Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blocking nuisance calls  (Read 1236 times)

omega3000

Blocking nuisance calls
« on: 20 September 2014, 17:02:06 »

I rang the sp Virgin to ask if they would block a nuisance call that calls 3 times a day every day  >:( >:( For 5 weeks now , and when i answer they dont talk or just hang up  >:( Traced it to an insurance claim line and telephonists have African accents  :-\ Virgin dont provide this blocking service for mobiles so took this into my own hands and left them an angry message shouting down the phone !!!

No more phone calls  :y I did swear a bit  :-[

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
  • 2002 2.6 elite,1973 ,Gas van,1974 victor fe
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
Re: Blocking nuisance calls
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2014, 17:41:56 »

You don't like doing it but its the only language that gets through >:(
2002 omega slowly morphing into 2003 omega with increasing doner parts fitted

cleggy

« Reply #2 on: 20 September 2014, 18:38:33 »

I always leave the answer phone on on the land line ( never use the mobile only for emergency use when travelling) it soon stops them, however I was expecting an important call and when I picked up the phone it was some bigger claiming to be from Accident Claims, no worry just some small accident. I asked the bitch where she was calling from, and she said Manchester, I told her to freak off and if she called again I would find her and personally remove her clitoris via her anus. They never called again. :y ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 20 September 2014, 18:40:51 by Cleggy »

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 September 2014, 20:11:08 »

sorry mate, that stemo bloke said he wanted a chat ;D, not his fault nobody understands scousers ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

kevinp58

• Omega Knight
  • kent
    • 2002 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 September 2014, 20:17:32 »

I rang the sp Virgin to ask if they would block a nuisance call that calls 3 times a day every day  >:( >:( For 5 weeks now , and when i answer they dont talk or just hang up  >:( Traced it to an insurance claim line and telephonists have African accents  :-\ Virgin dont provide this blocking service for mobiles so took this into my own hands and left them an angry message shouting down the phone !!!

No more phone calls  :y I did swear a bit  :-[

Me too they do get the message then  ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

omega3000

« Reply #5 on: 20 September 2014, 20:21:39 »

Its all very well ringing but then they dont speak  ??? A quick search for the number ont net and you can see who's been calling  >:(

Stuart30

« Reply #6 on: 21 September 2014, 16:28:28 »

Best way I find is either holding phone up to a smoke alarm and pressing "Test"....then hang up.

Or as I did last week when Network Three phoned,after the wife said he is busy the Indian lady said Yes that's fine..can I speak with Him...I simply said "Im having sex with my wifes bottom can you go away".

Oddly she did....very quickly. :-\

omega3000

« Reply #7 on: 21 September 2014, 17:20:10 »

Best way I find is either holding phone up to a smoke alarm and pressing "Test"....then hang up.

Or as I did last week when Network Three phoned,after the wife said he is busy the Indian lady said Yes that's fine..can I speak with Him...I simply said "Im having sex with my wifes bottom can you go away".

Oddly she did....very quickly. :-\

:o ;D ;D That'ad do it  :D Still no calls from this nuisance caller , its heaven  :)

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #8 on: 21 September 2014, 19:45:23 »

Its all very well ringing but then they dont speak  ??? A quick search for the number ont net and you can see who's been calling  >:(

Some call centres use auto dialling, ie the computer is dialling the numbers for them, unanswered calls or engaged calls, the computer just tries another number. Only when it gets through does it start to alert the operator that its got a person on the line....but the operator maybe otherwise engaged on another call/chatting with a m8/outside having a ciggie.....hence the silence treatment  ;)

hoofing it

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 September 2014, 08:58:55 »

Turn the tide on them do what I do and ask them if there offering free phone sex or "hows the weather over there" or just jibber utter pish to them. ;D ;D.
Trust me it works you will be removed from there list pretty fast.
Another one I used to do was talk to them with a Aberdeen accent just like Robin Galloway on Real radio used to to with his Hector Brocklebank H.B fash  ;) ;D

omega3000

« Reply #10 on: 22 September 2014, 13:45:02 »

Turn the tide on them do what I do and ask them if there offering free phone sex or "hows the weather over there" or just jibber utter pish to them. ;D ;D.
Trust me it works you will be removed from there list pretty fast.
Another one I used to do was talk to them with a Aberdeen accent just like Robin Galloway on Real radio used to to with his Hector Brocklebank H.B fash  ;) ;D

I never thought of that one  ::)  :D Im getting worried i mite have been reported for swearing at them  :-[ ;D... still no calls though  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.