Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone on Vodafone?  (Read 2244 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone on Vodafone?
« Reply #15 on: 18 June 2015, 13:11:31 »

I would add to that - look at the reception/data speeds in your area.

All the companies have good and bad spots, the name of the game is trying to make sure that where you live and work aren't black spots for the network you select.

Oh and to add to my dislike of vodafone, it took me two goes to get someone who could understand what I was asking them and vice versa. That really pi$$es me off!

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 June 2015, 13:26:23 »

I was a Vodafone customer when I was contracting. I bought (OK cheaply) a PCMCIA 3G card which was the bee-knees back then. I was having issues and went through to technical support, once I'd got through 4/5 layers of idiots. The tech guys were no better, they hadn't got a clue. In fact one of them said, "You've got a better idea than us!" I was trying to run some obscure software which required specific ports to be active. They kept insisting they do not port block (even though using port scanners I could prove they were) and they were absolutely insistent that they don't use a NATs (Network Address Translation), which again I disproved by showing them my assigned 10.10.X.X IP address.

They gave up in the end, refunded a 6mth old PCMCIA card and lost a customer forever. Went to local shopping centre, visited the Three shop, £50 saw me with a usb dongle, which worked faultlessly. I didn't even check the network settings, it just worked.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 June 2015, 14:18:29 »

My experiences with Vodaphoney PAYG means I would rather be without a mobile than using them ;)

FWIW, Three do a home signal box too, although they don't advertise it
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18 June 2015, 16:10:20 »

In the case of mobile phones esp., I think lots of folk are seduced into paying for stuff that they just don't need. I use about 2-300 mins, virtually no texts and do most of my internet stuff on wifi. So I'm not interested in paying extra for more, no matter how much the student in the 3 store pleads with me.

To turn that around, the network operators bloat out their offerings with the things that are virtually free for them to give away, and are stingy with things that cost them money. Hence you'll be offered more texts per month than you could possibly type in, yet mobile data will be restricted. So, you aren't necessarily paying for things you don't use, because their real value is practically zero anyway. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

The Sheriff

« Reply #19 on: 18 June 2015, 16:17:54 »

My experiences with Vodaphoney PAYG means I would rather be without a mobile than using them ;)

FWIW, Three do a home signal box too, although they don't advertise it
You can download the 'Three in touch' app which lets you use your router for calls/texts over wifi.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.