Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Top gear...  (Read 7589 times)

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
Re: Top gear...
« Reply #15 on: 17 June 2015, 08:12:02 »

The last of the original TopGear episodes will air as a special on 28th June at 8PM I shall be watching...

I actually don't mind Chris Evans TBH, don't see why he annoys people so much...

He will be fronting a new BBC motoring show that happens to be called Top Gear....

Give him a chance folks, don't write it off without seeing what happens...
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 17 June 2015, 08:24:27 »

So when Clarkson was sacked, and Chris Evans said
I won't be presenting Topgear he wasn't telling porkies, it's a new BBC motoring show type thingy? Mmm produced by ginger produtions or Andy wilman?
Didn't he sell ginger productins back in the 90s (his lost years as he calls it), hence is now a very rich man

Not sure, but I think, the Scottish media case cost him a lot of money,and he sold most of his Ferrari's think he only owns the 250gt now, not as rich as he was, think its called comfortable.
Hoof'land storeman.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 17 June 2015, 09:04:25 »

I heard, from a man that works at the beeb, that Chris Evens will only be doing one show of TG,  :-\ :-\

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 17 June 2015, 09:06:20 »

What the hell did Billie Piper see in him?  apart from his bank balance :D Still, at least she dumped in pretty short time.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17 June 2015, 09:17:46 »

So when Clarkson was sacked, and Chris Evans said
I won't be presenting Topgear he wasn't telling porkies, it's a new BBC motoring show type thingy? Mmm produced by ginger produtions or Andy wilman?
Didn't he sell ginger productins back in the 90s (his lost years as he calls it), hence is now a very rich man

Not sure, but I think, the Scottish media case cost him a lot of money,and he sold most of his Ferrari's think he only owns the 250gt now, not as rich as he was, think its called comfortable.

£45m in 2008 according to this article on Yahoo finance, that was post the SMG case and other articles suggest about £50m today. So yes, comfortable  :o

Personally I like him, to come from very humble beginnings and go as far as he has deserves admiration indeed! Did he make an ar$e of it? Sure! Most of us do at some point, but then again most of us have the privilege of being able to do it without the eyes of the world on us.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17 June 2015, 09:45:13 »

Should be interesting, he has a personal passion for cars. Only have to look at his personal collection to know that, huge collection.

Better that, than someone to 'front' it who has no interest in cars, but looks good on TV.

Not sure if the passion for cars/bikes will translate into a good show, or how will get on with other(s)? Be fair to give him a shot.

Although it could be he is only presenting the up coming special and nothing else, this is just to hype it up! 

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 June 2015, 10:45:15 »

What the hell did Billie Piper see in him?  apart from his bank balance :D Still, at least she dumped in pretty short time.

Apparently he is hung like  me a baby arm holding a rattle  ;D ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #22 on: 17 June 2015, 10:55:06 »

What the hell did Billie Piper see in him? apart from his bank balance :D Still, at least she dumped in pretty short time.

I don't know.. but I know what he saw in her! Where's a drooling smiley when you need one.. ;D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 June 2015, 10:55:53 »

I heard, from a man that works at the beeb, that Chris Evens will only be doing one show of TG,  :-\ :-\
On tut wireless this morning he said he is down for 13 shows, and has a passion for the show.. Cant wait :y
Hoof'land storeman.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 June 2015, 11:01:16 »

What the hell did Billie Piper see in him? apart from his bank balance :D Still, at least she dumped in pretty short time.

I don't know.. but I know what he saw in her! Where's a drooling smiley when you need one.. ;D

Have a look at the Secret Diary of a Call Girl section on YouTube  ;) ;)

The sheep one is highly recommended for our welsh members (and everybody else really)
« Last Edit: 17 June 2015, 11:04:08 by tigers_gonads »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17 June 2015, 11:10:04 »

Oh, to be poor enough to be down to my last 250GTO. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 June 2015, 11:34:58 »

The James Coburn one at that :)
Hoof'land storeman.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 June 2015, 12:17:37 »

Should be interesting, he has a personal passion for cars. Only have to look at his personal collection to know that, huge collection.

Better that, than someone to 'front' it who has no interest in cars, but looks good on TV.

Not sure if the passion for cars/bikes will translate into a good show, or how will get on with other(s)? Be fair to give him a shot.

Although it could be he is only presenting the up coming special and nothing else, this is just to hype it up!

I don't think he has a passion for cars, music or anything else. His only passion is his enormous ego. Hes a famous DJ who doesn't love music, it just gives him a vehicle to talk non stop and make lots of money.
He has bought lot of very expensive cars, paid millions for some of them ,but I don't believe he is passionate about the cars. He just loves the ego trip that comes from owning things that most other people would love to own, but could never afford.
He is a vacuous, soulless, irritating knob, who will hopefully die on his arse when he takes over the job.

Apart from that, he is a lovely chap. :y ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 June 2015, 12:33:01 »

I don't think he has a passion for cars, music or anything else. His only passion is his enormous ego. Hes a famous DJ who doesn't love music, it just gives him a vehicle to talk non stop and make lots of money.
He has bought lot of very expensive cars, paid millions for some of them ,but I don't believe he is passionate about the cars. He just loves the ego trip that comes from owning things that most other people would love to own, but could never afford.
He is a vacuous, soulless, irritating knob, who will hopefully die on his arse when he takes over the job.

Apart from that, he is a lovely chap. :y ;D
He speaks highly of you too.
Hoof'land storeman.

aaronjb

« Reply #29 on: 17 June 2015, 13:21:50 »

Have a look at the Secret Diary of a Call Girl section on YouTube  ;) ;)

I may have watched the odd episode.. ;D

As the story goes didn't he have to sell several others in order to buy the 'really' expensive one? Something along the lines of "Mr Accountant, how many cars do I have to sell to finance the one I really want?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.