Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EuroCarParts....  (Read 3543 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: EuroCarParts....
« Reply #15 on: 16 February 2014, 00:12:02 »

When you've had them more than 6months, then recommend them. ::)

Will do.  Remind me!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

chrisgixer

« Reply #16 on: 16 February 2014, 00:15:16 »

When you've had them more than 6months, then recommend them. ::)

Will do.  Remind me!  :y

Oh yeah, I promise ::) ;D

blackviper90210

• Omega Baron
  • Bromsgrove, West Midlands
    • 03 3.2 Elite Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 February 2014, 08:43:49 »

Ha ha no connection, just a friendly share that's all.  :y

As said, trade club is more economical on cost, longevity, for oe items. If you really want to pesh money up the wall, then yes, there's tat from Ecp, of course.

Just curious. If I buy Bosch and other well known manufacturers from ecp, am I peshing money up the wall?  ???
AKA - Mr Bracket

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 February 2014, 10:30:50 »

As said, trade club is more economical on cost, longevity, for oe items. If you really want to pesh money up the wall, then yes, there's tat from Ecp, of course.

Just curious. If I buy Bosch and other well known manufacturers from ecp, am I peshing money up the wall?  ???

Apparently....  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 February 2014, 10:53:56 »

A set of boxed Bosch wipers, for example, should be fine. More expensive than Halfords Trade though, if you can be arsed to pop into one when out and about (like Sir Tigger, my nearest TC dealer is well over a 40 mile round trip (although they deliver), and Halfords isn't far behind).

Its their budget brand stuff - ie the stuff they are always trying to push - that is usually poor shite. In addition, I have some suspicions about their supply chain, as I recall at least one member who bought a Bosch cranksensor from ECP that didn't resolve their problem (or caused rough running, can't recall specifics now). After a lot of head scratching, we recommending getting a sensor from dealer, and that cured it. This is a classic symptom of fake, chinese sensors.

I am wary of using them for some parts. I did pick up an aux belt a few months ago when I needed one in a hurry to bypass a disintegrating AC compressor, and I did mail order some Boge rear springs (I wouldn't buy those from a local ECP, as you may find they've been on the shelf for ages).
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 February 2014, 11:16:16 »

At the end of the day ECP are just like any other motor factor/car accessory shop.  They sell good quality branded stuff and they also sell cheap chinese pattern shite.  Usually their prices are good and when they do these weekend sales there are some bargains to be had.  :y

There are certain things like crank sensors and HBV's that it is best to buy original from Vx for quality reasons and I think most here accept that, however if for economic reasons anyone buys a piece of cheap tat to keep their car on the road, then that's what has to be done and they don't deserve abuse for it!  ::)

I'm not trying to bully anyone into using ECP, nor do I have a vested interest in ECP.  It was just a friendly heads up that's all, and to be honest I don't think I'll bother again...

Stemo

« Reply #21 on: 16 February 2014, 13:42:30 »

At the end of the day ECP are just like any other motor factor/car accessory shop.  They sell good quality branded stuff and they also sell cheap chinese pattern shite.  Usually their prices are good and when they do these weekend sales there are some bargains to be had.  :y

There are certain things like crank sensors and HBV's that it is best to buy original from Vx for quality reasons and I think most here accept that, however if for economic reasons anyone buys a piece of cheap tat to keep their car on the road, then that's what has to be done and they don't deserve abuse for it!  ::)

I'm not trying to bully anyone into using ECP, nor do I have a vested interest in ECP.  It was just a friendly heads up that's all, and to be honest I don't think I'll bother again...
Thanks, Tigger, I appreciate it mate. :-*

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 16 February 2014, 18:29:49 »

I've just bought a set of front discs from ECP, Pagid (OE) £72.60 all in. Can't remember what they quoted me on TC, but it was more than this. :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #23 on: 16 February 2014, 18:38:30 »

There is always quality v cost to consider. And if you insist on poking every other post, don't expect no response. ;)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 16 February 2014, 20:26:40 »

Thanks for the heads up Tigger, Bought a few things  :y

cd 2.2

« Reply #25 on: 17 February 2014, 01:43:03 »

I have been warned about things from ecp, I have never had a problem with stuff from there but then I am very selective about what I buy from them .... Note to add if you see the need to buy from ecp always ALWAYS reserve it online for collection and usually use promo code PARTS25 it always far cheaper than in store (unless they have DFS sale on)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 February 2014, 20:36:48 »

Had an email from them today saying they are cancelling the order due to stock issues.  >:(

Dear **  **

Many thanks for your order Ref No. ****

Please accept this as confirmation that your order has now been
cancelled.

We regret that we have been unable to fulfil your order in this
occasion and hope you will consider us again in the future.

Kind regards

WEB TEAM @ EURO CAR PARTS
0203 474 0500

Hi ***

Thank you for your email.

I am afraid the shock absorbed are currently out of stock with no lead time.

How would you like to proceed.

If you have any further questions please contact us.

Kind regards

They couldn't even spell shock absorber correctly..  ::) ;D
« Last Edit: 18 February 2014, 20:40:32 by Mr.OmegaMan »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 February 2014, 20:38:57 »

I knew I was wasting my breath when I've been banging on what a bunch on mongrels they are ::)
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #28 on: 18 February 2014, 20:39:23 »

Nor you 'stock' ;D

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18 February 2014, 20:40:45 »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 17 queries.