Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frontera 3.2 Manual  (Read 877 times)

Jammy Dodger

• Basingstoke
    • Omega Estate
    • View Profile
Frontera 3.2 Manual
« on: 05 September 2014, 19:32:11 »

Sorry, our 2001 2.5 V6 Omega Estate has got to go as it just doesn't match up to the 1999 2.5 V6 Omega Estate as a workhorse for pulling the caravan.

Been offered good Part-ex on a 3.2 Frontera to replace it - Any reviews you would like to share, for or against to help us decide?  :y

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
Re: Frontera 3.2 Manual
« Reply #1 on: 05 September 2014, 21:28:17 »

I had one couldn't fault it until it suffered with the common problem off water leaking into the park plug hole  causing a mifire its always the plug on passenger side scuttle end  cant remember the exact cause but its the cylinder head that cracks

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 September 2014, 01:27:08 »

Sorry, our 2001 2.5 V6 Omega Estate has got to go as it just doesn't match up to the 1999 2.5 V6 Omega Estate as a workhorse for pulling the caravan.[/highlight]

Been offered good Part-ex on a 3.2 Frontera to replace it - Any reviews you would like to share, for or against to help us decide?  :y

Have I missed something?..... :-[ :-[

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 06 September 2014, 03:45:46 »

Not just me then ::) I can only surmise that the older one is an Elite, with self levelling and the newer one isn't... Simple solution is clearly to retrofit the self levelling gubbins from the old car to the new one :y

omega3000

« Reply #4 on: 06 September 2014, 08:56:21 »

I was looking to buy the v6 frontera but prices seemed way over the top , even for a rough one  :o

Jammy Dodger

• Basingstoke
    • Omega Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 September 2014, 15:07:01 »

Old Omega is not an Elite just a 2.5 V6 CDX same as the new one. Old one with old shape new one with new shape.

Couldn't advertise X reg for sale on this forum so have decided on the part-ex for the Frontera and hope I've made a good choice. Understand X Reg will be sold for scrap, which is a great shame as it goes well.  :-[

Will swap the good tyres from it first as the workhorse needs new then if it ends up as a baked bean can then i've at least made on the tyres!

4x4

« Reply #6 on: 06 September 2014, 16:15:42 »

So as you know the frontera is partime 4x4 operated by switch on dash,under no circumstances use this on the tarmac as it causes diff wind up which can have serious effects on transmission,check both props are connected,if only 1 walk away,abs sensors can be replaced by mazda sensors,how to guide on forums,check normal things tho,oil coolant etc,gearbox,transfer box use engine oil 10/40 diffs ep 80/90 ,if 4x4 green light flashes constantly,could need new vacum pipes,easy job tho,but could be a good bargaining tool  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.