Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hard Too Sell  (Read 6770 times)

MV6Gaz

• Reading
    • 02 MV6 3.2 estate
    • View Profile
Re: Hard Too Sell
« Reply #15 on: 03 June 2015, 11:34:59 »

Have to agree with all the above, never had a brand new car, always seem to be buying ones destined for scrap and have always been shocked at why people just seem to throw them away, just saved another V70 from scrap (bush required), and my mv6 came the same way, misdiagnosed head gasket! Amazing what you can get for next to nothing, compared to the new list price, trouble is I have four now, oh and the dog was from rescue as well :y
05 Volvo S80 D5, 98 V70 TDI, 99 V70 SE

The Sheriff

« Reply #16 on: 03 June 2015, 11:44:05 »

When older cars that break down it is usually because the impoverished owner is trying to run the car on a shoestring.

The philosophy is that if the car is worth SFA then why waste money he or she does not have on keeping the sack of shit going. Throwing good money after bad so to speak.

Hence......oil level low or oil never changed. Cambelt not changed since 1969. Five year coolant never checked and now ten years old. The list is endless. :-\
You need to sort that lot out, Matey. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 June 2015, 11:48:51 »

When older cars that break down it is usually because the impoverished owner is trying to run the car on a shoestring.

The philosophy is that if the car is worth SFA then why waste money he or she does not have on keeping the sack of shit going. Throwing good money after bad so to speak.

Hence......oil level low or oil never changed. Cambelt not changed since 1969. Five year coolant never checked and now ten years old. The list is endless. :-\

I'll have you know that my Omega runs like a swiss watch. :P :P :P :P

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 June 2015, 11:50:39 »

Did you get timing belt sorted  :-\

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 June 2015, 11:53:10 »

I have advertised mine on a few web sites now with no reply so due to my last heart attack on Sunday [2 attacks in a week] looks like my omegas final resting place is my drive way
as not aloud to drive at the moment

Really sorry to hear that. :( I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you get back behind the wheel soon. :y

Yes, it's the failure to understand that, if you want a reliable car, old or new, you have to pay for a certain amount of maintenance, just as you have to put fuel in it.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03 June 2015, 12:01:12 »

Did you get timing belt sorted  :-\

Four years in August. :y

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03 June 2015, 18:55:07 »

Have to agree with all the above, never had a brand new car, always seem to be buying ones destined for scrap and have always been shocked at why people just seem to throw them away, just saved another V70 from scrap (bush required), and my mv6 came the same way, misdiagnosed head gasket! Amazing what you can get for next to nothing, compared to the new list price, trouble is I have four now, oh and the dog was from rescue as well :y

Indeed  :y These cars are standing the test of time  :)
Omegatitis

The Sheriff

« Reply #22 on: 03 June 2015, 19:09:38 »

Fickin clapped-out rust buckets  ;D

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 June 2015, 20:20:17 »

Fickin clapped-out rust buckets  ;D

Shhhhh  ;D

Omegatitis

neilr

• Intermediate Member
  • Barnet, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03 June 2015, 20:42:35 »

Oh well scrapman it is  :'(

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03 June 2015, 21:03:53 »

Can't you break it to get your money, then let scrap man have what is left.
I hated saying that, I feel someone has cut part of me off when another bites the dust :(
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

4x4

« Reply #26 on: 03 June 2015, 21:04:28 »

Pm sent

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03 June 2015, 21:24:01 »

Never spent much on the buying price of an Omega and still think they are good value for money considering what they cost new  :o Ok so most need a few bob sorting out but so do most other cars , parts are not too badly priced either . Is it me or do you get the feeling your closing the door of a tank  ;D Damn solid built cars .
Omegatitis

Dan282

• Stoke on trent
    • 2001 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03 June 2015, 22:47:34 »

Some better pictures and a more in-depth description neil will probably get more interest. Certainly worth the money you are asking.  :)

driver115

• caistor lincolnshire
    • 3.2MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03 June 2015, 23:06:20 »

Although I have a nearly new car which is a crap drive, I have driven 1 omega for 11 years, and would continue to do so if it had not been written off by a hit and run driver, and although seen only as scrap value to most it has so much more value to keep as a donor car for my other one which is a 3.2 MV6 ex plod manual saloon which I have had for 3 yrs, and intend to keep and continue to drive it for as long as I can.It always puts a smile on my face when out for a spin in it.Potential buyers give omegas a miss because of the vehicle tax, low mpg compared to newer cars, higher running costs and perceived prohibitive maintenance costs all play their part.The omega has never been the choice of most but it will continue to give pleasure to the few who continue to own one :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.