Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The snow does strange things  (Read 3506 times)

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
The snow does strange things
« on: 21 January 2015, 08:20:33 »

It has to be said that the snow changes some peoples driving habits even when there`s none on the road, like the Land Rover Discovery driver this morning on the M621.
I`m coming up the slip road to join the M621, driving at 50 so I can filter in and there`s a nice gap so I indicate and start to pull over only to be met be the Disco driver who thinks `oh no you`re not` and accelerates hard to within 2ft of the car in front to stop me getting on the motorway   :-\
Then when I brake to pull in behind him he sticks the anchors on to try and get me to run into the back of him :o

I don`t know what he was trying to achieve, and as I was heading ten miles down the road to Wakefield I got into lane two, pulled along side him and told him what I thought of him ;)

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
Re: The snow does strange things
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2015, 08:39:07 »

SOPs for a Disco driver innit?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2015, 09:40:19 »

Yeah, he's just bitter because you've got a boot floor and he hasn't. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

The Sheriff

« Reply #3 on: 21 January 2015, 09:56:20 »

I drovefrom Barnsley to Wakefield this morning. I was either tailgated by idiots or held up by idiots. They either want to do 80 or 15, nothing in tne middle  ;D
Still snowing here and I have to do the same journey later to pick my son up.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2015, 10:03:59 »

Yeah, he's just bitter because you've got a boot floor and he hasn't. ;)

There's nowt like cold feet to make someone a grumpy sh!t ;D

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2015, 21:38:37 »

I drovefrom Barnsley to Wakefield this morning. I was either tailgated by idiots or held up by idiots. They either want to do 80 or 15, nothing in tne middle  ;D

That's quite a trip Steve, twice a day too; I assume school related..........  :) :)

The Sheriff

« Reply #6 on: 22 January 2015, 06:30:08 »

That's quite a trip Steve, twice a day too; I assume school related..........  :) :)
Yep. Luckily I dont drive an omega so I'm likely to get there.

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 22 January 2015, 11:08:46 »

Yep. Luckily I dont drive an omega so I'm likely to get there.
And back it would seem... ::)

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #8 on: 22 January 2015, 18:59:14 »

They either want to do 80 or 15

Once these 'Smart motorways' have been completed no one will be doing more than 70mph!!! The new speed cameras will see to that. They are now as well as enforcing the red ring 60 or 50 mph speed limits when its busy, enforcing the 70mph speed limit. So beware, the new gantrys hide a new money making scheme even when they aren't in use, they're 'in use'!!!!

The Sheriff

« Reply #9 on: 22 January 2015, 19:11:48 »

Once these 'Smart motorways' have been completed no one will be doing more than 70mph!!! The new speed cameras will see to that. They are now as well as enforcing the red ring 60 or 50 mph speed limits when its busy, enforcing the 70mph speed limit. So beware, the new gantrys hide a new money making scheme even when they aren't in use, they're 'in use'!!!!
Just this minute been on the telly.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 January 2015, 19:14:49 »

I suggest that all the relevant constabularies get their act together and standardise the present varying parameters that dictate as to whether the motorist receives a fine for speeding or not.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

firemoth

• Preston, Lancashire
    • Vauxhall omega 2.2dti est
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 January 2015, 19:31:58 »

I think its mad they're putting these daft cameras in. I don't speed (wrecklessly) doing 80mph on a motorway in the middle of the night when you pass maybe 2 vehicles every half hour, what's the harm? Most motorways in Europe have much higher speed limits. Admittedly, we have one of the best safety record, but most of our urban roads have higher limits than them. Germany is one of the safest too, but 70% of their motorways are unrestricted. And they take full advantage. I was there last summer, and sitting at 100mph, is only overtaking wagons which are limited. Most cars were overtaking me and by alot. So safety and speed isn't a direct correlation......

The Sheriff

« Reply #12 on: 22 January 2015, 19:34:47 »

I think its mad they're putting these daft cameras in. I don't speed (wrecklessly) doing 80mph on a motorway in the middle of the night when you pass maybe 2 vehicles every half hour, what's the harm? Most motorways in Europe have much higher speed limits. Admittedly, we have one of the best safety record, but most of our urban roads have higher limits than them. Germany is one of the safest too, but 70% of their motorways are unrestricted. And they take full advantage. I was there last summer, and sitting at 100mph, is only overtaking wagons which are limited. Most cars were overtaking me and by alot. So safety and speed isn't a direct correlation......
You're missing the point. Nothing to do with safety, everything to do with revenue raising.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 January 2015, 19:35:45 »

Smart motorways are all well and good until someone falls asleep in the control room.  ::)

A few months ago I was driving around the western M25 and all the gantry signs were showing 40, but it was 8pm, not a great deal of traffic and no accidents or hold ups.  :-\ 

I assumed that they had been left like that from the rush hour.....   ::)  >:(  Maybe I should be more cynical as to why they were left at 40....  :-\  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

The Sheriff

« Reply #14 on: 22 January 2015, 19:38:13 »

Smart motorways are all well and good until someone falls asleep in the control room.  ::)

A few months ago I was driving around the western M25 and all the gantry signs were showing 40, but it was 8pm, not a great deal of traffic and no accidents or hold ups.  :-\ 

I assumed that they had been left like that from the rush hour.....   ::)  >:(
Or...the motorway is only smart if the operator is smart. So it depends on where you are in the country. In the West Country, yokels will have it set at 10mph for their haywains. ;D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 22 queries.