Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: New wheels  (Read 10732 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: New wheels
« Reply #75 on: 29 May 2015, 18:07:59 »

I think your figures shouldn't be too far off to be honest, maybe not quite such a drop as 20%.  Remember, you will still use petrol (warming up, when you run out of gas).  I'd say a 30-35% saving on fuel bill is quite realistic.

You need to fill when nearly empty - short filling or filling when only half empty seems to severely impact MPG, I can only assume quite a lot is lost in the filling process.

Excellent tip, thanks. 30% Saving is great, means itll pay back in <1yr given my current mileage. Should also give me a good idea of range vs tank size. If I understand the guide correctly. Actual capacity of a tank is roughly 80% of nominal capacity?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: New wheels
« Reply #76 on: 30 May 2015, 11:02:35 »

I think your figures shouldn't be too far off to be honest, maybe not quite such a drop as 20%.  Remember, you will still use petrol (warming up, when you run out of gas).  I'd say a 30-35% saving on fuel bill is quite realistic.

You need to fill when nearly empty - short filling or filling when only half empty seems to severely impact MPG, I can only assume quite a lot is lost in the filling process.

Excellent tip, thanks. 30% Saving is great, means itll pay back in <1yr given my current mileage. Should also give me a good idea of range vs tank size. If I understand the guide correctly. Actual capacity of a tank is roughly 80% of nominal capacity?
Correct, so an 80l tank accepts approx. 65l of gas when properly set up (its easy to set tank incorrectly so it takes less or more, which would need adjusting).  I personally wouldn't go below an 80l tank, or if an estate the very biggest you could get, even if you have to raise floor by a couple of inches.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 18 queries.