Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange chemical like smell?  (Read 322 times)

cd 2.2

Strange chemical like smell?
« on: 11 February 2014, 21:34:14 »

My dad has recently had his 2.2 cd (same as mine) head gasket changed at a garage, they charged £485 iirc including crankshaft position sensor. Also the exhaust manifold has just been changed for a brand new one as the old one had a big crack in it.
Now all seemed fine and the car was lovely and quiet as it should be but after 300 miles it consumed 3ltrs of oil, not got any visible leaks though. since that point it seems to be o.k but today I noticed that there was a really rancid chemical like smell entering the cabin through the vents, mostly when you first start to accelerate and sometimes on run on when going down hills. My dad has spent allot of money on his mig and it's beginning to look like the garage has borked it up, I do know that they didn't change the stem seals and I would only hope that they removed the valves when they had it skimmed (unknown amount removed from head).
Only other things I can think to add are that I have followed him a few miles from cold and it's not smoking at all and that it sounds dry in the top end like oil starving the lifters???

Any help or ideas appreciated ... Cheers Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.