Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What was the point?  (Read 2234 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
What was the point?
« on: 21 December 2014, 11:03:23 »

Went out this morning to find that some oppser has thrown a stone through the NSR quarter window. I know that, because they managed to land it in the hat that was on the backseat.
There was nothing stolen, which I refuse to feel grateful about, considering that most of my work tools were in the boot. Although that makes the damage even more frustrating, at least theft is a reason for doing such things. A piss-poor reason admittedly.

Having ordered a replacement glass from Omega Spares(at £30 it's much cheaper than the excess) I'll  have to wait for Parcel Farce to 'deliver' the damn thing at Christmas. Which we all know means I might get it some time before my birthday.
So now I have to seal the hole with something(probably perspex and duct tape), before fitting the replacement. Which I bet requires dismantling most of the door.

Sometimes I wonder if owning anything nice is worth the effort.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: What was the point?
« Reply #1 on: 21 December 2014, 11:05:38 »

I had something similar a few years ago.

Little shits. >:( >:(

4x4

« Reply #2 on: 21 December 2014, 11:11:44 »

No respect for other peoples property,but that type of person is the first to kick off if it happened to them. Good thing they didnt take anything tho .

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #3 on: 21 December 2014, 12:05:03 »

Probably kids throwing stones and one happened to unfortunately go through your window.

Bloody annoying but as Jesus once said "He who is without sin cast the first stone".  In other words who didn't throw stones as kids at some time?

Merry Christmas! :y :y :y :y :y

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 December 2014, 12:14:47 »

Yes, they're clearly deprived, misunderstood, bored, lonely, poor, abused, unloved little darlings.
Or, more likely, worthless ****s.

If I'd caught them, they would have been licking up the broken glass.
« Last Edit: 21 December 2014, 17:07:29 by Kevin Wood »

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 December 2014, 12:44:56 »

Yes, they're clearly deprived, misunderstood, bored, lonely, poor, abused, unloved little darlings.
Or, more likely, worthless c****.

If I'd caught them, they would have been licking up the broken glass.

Ooh, word filter failure.  :o

Sorry to hear about your car. It is so frustrating when that happens as you are powerless to prevent it. Hope you get it sorted soon.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 December 2014, 13:07:10 »

Probably kids throwing stones and one happened to unfortunately go through your window.

Bloody annoying but as Jesus once said "He who is without sin cast the first stone".  In other words who didn't throw stones as kids at some time?

And the least sympathetic post of the year award goes to...

And to answer your Query : Me. Because I wasn't a little *badword* as a child and my parents weren't completely useless.

Quote from: Nick
What Nick Said

Hear, hear.  I feel your pain; having had a van window smashed and £600 worth of toolbag and tools nicked some years back (after spending the 12hr day working for nothing to help out a friend).  :'(
Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 21 December 2014, 13:15:12 »

Tis the season to be retarded...

Any other cars damaged? If it was one of several, Les Plod might raise an eyebrow :-\ Ok it won't fix your window, but it can be added to the list if someone saw summat...

Equally it might have been a chance stone thrown up by a passing vehicle. (This is perhaps a rather optimistic take on the situation as retards are a more likely cause).

Incidentally the word filter prefers to offend 90% of the global population rather than 6 people in Huddersfield on Sea (aka SLady bitshorpe) ::)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 December 2014, 13:21:24 »

No other cars were damaged.
Mine was parked against the kerb, the otherside of the pavement is a 2m high wall. The stone that broke the window ended up halfway across the backseat.

How could that possibly have been anything other than deliberate?

If anyone is offended, please suggest one alternative word that expresses my rage and adequately describes the culprit. I couldn't think of one, and still can't.
« Last Edit: 21 December 2014, 13:25:38 by Nick W »

05omegav6

« Reply #9 on: 21 December 2014, 13:30:29 »

Not going to argue with any of that Nick ;)

As for that word, been caught out by it myself, and have been called worse...

... Australian  ;D but the word you used does rather fit the situation nicely :-\

kev2b4

• Luton, Beds
    • 2.5 CDX ,2.5 tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 December 2014, 13:35:16 »

HAd similar thing last summer - was in van on A10 going towards Kings Lynn, drivers door window broke ( approx 5" dia fell in first, followed by rest of it. Can only assume was an air rifle as there was nothing to my right . luckily window was shut - if had been going  a little faster would have been inline with my ear.  twas a bit draughty driving for a further 180miles before it got fixed.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 December 2014, 14:00:19 »

Ooh, word filter failure.  :o

Ha Ha how did that slip through?  :o  ;D

Can't hold it against Nick for using the word as I can feel his rage from here, and totally agree that whoever did it is nothing but a complete and utter oopsing tuesday!!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21 December 2014, 14:03:04 »

If anyone is offended, please suggest one alternative word that expresses my rage and adequately describes the culprit. I couldn't think of one, and still can't.

I certainly wasn't offended so apologies if it sounded like I was. I was amused if anything (by the word filter slip).  :y The OP has my fullest sympathy.  :y
Years ago someone took a liking to my car badges so I fitted CCTV. Horse and stable door spring to mind as nothing has happened since.
« Last Edit: 21 December 2014, 14:05:15 by YZ250 »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 December 2014, 15:05:52 »

Had the same thing happen[twice]on the Jaguar whilst it was on the drive at home when we were at our previous address.Tiny little triangular windows bonded with their frames into the bodywork just behind the rear doors.Quote I had for brand new ones was £276 each plus fitting!!!Got some second hand from a Jaguar breakers,but still £40 each plus fitting though!

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #14 on: 21 December 2014, 17:52:38 »

And the least sympathetic post of the year award goes to...

And to answer your Query : Me. Because I wasn't a little *badword* as a child and my parents weren't completely useless.

Quote from: Nick
What Nick Said

Hear, hear.  I feel your pain; having had a van window smashed and £600 worth of toolbag and tools nicked some years back (after spending the 12hr day working for nothing to help out a friend).  :'(

I was being sympathetic, but at the same time a realist ;) ;)

Life throws up these shit things, like two of my cars being written off by "responsible" adults; like a death of a charity cyclist recently being caused by a drunken 17 year old driver who got 5 years. Yes, and my cars have been broken into, and scratched, with trim damaged..............but shit happens that's all.  A single broken window is down to kids; an adult, with a grudge, would kick your panels in, scratch all down the paintwork, smash the windscreen. There was no point to answer the question. Let's put things into perspective, that's all I am saying! ::) ::) ::) ::)

But Happy Christmas, and hope all your problems in 2015 are small ;D ;D ;D ;D :y :y
« Last Edit: 21 December 2014, 17:54:23 by Lizzie Zoom »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 17 queries.