Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mot pased  (Read 971 times)

tooleater

• Rickmansworth,  Herts
    • Go faster Black MV6 Man
    • View Profile
Mot pased
« on: 30 May 2015, 23:06:38 »

Mot passed after car was sorn for a month, could not find any time to sort the motor,as I have just bought a property. Gave to a local guy, fitted a new Vx Discs pads and Bilstein rear shocks, I cannot believe how much the drive has been improved, he told me one of the calliper s was seized.which he sorted. But considering the Motor 15 years old I'm considering putting new calipers in. Is this a good option guys, members recommend Vx disc and pad kit, how about calipers :y
Cheers

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
Re: Mot pased
« Reply #1 on: 30 May 2015, 23:41:57 »

Callipers respond well to a strip down, grease and re-build.  I've never had to change one on any of my previous Omega's.

Discs and Pads:  It's very subjective.... How hard does the car get driven?  If hard, then you want to spend some serious cash on VX discs and pads, although I'm not hearing great things about them recently.  If the car seldom/never gets taken on high speed blasts down several stretches of Ring Road, thn fit whatever you are comfortable with.

Congrats on the ticket!  :y
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

tooleater

• Rickmansworth,  Herts
    • Go faster Black MV6 Man
    • View Profile
Re: Mot pased
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2015, 00:10:44 »

Cheers for Mate, just had new Vx kit installed. Got a Autobahn trade card, so £118 all in I think good value. Can't be bothered stripping them, but concerned might seize again and bugger new discs. How much use week ends only, driven normally. Plod are pretty hot in unmarked cars round this neck of the woods. :-X
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.