Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any ACD Call Centre Telecomms Experts here.  (Read 508 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Any ACD Call Centre Telecomms Experts here.
« on: 06 March 2014, 16:11:06 »

Just been handed a box of ACD Call Centre Status Displays, you know the ones that they hang on the walls, giving number of Calls Queued, Answered etc.

There the Matrix Multi Red LED type, simular to those fitted to the back of Plod cars, that say 'Slow Down, Stop' or what ever, only bigger.

I think they have come from a BT Meridian ACD type setup, all they have is a power point and a Cat 5 (RJ45) plug on them. Otherthan that no info came with them.

My question is this, are they pre programmed to display status information or are they fed with some sort of Serial Comms Talk?, in other words anything I could knock to make them display something as a stand alone?

Chris  :-\

Taxi_Driver

Re: Any ACD Call Centre Telecomms Experts here.
« Reply #1 on: 06 March 2014, 17:29:32 »

They have those in our call centre.....also calls missed  ::)

I think they get fed by the switchboard....the basic titles, "Queued calls", "missed calls" etc are probably programmed into them.....the actual 'live' data is probably sent by the switchboard.....im guessing thats how they work  :y 

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 March 2014, 20:36:19 »

BT Meridian 1 was made by Nortel, so an internet search for Nortel Meridian may help.

Nortel also made the "Norstar" branded stuff that looks similar, but is completely different.
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 March 2014, 13:37:42 »

They have those in our call centre.....also calls missed  ::)

I think they get fed by the switchboard....the basic titles, "Queued calls", "missed calls" etc are probably programmed into them.....the actual 'live' data is probably sent by the switchboard.....im guessing thats how they work  :y
Yea, got a funny feeling you might, kinda off thinking the same thing, tbh.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 March 2014, 13:52:07 »

BT Meridian 1 was made by Nortel, so an internet search for Nortel Meridian may help.

Nortel also made the "Norstar" branded stuff that looks similar, but is completely different.
Ah, Nortel, probably a non starter then, remember them from years ago, we developed a simple TAPi serial link for one of there Digital Phones that popped a Workstation Screen dependent on incoming Phone Numbers for a Customer we looked after, nice and simple, worked really well, untill we had to talk to Nortel to get there approval.

Around and around the houses, is the best phrase before they would share any information with us, which we already knew because we debugged it before we started.

And then there was the 'you have to join our Developer Program' to do that, that will be £75K please.

Thanks Jamie, but think I'll pass on them  :(, will do a quick goigle on it though, in case anything comes up.  ;)
« Last Edit: 07 March 2014, 13:55:32 by zirk »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.