Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: preface lift  (Read 2634 times)

swordfish

• Intermediate Member
  • manchester
    • 3.0 omega elite fl / 2000
    • View Profile
preface lift
« on: 15 November 2014, 18:27:36 »

who thinks the pre facelift omegas elit and mv6 are coming back .  i think the retro look with the black body trim looks smarter than all the color coded stuff about nowadays    plus the leather trim is more lush

omega3000

Re: preface lift
« Reply #1 on: 15 November 2014, 19:22:36 »

Ive had the leather in the elite but now have cloth in the mv .. Must say i prefer the cloth and a full working heated seat  ::) ;D

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 November 2014, 10:57:38 »

The day my P Reg CDX is finished the FL Turbo Weasel is going to the nearest Auction or scrapyard!!!  :D

Prefacelifts definitely the way forward  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 17 November 2014, 11:44:02 »

The day my P Reg CDX is finished the FL Turbo Weasel is going to the nearest Auction or scrapyard!!!  :D

Prefacelifts definitely the way forward  :y
If yours is a 2.5 tdi then they're might actually be demand for it... those 6 pot diseasels are preferred to the 2.2dti... certainly no point scrapping it just because you can ::)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 November 2014, 11:53:58 »

Fair point - it's only because I'm sick of the sight of it!  :D

The Turbo Wesel has always been an 'it', wheras the P Reg V6 has always been a 'her'  :y

But yeah, I'd actually not like to see it scrapped. The engine is good, and has never been ragged particularly, always given regular oil changes etc.. and would drop into any Omega trouble-free. Also only done 143k, so not exactly stressed or near the end of its life, either.

Want to make an offer?  :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

omega3000

« Reply #5 on: 17 November 2014, 13:24:22 »

Prefacelifts definitely the only way forward  :y

Fixed  :)

I dont think there is any reputable source to find out how many pf are left on the road , there is none around here and hasnt been for 3-4 years  :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 November 2014, 13:37:31 »

Sadly yes... I learned at the weekend that the ABS had a new Lotus Carlton owner join the club.... you cannot believe there isn't a single person in this country that owns an LC that isn't part of Autobahstormers... but apparently there was at least one! I suppose we could try and build a 'Vauxhall Omega Register' of some description, but I don't suppose it'd be very conclusive. Even if you traversed the land with flyers, sticking them under the windscreen wipers of every Omega you saw, telling them to go to a url, register their vehicle as existing, a link to parts and maintenance support in OOF, and a free £10 just for clicking, I'd estimate 80% of people would look, shrug, then bin the flyer...
« Last Edit: 17 November 2014, 13:39:05 by Diamond Black Geezer »

omega3000

« Reply #7 on: 17 November 2014, 14:17:24 »

We went to the show at Billing this year and i was very surprised how many vauxhall classics were still in existence, ie: 490's and vivas   :o There was only 3-4 pf omega cars there and most looking worst for wear  :( Look after your classic  ::) :)

The Red Baron

• Omega Lord
  • burton on trent.staffs
  • 3.0mv6 sal/3.0elite lpg/2.2dti estate
    • 2000 chipped mv6 3.0l
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 November 2014, 18:40:55 »

two mini facelifts here.  :)

vauxhall & halfords trade cards.v6 cam locking kit.<local only.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 November 2014, 19:25:01 »

I have to agree, my TD CDX Estate is MFL, and the 3.2 Elite is FL, I much prefer the MFL cabin, but love the 3,2 performance. :y

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 November 2014, 21:08:14 »

I have to agree, my TD CDX Estate is MFL, and the 3.2 Elite is FL, I much prefer the MFL cabin, but love the 3,2 performance. :y

^^ This.

The MFL is much better looking, both inside and out.  More functional and harder wearing.

I'd love something along the lines of a late MFL with a 3.2 engine.  That would bring me back to Vauxhall.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

Grrrrrr

• Intermediate Member
  • Buckinghamshire
    • Jaguar. WTF have I done?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 November 2014, 23:22:25 »

I dont think there is any reputable source to find out how many pf are left on the road , there is none around here and hasnt been for 3-4 years  :y

Sure I've seen this on a site somewhere. Honest John, maybe? DVLA must know at least?
Work is the curse of the drinking classes (Oscar Wilde)

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17 November 2014, 23:33:01 »

Sure I've seen this on a site somewhere. Honest John, maybe? DVLA must know at least?

There is a site dedicated, Howmanyleft or something like that.

The problem is, the data is fed to it by the DVLA, who don't know their arse form their elbow.

The amount of Omega's alone they list (which were never released) is eye watering.  Multiply that by every model of every car ever sold, and it's a joke!
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.