Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Selling rules - 250 posts.  (Read 18338 times)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Selling rules - 250 posts.
« Reply #15 on: 05 June 2015, 17:22:59 »

The figures used to be lower, much lower.
Unfortunately this eant it was too easy to enter a page of hello's to newbies, and there it was, you had access.

Now it is 250, and the Newbie section locks posts to help control this.

This site costs time and money to run, and isnt the free ad's, Sales are limited to those who show some sort of commitment to using the forum and hopefully giving potential buyers an insight into who they are.

I cannot see this limit changing downwards any time soon.

And it shouldn't change... 250 posts is easy to rack up
Yep. And you can lose thousands in just a second.  ;D

How do you do that? ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05 June 2015, 17:54:14 »

STOP BLOODY MOANING,BE CONSTRUCTIVE AND GET INVOLVED,  :y

They have been the rules for years so why should they be changed for you, so you dont have to post 250 times.

Be fair, OP was not moaning, just making a comment. Yes it may be that he would like to sell something, but he hasn't said that, in fact he specifically denies that he has anything to sell.  :y

Yep, there's nothing wrong with having the discussion.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 June 2015, 19:36:53 »

My vote would go for keeping the 250 post rule[not that it's up for a vote or that I hold any sway on the matter!!!!]Does the post count rule apply to want ads?I can't recall but I don't see any harm in a wanted ad no matter how many posts are made.That's just my opinion anyway.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 June 2015, 19:47:01 »

And it shouldn't change... 250 posts is easy to rack up
Yep. And you can lose thousands in just a second.  ;D

I don't think you can advertise Flemmy Green Astras on here.  :-\  ;D
Quiet, Junior. I am not going to attempt to sell a modern, low mileage, economical car on here, am I?
The criteria is: ancient, starship miles, mpg in the teens. Rot and rust seem to be expensive extras.

I quite agree Steve, no respect from the junior members there days........... :D :D :D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 June 2015, 19:59:57 »

Especially that junior tigger bloke :D
Hoof'land storeman.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 June 2015, 20:25:42 »

Jeez.... It's still light, what's that vampire doing out?  :o  ::)  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 June 2015, 20:29:10 »

Especially that junior tigger bloke :D

Actually TB saved me from myself by demoting me, as I was thinking of selling my Mig with it's brand new MOT (No advisories) but as a newbie I can't.....  ::)  I made a valiant attempt at restoring my previous station in life but have now decided it's just karma.  8)

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 June 2015, 21:08:48 »

Following on from the discussion about this in the newbie section - I have spent much more time reading through the sections of the forum than I have posting on it, and have  formed a few opinions on various issues.
One of them is that it could possibly be a good idea for the admins to consider lowering the limit ?
It seems pretty clear that when this figure was decided on, there were many, many more active members who posted many more posts on all kinds of subjects, so it would have been easier to rack up 250 posts in a shorter space of time.
It seems that the forum is now much smaller and less active, with less people wanting to sell cars or parts,so it may be worth the number of posts required being adjusted to reflect this ?
I don't have any parts or a car that I want to sell. Just thought it might be worth raising the matter for discussion.  ;)

Knowing admin position on sales... Not a hope in hell, I'd of thought.

1 admin want a quiet life and disputes over sales isn't on that agenda. (Although I'm not sure why admin have to get involved in sales disputes tbh, gum tree and eBay can't be arsed, for example. Might be a legal thing though.)

2 would you be happy buying from someone you didn't know at all, or someone that's been around a while?

3 selling is free. There's no where to edevertise a car for free on the web. So 250 posts is needed to keep all and sundry at bay, it would just get out of hand.

4 250 posts is a time served figure known to work given 1-3 above. Lowering it is, iirc, known to cause agro I'm fairly sure.

So I'd be bloody amazed of it was lowered.

Apart from anything else, all you'll get is a load of bitching and moaning about the car, the price, the colour with the hypothetical price lowered with each post until they'll have you paying them to take it away. ::)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05 June 2015, 21:17:18 »

3 selling is free. There's no where to edevertise a car for free on the web. So 250 posts is needed to keep all and sundry at bay, it would just get out of hand.

Gumtree.  ;)

4x4

« Reply #24 on: 05 June 2015, 21:24:25 »

Freeads
Pre loved
And thats just 2 with out even looking on line,maybe using a search thing like err yahoo,google will help, ;D

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05 June 2015, 21:26:05 »

Jeez.... It's still light, what's that vampire doing out:o  ::)  ;D

:y :y :-*

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06 June 2015, 00:12:14 »

Gumtree.  ;)

Ah yes. But more than a certain number they accuse you of being a dealer and expect a fee. But quite right Trigger :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06 June 2015, 08:20:49 »

They have been the rules for years so why should they be changed for you, so you dont have to post 250 times.

I can only assume that you read the title of the thread but didn't bother reading the content of my post.  ???
There was no moaning involved whatsoever. Imo the way to be constructive is to have a civilised discussion on any given topic.
Im as involved as I want to be in this forum. I happen to be much more involved in a few other forums, but they are much more open, friendly, and generally have a much higher level of discussion between members, without people shouting at each other.
I don't want the rules changed for me, in fact I don't actually want them changed at all. I just had the thought that it may be worth revisiting the subject and having a discussion about it, now that the forum appears to have changed quite dramatically  (cant think why  ::) :-X ) since the rules were first applied.
As I stated in my first post, I have no plans whatsoever to sell anything on here. Having read the comments on quite a few of the "Car for sale" threads, I can say with some conviction that if I decided to sell my Omega, this would be way down the list of places I would want to advertise it.  ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06 June 2015, 08:23:57 »

Freeads
Pre loved
And thats just 2 with out even looking on line,maybe using a search thing like err yahoo,google will help, ;D

True, but will it sell on there?

What I should of said was there's nowhere "worth" advertising for free. (Including on here actually)
« Last Edit: 06 June 2015, 08:26:22 by chrisgixer »

The Sheriff

« Reply #29 on: 06 June 2015, 08:38:25 »

I can only assume that you read the title of the thread but didn't bother reading the content of my post.  ???
There was no moaning involved whatsoever. Imo the way to be constructive is to have a civilised discussion on any given topic.
Im as involved as I want to be in this forum. I happen to be much more involved in a few other forums, but they are much more open, friendly, and generally have a much higher level of discussion between members, without people shouting at each other.
I don't want the rules changed for me, in fact I don't actually want them changed at all. I just had the thought that it may be worth revisiting the subject and having a discussion about it, now that the forum appears to have changed quite dramatically  (cant think why  ::) :-X ) since the rules were first applied.
As I stated in my first post, I have no plans whatsoever to sell anything on here. Having read the comments on quite a few of the "Car for sale" threads, I can say with some conviction that if I decided to sell my Omega, this would be way down the list of places I would want to advertise it.  ;)
That's quite a statement considering that this forum was considered by many as one of the most friendly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.