Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3% Inflation my A**e  (Read 755 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
3% Inflation my A**e
« on: 15 June 2008, 19:21:29 »

The government tell us inflation was 3% last month. Presumably this is to give us a feeling of well being and to keep wage claims low.

But how is this 3% figure possible. We all know that food, council tax, heating, petrol have gone up by 20% or more in the last year.

I've looked into this and inflation is calculated by a "shopping basket" of approximately 650 supposedly everyday items each month.

It includes the aforementioned heating petrol etc. but also includes many items that we buy infrequently and which are DEFLATING.

Eg - Digital cameras, Sat Navs, MP3 players, LCD TV, Broadband, Clothes, Fridges.

These items and many others should not be included in the inflation statistics, afterall you buy bread and milk everyday, a TV once every few years. They bring inflation down to give an unrealistic figure in the real world.

As the saying goes "There's lies , damn lies, and statistics."

markrl

• Intermediate Member
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: 3% Inflation my A**e
« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2008, 19:45:45 »

I quite agree 3% inflation is a complete fantasy. Basically Gordon Brown swiched from something called the Retail Price Index (RPI) to the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The basic difference is that CPI does not include many household costs like mortgages council tax and household insurance etc. Consequently the CPI inflation rate is considerably lower then the RPI rate. The real inflation rate is now in the order of 7-8%.  

HolyCount

« Reply #2 on: 15 June 2008, 19:56:20 »

This is why, of course, increases in MP's expenses and salaries will be kept lower than 3% -- will they hell !!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 June 2008, 21:24:04 »

Don't get me f*cking started one thing I've learnt over the years is M.p's always feather there own nests. >:(
« Last Edit: 15 June 2008, 21:24:28 by Tony_H »
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 June 2008, 21:24:50 »

Don't get me f*cking started one thing I've learnt over the years is M.p's always feather there own nests. >:(
And we pay for it as well  >:(
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 17 queries.