Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Elite rear springs  (Read 5570 times)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
Re: Elite rear springs
« Reply #45 on: 18 August 2014, 13:05:12 »

Back to springs  ::)

i brought Sachs springs in 2010 which Chris kindly fitted for me (cos at the time twirling a spanner was beyond me  :'() and they have lasted 4 years (touching wood) and i inspected them last week and no broken ends or owt like that.

The only thing i'd say is that they're very springy. These arent for you if you prefer a firmer ride. imo

HTH  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 18 August 2014, 13:08:06 »

Cheers. Sensible advice at last. Sachs can be had for £30 a side. Was tempted. But good to hear they last well. Will probably go with them  :y

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 18 August 2014, 13:13:37 »

Cheers. Sensible advice at last. Sachs can be had for £30 a side. Was tempted. But good to hear they last well. Will probably go with them  :y
Boge, Sachs & Lemforder are all brands owned by ZF - I wonder if they are the same product with a different badge? :-\
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 18 August 2014, 13:18:24 »

That sounds about right mate. At the time Vx wanted something extortionate which is why i brought Vx shockers and got the pattern springs.

Ps, not getting involved in the banter lol just passing on what i got  :y

Also, just to add.... cos i found the Vx rear shockers leaking a few months ago (meaning the vx shocks lasted about 3 years) i purchased pattern shocks by ''Anschler'' for £40 for both. i was very concerned initially cos when you press them down to prime them they didnt come back up.  ??? i posted a thread about this and we all agreed this was unusual and should be sent back. i did that very thing and got a new set which did exactly the same.
Well, as i am 5 mins away from Vx (and have access to mums car) and they have my shocks in stock i thought i'll try the Anschler ones and run to Vx if they caused issues.
Well so far no issues and the cars running at a really nice height. Smooth over bumps. of course i cant say how long they'll last but if you get shocks that dont ''return'' when depressed then thats prob just the way they are made.

:)
RIP Paul Lovejoy

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 18 August 2014, 13:19:04 »

Boge, Sachs & Lemforder are all brands owned by ZF - I wonder if they are the same product with a different badge? :-\

Humm I heard the same when I ordered the Boge ones, at time the price difference was the other way. Boge cheaper Sachs more. So went for Boge.

Think I even recall seeing Sachs mentioned on the Boge box!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 18 August 2014, 13:21:27 »

That sounds about right mate. At the time Vx wanted something extortionate which is why i brought Vx shockers and got the pattern springs.

Also, just to add.... cos i found the Vx rear shockers leaking a few months ago (meaning the vx shocks lasted about 3 years) i purchased pattern shocks by ''Anschler'' for £40 for both. i was very concerned initially cos when you press them down to prime them they didnt come back up.  ??? i posted a thread about this and we all agreed this was unusual and should be sent back. i did that very thing and got a new set which did exactly the same.
Well, as i am 5 mins away from Vx (and have access to mums car) and they have my shocks in stock i thought i'll try the Anschler ones and run to Vx if they caused issues.
Well so far no issues and the cars running at a really nice height. Smooth over bumps. of course i cant say how long they'll last but if you get shocks that dont ''return'' when depressed then thats prob just the way they are made.

Thanks mate. See this is my point on Vx parts, little fatty was saying same thing about shocks on his MV6. Not lasting well, B4's much better. So I'm dubious on a lot of their parts now. Apart from oil and gaskets and sensors  :y

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 18 August 2014, 13:29:58 »

Thanks mate. See this is my point on Vx parts, little fatty was saying same thing about shocks on his MV6. Not lasting well, B4's much better. So I'm dubious on a lot of their parts now. Apart from oil and gaskets and sensors  :y

Maybe a Gixer-style ''Vx early fail'' thread is in order to really find out what others are experiencing :D :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 18 August 2014, 13:35:37 »

;D ;D ;D

I should check rear shocks on 2.2, can't remember when I changed those, think around 5 years ago  :o

05omegav6

« Reply #53 on: 18 August 2014, 13:38:51 »

;D ;D ;D

I should check rear shocks on 2.2, can't remember when I changed those, think around 5 years ago  :o
So have they lasted 3 years or five? Make your mind up...

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 18 August 2014, 13:55:08 »

;D ;D ;D

So have they lasted 3 years or five? Make your mind up...

Not Springs.

05omegav6

« Reply #55 on: 18 August 2014, 13:59:51 »

My bad ::) I thought the thread was about springs... ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #56 on: 18 August 2014, 14:03:45 »

My bad ::) I thought the thread was about springs... ;D

Silly billy, it's all about Tunnie ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #57 on: 18 August 2014, 14:10:39 »

Pmsl ;D

Of course it is... ::)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 18 August 2014, 14:12:56 »

Since when has a thread ever stayed on topic. You can start a thread about cam belts and end up talking about pies  ::)  ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #59 on: 18 August 2014, 14:18:51 »

Since when has a thread ever stayed on topic. You can start a thread about cam belts and end up talking about pies  ::)  ;D

Sticky fingered thread hijack you mean.

What springs would Tunnie recommend to D? Thin ones I'm betting. Very sticky thin ones that aspire to be a mans weight and build and don't break easy talking rubbish on forums ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.