Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electric Windows rear conversion and heated seats - GLS to CD  (Read 1336 times)

Galahad

• Bath
    • 2000 Omega 2.2 GLS
    • View Profile

Right, i've got a X plate 2.2 Omega GLS, obviously by Omega standards, its pauper spec, but its getting there slowly.

Its now got pre-facelift Elite alloy wheels, i've fitted the front foglights, i've got the 'wood' trim around the console and gearstick, now its time to do more.

I've bought a 2.2 Y plate Omega donor from a mate that was simply going to scrap it, autobox failure, but most of the rest of the car is alright, done less than 80,000 miles :(

As it happens, the bottoms of the back doors on my Omega are rusty, so what I want to do, is simply swap the doors over in their entirety, given that they are electric on the CD as well.

Now, if I swap the door over, (its the same colour as well which is a bargain!), and fit the 4 way switch to my existing drivers door, will this be enough to mean that the electric windows will now be active in my GLS?

Other than maybe a fuse, generally Vauxhalls are quite generous with upgrading certain items.

Also, my drivers seat in my car is electric up and down, the seats in the CD are heated and electric up and down.  I did a test run of fitting the electric heated seat switches into mine to see if the loom was present at that end, and yes they were, they light up when you put the headlights on, and turning the dials activates the LED to show they are 'heating' the seat.

But obviously I need to know if the wiring is there in the floor to actually connect the CD seats into my GLS and will activate the heated seat function.

Ta in advance.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Electric Windows rear conversion and heated seats - GLS to CD
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2014, 11:31:56 »

Probably going to need the whole loom as well from the Drivers and back doors for the electric windows to work at the rear.

Heated seats same thing, if not there, Loom, relays?, switches at the front and back etc.
« Last Edit: 06 February 2014, 11:34:47 by zirk »

Galahad

• Bath
    • 2000 Omega 2.2 GLS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2014, 11:34:33 »

Probably going to need the whole loom as well from the Drivers and back doors for the electric windows to work at the rear.

Heated seats same thing, if not there, Loom, relays?, switches at the back etc.

I plan on swapping all the doors complete as they are, that covers it surely?

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2014, 11:37:51 »

Heated seats same thing, if not there, Loom, relays?, switches at the back etc.

I plan on swapping all the doors complete as they are, that covers it surely?

Been a while, as I did this on a Plod (GLS spec) and fitted Rear Leccy Windows, fairly sure from memory extra wiring ie loom or bits of it from the front and back doors going through the bottom sill pillar.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 February 2014, 11:40:27 »

Generally the wiring is there and its simply plug and play, for the heated seats the dash loom wiring will certainly be there, you may (and its rare) have to run wires from the kick panel to the seats.

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 06 February 2014, 11:48:03 »

Pop the rear door wiring out of the B post on your car and the breaker... if they have the same number of wires at the car side of the plug, then you simply need the front door switch and loom along with a large 30 amp fuse to go in the missing space in the fuse box beneath the steering column :y

If you have that extra wiring at the B post, and are swapping all four doors, then all you will need is the fuse :y

Might as well swap the ignition barrel, immobiliser ring and engine ecu over as well, then that way all the locks will match the new drivers door, which will save having to strip both doors to swap the barrel over :y does rather assume you have more than one key for the donor car though...

Galahad

• Bath
    • 2000 Omega 2.2 GLS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06 February 2014, 11:50:37 »

Pop the rear door wiring out of the B post on your car and the breaker... if they have the same number of wires at the car side of the plug, then you simply need the front door switch and loom along with a large 30 amp fuse to go in the missing space in the fuse box beneath the steering column :y

If you have that extra wiring at the B post, and are swapping all four doors, then all you will need is the fuse :y

Might as well swap the ignition barrel, immobiliser ring and engine ecu over as well, then that way all the locks will match the new drivers door, which will save having to strip both doors to swap the barrel over :y does rather assume you have more than one key for the donor car though...

Would love to, but i've just sold the ECU set on ebay from the donor car! :/

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 06 February 2014, 11:52:28 »

If you haven't posted it, then send them yours ::)

Galahad

• Bath
    • 2000 Omega 2.2 GLS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 February 2014, 11:53:54 »

Can't, mine is the Z22XE and the one i'm sending is Y22XE,

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 06 February 2014, 11:54:49 »

That'd do it ::)

Galahad

• Bath
    • 2000 Omega 2.2 GLS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 February 2014, 11:59:55 »

That'd do it ::)

Whats with the over use of the 'rolleyes' emoticon? if my posts are too insultingly simple for you, hey, theres no compunction on you to reply.

05omegav6

« Reply #11 on: 06 February 2014, 12:03:28 »

I like them, 'tsall ;D

If they're offensive I'll not bother using them...

Have done the conversion you're doing on a couple of cars, but if you don't want the input it's no skin of my nose.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.