Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone on Vodafone?  (Read 2246 times)

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
Anyone on Vodafone?
« on: 17 June 2015, 15:12:26 »

Time to cancel woo-hoo
Price increase means you can cancel your contract.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/06/16/vodafone_hikes_prices_37_5p/

If you have a phone and contract with Vodafone, you can now cancel and you get to keep the phone. You can even go back with Vodafone on a new contract and get a new phone. You can then sell spare phone.

FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone on Vodafone?
« Reply #1 on: 17 June 2015, 16:13:13 »

Very interested in this. I've been counting the days until I could part company with these jokers for some time now!

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 June 2015, 17:21:12 »

Cant get any phone signal here and Vodaphone are the only ones who came up with a solution

Keith B

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 June 2015, 17:46:47 »

Cant get any phone signal here and Vodaphone are the only ones who came up with a solution

Keith B
The home cell over broadband? Other companies do that as well. In fact EE will Wi-Fi call over to a physical line.

The point is, if you have a phone and contract, you can cancel with no penalty and you get to keep the phone. Then re-join Vodafone (if you wish) on a new contract and get a new phone.

It's only useful if you have a phone on contract and are still tied into the 12/18/24mth contract.

mka306

« Reply #4 on: 17 June 2015, 18:10:21 »

Just been onto Vodafone to canx and been told i'll be charged for cancelling my contract????

I'm guessing this is a load of rubbish then?

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 June 2015, 18:14:55 »

From here

Quote from: Vodafone
We appreciate this may mean your monthly bills increase by more than the Retail Price Index of 0.9%, so we’re giving you the opportunity to end your agreement with us without charge. To do this, simply write to us within 30 days of the receipt of this communication at Vodafone Customer Care, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN.

They are trying to avoid it  :y

mka306

« Reply #6 on: 17 June 2015, 18:31:49 »

I have read up on this and it does not apply to every Vodafone customer, read below:-

This page applies only to people who received a text from us directing them here. You have the right to cancel only if you received such a message directly from us.

From 28 June 2014 we’ll be making some changes to our pricing. These changes will happen automatically so you won’t need to do anything. Please read this page for details on what these changes are and how they’ll affect you.

We really hope you decide to stay with us, but as these changes have increased your monthly bill by more than 10%, you can end your agreement without charge. If you decide to do this, please write to us before 28 June 2014 at Vodafone Limited, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 June 2015, 19:25:20 »

The text you quoted was from last years price rise (great company eh?), the link above for Vodafone, mentions no such message or even selective customers. I'm not saying it will work, but ask yourself if it's worth writing a letter and potentially wasting a stamp.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 June 2015, 21:11:51 »

Used to be with these ,tards on a pay & go phone. They kept texting to try to get me on a contract. I ignored these so they then started to phone me at various times of the day. Told them if they persisted i would go elsewhere, the calls kept coming so i am now with giff gaff. Vodafone, a right PITA

The Sheriff

« Reply #9 on: 17 June 2015, 21:31:46 »

They are all a pain in the arse. We have three contracts with 3. Me, the wife and the son. I got a call the other night with a 'too good to miss' offer. iPhone 6, loads of calls, texts, Internet and well cheap.
'Is this instead of one of the phones we have?' I asked. 'No, it's an extra phone, you can keep it as a spare for emergencies'.

Eff off please.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 June 2015, 01:14:33 »

Ive been with Vodafone on the same number now for 25 years now, currently get Unlimited Mins and Texts with 6GB of 4G on the Red++ plan for £6.50 pm, so think I might hang around a tad longer. 

mka306

« Reply #11 on: 18 June 2015, 07:22:16 »

Ive been with Vodafone on the same number now for 25 years now, currently get Unlimited Mins and Texts with 6GB of 4G on the Red++ plan for £6.50 pm, so think I might hang around a tad longer.

£6.50pm  :o How on earth have you got a deal with all the added extras for that little?????

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 18 June 2015, 09:43:13 »

£6.50pm  :o How on earth have you got a deal with all the added extras for that little?????
That's exactly what the Vodafone staff say when I phone up for day to day stuff.  ;D ;D

25 Years of whining at them every Contract end time, Im up to 80% airtime discount at the moment  :D

I also get Free Spotify thrown in worth 10 quid a month, and I know for a fact that cost them a fiver a month, so there actually getting £1.50 pm off me.  :D 
« Last Edit: 18 June 2015, 09:46:02 by zirk »

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 June 2015, 11:10:48 »

Just given them a call to confirm what contract I'm on. Sadly my prices won't be going up so I need to wait until my contract expires (2 months to go!).

The Sheriff

« Reply #14 on: 18 June 2015, 12:40:48 »

Telecoms companies, banks, energy companies, etc., are all much of a muchness in my opinion. People jump ship only to find themselves in an even worse position.

Instead of listening to the various offers/incentives these companies have available at any particular time, write down what it is you actually need, without the window dressing, and see what's available.
In the case of mobile phones esp., I think lots of folk are seduced into paying for stuff that they just don't need. I use about 2-300 mins, virtually no texts and do most of my internet stuff on wifi. So I'm not interested in paying extra for more, no matter how much the student in the 3 store pleads with me.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.