Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Chances of that Pt2  (Read 4223 times)

chrisgixer

Re: Chances of that Pt2
« Reply #60 on: 27 January 2014, 21:41:12 »

Villagers don't understand these things.
Being a country bumpkin, I can see things in a simplistic way. You have a conurbation, lets call it "Reading". Then you have some countryside. Then you have another conurbation, lets call it "Reading".

Remind me, is that green, countryside area between you and "Reading", or you and "Reading"? So what town does that mean you live in? :P
Oh go on, move the goal posts, it was the area codes last time. We pay our council tax to WDC. I wish we where in Reading from that point of view, as council tax is Reading is much more expensive. Quite deliberately, to keep the Reading chavs out. ::)
I am aware though, that this is heading in a "Hyacinth Bucket" direction. ;D ;D ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #61 on: 27 January 2014, 21:47:38 »

In the meantime, you're still a damn site closer to it than I am :D
:'(

And I have to go there several times a week...   ...when I can strike up the enthusiasm
Small consolation as it is, I live closer to Crawley than you ::)

Besides you know full well that you cannot go anywhere while you have manflu ;D
I need to go to Crawley in a few months, and abandon the car for a week. Reckon it'll still have wheels on when I return?
Could always leave it here and get a cab/leave it at home and... ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 28 January 2014, 17:44:56 »

Being a country bumpkin, I can see things in a simplistic way. You have a conurbation, lets call it "Reading". Then you have some countryside. Then you have another conurbation, lets call it "Reading".

Remind me, is that green, countryside area between you and "Reading", or you and "Reading"? So what town does that mean you live in? :P
Oh go on, move the goal posts, it was the area codes last time. We pay our council tax to WDC. I wish we where in Reading from that point of view, as council tax is Reading is much more expensive. Quite deliberately, to keep the Reading chavs out. ::)
I am aware though, that this is heading in a "Hyacinth Bucket" direction. ;D ;D ;D
OK, lets try again...

What does the Royal Mail class you as, Reading or Reading?

And yes, I'd bet a gonad that your phone number had a Reading STD rather than a Reading area code.

So, there we are, you live in Reading. You know it, I know it, my mother's dog knows it (except she doesn't have a dog). Reading. Like Friday is Friday, and today is Tuesday.

Reading.
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #63 on: 28 January 2014, 19:49:18 »

OK, lets try again...

And yes, I'd bet a gonad that your phone number had a Reading STD rather than a Reading area code.

So, there we are, you live in Reading. You know it, I know it, my mother's dog knows it (except she doesn't have a dog). Reading. Like Friday is Friday, and today is Tuesday.

Reading.

Brackley is a village. Not a town. Its a village hall not a town hall. Its full of villagers not townies.  It has the same Std code as Buckingham. The nearest town is Buckingham there for you live in Buckingham.

Well that's what your saying, by your own rules. Or is Banbury closer? ;D

And may I direct the observantly honourable Admin to my earlier post. Reading has the same std code as Reading. 0118 ! Same as all the other towns south of Reading.

Its Reading!

chrisgixer

« Reply #64 on: 28 January 2014, 20:01:21 »

OK, lets try again...

Reading.

Brackley is a village. Not a town. Its a village hall not a town hall. Its full of villagers not townies.  It has the same Std code as Buckingham. The nearest town is Buckingham there for you live in Buckingham.

Well that's what your saying, by your own rules. Or is Banbury closer? ;D

And may I direct the observantly honourable Admin to my earlier post. Reading has the same std code as Reading. 0118 ! Same as all the other towns south of Reading.

Its Reading!

Actually, that doesn't work does it. :-[ ;D

Anyway, who cares its Friday tomorrow. ;) ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 28 January 2014, 20:05:40 »

Brakker's town hall is a, errr, town hall, making the place a town. I'm sure some of the more snobbish residents like to think its a village, but it ain't.

That said, Buckingham is probably nearer to Brakkers than Reading is to Chez Gixer. Fortunately, Banbury is over the border in Oxfordshire, so that doesn't count. Phew!

Just checked on RM's site, my town is definately Brakkers. Remind me, what do they say about your address?

Reading.

Are you proud to be a Readingite ::)
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 28 January 2014, 20:07:11 »

No. No, no, no, no, NO!

Tomorrow is Wednesday. Sadly.
Grumpy old man

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 28 January 2014, 20:11:51 »

No. No, no, no, no, NO!

Humour the poor lad ... He doesn't even know where he lives .. he can't remember which tyres he should buy.... and you expect him to know which day of the week it is ???

Perhaps we should all text him first thing every day ... Reading, Falkens, [correct day of week] .. so it gets ingrained into his mind ... ??

:) :)  :)

chrisgixer

« Reply #68 on: 28 January 2014, 20:14:20 »

No. No, no, no, no, NO!

... your calendars off, your geography is appalling and an ex bt employee really should know his area codes better.

Do I need to get you a tin foil hat?

chrisgixer

« Reply #69 on: 28 January 2014, 20:18:29 »

No. No, no, no, no, NO!

Humour the poor lad ... He doesn't even know where he lives .. he can't remember which tyres he should buy.... and you expect him to know which day of the week it is ???

Perhaps we should all text him first thing every day ... Reading, Falkens, [correct day of week] .. so it gets ingrained into his mind ... ??

If you think I'm working another two days, through the weekend no less, after a week on shift, your mistaken.

Tomorrow is Friday, its the end if the working week. FRIDAY!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 28 January 2014, 20:18:36 »

and an ex bt employee really should know his area codes better.
When I used to do a real job, Reading had a proper STD, as did Reading. Not one of those silly, gay 011 numbers ;D. Mind you, last time I did a real job, any number starting 01 meant you wanted to talk to Londonium ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 28 January 2014, 20:19:54 »

No. No, no, no, no, NO!

Just as well he has a good woman to look after him and organise him. He'd never survive otherwise ;D
Grumpy old man

martin42

« Reply #72 on: 28 January 2014, 20:21:38 »

No. No, no, no, no, NO!

If you think I'm working another two days, through the weekend no less, after a week on shift, your mistaken.

Tomorrow is Friday, its the end if the working week. FRIDAY!
Its friday for me aswell tomorrow
« Last Edit: 28 January 2014, 20:23:29 by The Mad mechanic »

chrisgixer

« Reply #73 on: 28 January 2014, 20:23:58 »

When I used to do a real job, Reading had a proper STD, as did Reading. Not one of those silly, gay 011 numbers ;D. Mind you, last time I did a real job, any number starting 01 meant you wanted to talk to Londonium ;D

Stop that, you'll have me in Slough next. ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 28 January 2014, 20:25:11 »

Stop that, you'll have me in Slough next. ;D
Probably almost as near to Sluf as you are to Reading :P
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.