynolds983/Manuals/Omega2002Manual.pdf

Page 186 ...

Just look at what fuse 14 does !! and the drivers seat is the most often used  one ... :)

I would also check for small coins/bits of silver paper/any other crap in the ciggie lighter .....
Yeeeehaaaa....it's resolved, thank you Entwood for sowing that seed. I was dreading it, the thought of having to try & trace an electrical fault, removing the centre dash, maybe the seat etc etc. It turned out to be the stupidest thing. I have a solar trickle charger that I put on the dashboard when I'm leaving the car for any longish period - yes, I plug it into the cigarette lighter - he he he, the end had fallen off & was rattling around in the socket, I can't believe it, it is such a relief & I have my weekend liberated!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.