Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good garage scheme  (Read 1480 times)

The Sheriff

Good garage scheme
« on: 05 January 2015, 19:07:23 »

Don't know whether this news to you or if it's common knowledge:

http://www.mukaumedia.co.uk/goodgarageschemecouk-how-do-you-respond-to-this/

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Good garage scheme
« Reply #1 on: 06 January 2015, 11:53:10 »

Hmm. So, they get listed in return for using unwanted (and, in the case of engine flush, potentially harmful) snake oil products on your car. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

The Sheriff

« Reply #2 on: 06 January 2015, 12:47:41 »

It would seem so and, after an experience I had the other day, I would guess they're not the only ones.
I downloaded a banking app, only to be told that my phone didn't have any security and I could have the full version of kapersky for a year, free. My phone does have security, thank you, and I don't want you pushing some Russian stuff that I dont need.

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 January 2015, 13:07:35 »

Kapersky may be Russian, but they often feature in the top three AV software list time and time again. Normally costs a tenner for Android per year. The PC version has a small footprint as well.

Are you complaining that you were offered something for free?  ::)
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

aaronjb

« Reply #4 on: 06 January 2015, 13:11:48 »

No, he's complaining he was offered something Russian for free. Do keep up, D ;) ;D

(Of course about 80% of all security researchers worldwide are either Russian or Israeli .. so whatever you use probably has someone from there writing code for it!)

[edit] A lot of banks, for example, recommend you install Trusteer - originally written in Israel.  Because they know nobody installs stuff* they're now looking at products like one of ours, also written in Israel and QA'd in .. Russia; built into the website so you have no choice over the matter ;)
« Last Edit: 06 January 2015, 13:13:27 by aaronjb »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 January 2015, 13:49:59 »

The problem is that every man and his dog recommends you install "stuff", and it normally doesn't end well. ::)

Hence, the sensible man on the street avoids "stuff" like the plague. ;)

Besides, do you trust your bank to decide what you should install? Not sure I do. :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

05omegav6

« Reply #6 on: 06 January 2015, 14:22:33 »

The problem is that every man and his dog recommends you install "stuff", and it normally doesn't end well. ::)

Hence, the sensible man on the street avoids "stuff" like the plague. ;)

Besides, do you trust your bank? Not sure I do. :-\
Well, when you put it like that...

The Sheriff

« Reply #7 on: 06 January 2015, 14:23:13 »

Kapersky may be Russian, but they often feature in the top three AV software list time and time again. Normally costs a tenner for Android per year. The PC version has a small footprint as well.

Not saying kapersky isn't very good, D, just saying that, if someone is pushing you to have something for free, when you already have something you are happy with and they are trying to say you haven't got that thing you are happy with, then........no......thank you.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 January 2015, 15:21:11 »

Not saying kapersky isn't very good, D, just saying that, if someone is pushing you to have something for free, when you already have something you are happy with and they are trying to say you haven't got that thing you are happy with, then........no......thank you.

WOuldn't touch it with a bargepole.  Originally developed by the KGB to keep the NSA out of it's IT systems....says all you need to know about it :-X

BigAl

• Bromley, Kent
    • '07 Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 January 2015, 00:02:21 »

WOuldn't touch it with a bargepole.  Originally developed by the KGB to keep the NSA out of it's IT systems....says all you need to know about it :-X
Thats a good enough endorsement for me! :y

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07 January 2015, 21:35:28 »

Russia is currently having the biggest clampdown on Internet access in the world for its citizens as it is dangerous for them to get any independent information, they might have subversive thoughts, so virtually all TV channels and newspapers only carry Putin's brainwashing propaganda and websites outside of this information sphere, that don't conform to his 'values' are quickly blocked. He is expanding his on and offline spy networks at a large rate, buying the allegiance of many right-wing European political parties through loans and gifts. Not to mention bigger budgets for their propaganda media channels like RT and the recently launched Sputnik and gangs of state run forum trolls. All run by henchmen in Putin's inner circle to make sure they all tow the Putin line. Why is he doing this, because it works in projecting soft power and creating opinions to his advantage all around the world.

Russia is the biggest source of money making hacking scams with extortion malware and of course today they have disrupted several German government websites by hacking or DDoS attacks.

Putin and Russia are currently the most dangerous terrorist sponsoring, crime syndicate in the world and when he falls, don't be surprised if he pushes the big red button, labeled 'nuclear hello' on the basis, if I fall, you all fall.  >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 January 2015, 06:04:08 »

Cheers for that Rods and a very Merry Christmas to you too  ;D ;D ;D
Sadly, there is some truth in there too  :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.