Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transit Luton van value  (Read 528 times)

powerslinky

Transit Luton van value
« on: 16 April 2014, 18:43:43 »

hi all,
         I need to get myself another van  for work as the trusty old '99 Transit "rustbucket " has is finally past it .

Struggling financially at the moment so nothing posh or over 2k  is possible . Even V reg vans like the one I'm scrapping but   in fair condition are going for £1500 :o :o :o

But been offered an "R"  reg  . . . yes R reg 97/98 I think  :-\ :-\  transit LWB  luton body van with taillift . Loads of room for what I need & the thing is I know the  complete history of this van  :y

It is really low mileage  55k, 2 owners  who both hardly used the thing . All old MOT's , no advisories . This van has always been very well maintained & drives really nice . No turbo though  & feels a bit sluggish compared to my 2.5 turbo panel van .

I can have this for £900  it is taxed  ( till Nov or Dec I believe) & has MOT until Jan 15

I have been searching to try & find what something like this could be brought for on the open market , but cannot find any for sale . The only thing close to it is a 2000 model  transit luton with tail lift for £3000 :o :o :o :o :o

I know this R reg one is old but  . . .  what else could I get for £900 . . . even if I get 2 years out of it .

Think I will have to have this  . . .  what do you lot think  :-\ :-\

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
Re: Transit Luton van value
« Reply #1 on: 16 April 2014, 19:06:10 »

I'd give £1,000 for that van without hesitation. I think that is a reasonable price. Luton's and any speciality body style will always hold value. Do you need a Luton, or would LWB's suffice? The Transit flaresides are the only exception...they are very cheap.

powerslinky

Re: Transit Luton van value
« Reply #2 on: 16 April 2014, 19:22:10 »

I'd give £1,000 for that van without hesitation. I think that is a reasonable price. Luton's and any speciality body style will always hold value. Do you need a Luton, or would LWB's suffice? The Transit flaresides are the only exception...they are very cheap.

hi Josh & thanks for replying  :y

I had not thought about a Luton until this was offered . My present transit is a LWB semi hi top & has been great in all the time I have had it . Rust has killed it now though I'm afraid.

Going back to this Luton,  there is loads of room for me to part rack out for storage & also i will be able to collect a lot more in the way of bathrooms & kitchens from the  suppliers, rather than wait for delivery .

All in all it sounds like this will see me out of trouble for the time being anyway . As said it is is good condition all round . And for £900   . . .  taking into account there is a fair bit of tax on it  and the scrap value of my old van to go towards it  . . . actual cost to me will be nearer £700  ;) ;)

I'm Gonna have it  :y  thanks Josh & hopfully see you at Wycombe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.