Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: coolant leak.  (Read 935 times)

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
coolant leak.
« on: 23 May 2015, 12:53:59 »

Help please..i have water dripping on my 2.2 (desmond ),,,It appears to be coming down the side of the oil filter and onto the under tray......there are two small bore hoses going to the oil filter housing and I have checked those and they appear to be fine..it is above those hoses at the back of the filter that you cant see ,somewhere between that filter housing and the engine block....could it be that filter housing,,if so would it be that there is a gasket there somewhere,,,or do the housings split or crack...it has just appeared for no reason as yesterday all was ok.. :( :(

4x4

Re: coolant leak.
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2015, 14:39:02 »

There is a coolant pipe tucked up behind the inlet manifold that goes into the engine block.

Part no 6 is the pipe
« Last Edit: 23 May 2015, 14:43:40 by 4x4 »

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2015, 15:35:19 »

Thanks...i could not see that so i will take a look and see if it is the problem,cheers  :y

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2015, 20:42:17 »

checked all hoses and no leaks...there appears to be a switch going into the oil filter housing from the engine block side but as far as i can see its ok. and not leaking water......engine runs at 90 degrees when running and fan kicks in when required,,,am now at a loss as to where the leak is coming from...it is definatly somewhere on the inlet manifold side  and it is a continual drip,drip drip when engine warms up and stops when cold,and runs down the block onto the edge of the front sump......getting ready to give up on omegas  as they are a pain in the butt.....any ideas what could be leaking down that side ...cheers. :y

4x4

« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2015, 07:36:48 »

Can you post up a video or pics of the drip when it happens.
Dont forget there are also coolant pipes on the throttle body.

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2015, 21:00:44 »

Going into local garage next week so he can put it up on a ramp and have a proper look..so will let you know,thanks  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.