Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If the Russians or Chinese.....  (Read 1302 times)

The Sheriff

If the Russians or Chinese.....
« on: 17 June 2015, 18:15:37 »

......decided to hack our banking system and you want to know what that would feel like, start banking with RBS. :y

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
Re: If the Russians or Chinese.....
« Reply #1 on: 17 June 2015, 19:24:20 »

Charlatan of a bank. Utterly hopeless, and a hopeless response to its customers more importantly.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 June 2015, 20:06:24 »

I do wonder if the failure of RBS contributed to the no vote to Scottish independence :-\
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 June 2015, 20:25:26 »

Charlatan of a bank. Utterly hopeless, and a hopeless response to its customers more importantly.

But they have more important things to concern themselves with. Big bonuses and fixing the libor rate to name but two.

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 June 2015, 20:28:51 »

But they have more important things to concern themselves with. Big bonuses and fixing the libor rate to name but two.

May I refer the honourable member to the 1st sentence of my post, too. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 June 2015, 20:38:19 »

....and let us not forget rigging the foreign exchnge markets to the tune of £5.6 billion.

This is not exactly scrumping apples.

They talk of criminal charges but bankers are 'above the law'. They are exempt from the laws that apply to us mere mortals.  >:(

The Sheriff

« Reply #6 on: 17 June 2015, 20:51:31 »

Will any of the people who have not received their payments switch accounts? Probably not.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 June 2015, 23:20:48 »

Will any of the people who have not received their payments switch accounts? Probably not.
.....which is why the banks treat them a a 'fu*k you' contempt.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 June 2015, 23:50:13 »

I expect they will get round to that once they have finished obtaining all the information they want from our public sector databases including IR and health. The banks are generally better than most with their second password systems and FCA imposed pen testing procedures.

With sloppy user security procedures, fifth column penetration and unknown exploits we seem to be currently losing the cyber battles and wars in the West. :( :( :( :(

What is equally alarming is the lack of political will by Western politicians to do anything about it. The latest Chinese hack of all US public servant records is an act of war. The US should retaliate where it would really cripple the Chinese by either banning or adding huge sectoral import duties to Chinese imports. If they only want to play by some of the rules of friendly nation behaviour then exclude them from the bits they profit from. :y :y :y :y

Under Obama the US has been retired from acting like a superpower and the world's policeman and that is why an avoidable and unnecessary WWIII is coming as the liberties taken by Russia, China and Iran will get bigger and bigger (like Germany's and Japan's in the 1930s / early 1940s) until they can't be ignored. This current generation of politicians are the first born well after WWII and they are making all the same mistakes as the 1930's generation of politicians did. :( :( :( :(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 June 2015, 11:31:04 »

I don't think it shows in my posts but I don't like banks or bankers. :)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 June 2015, 13:22:35 »

The US should retaliate where it would really cripple the Chinese by either banning or adding huge sectoral import duties to Chinese imports.

Which will work fine...for about three weeks until US citizens are unable to obtain:

- TV's
- Shoes
- Phones
- The million and one other things china produces

at the prices they currently enjoy. I think it would become pretty obvious as to who was holding who to ransom in that scenario. Not to mention the vast swathes of American (and UK for that matter) infrastructure that is owned by the Chinese. Rather than a war, I think the next 30yrs or so will simply see a shift in the dominant superpowers with USA in decline and China firmly in the ascendancy.

On the WW2 point, surely its arguable that the extreme levels of sanctions put in place by the allies after WW1 played a part in fostering the huge levels of resentment in Germany that allowed the Nazi party (Godwin's Law in action  :y) to come dominant and ultimately lead to WW2? Advocating doing the same thing again is surely the wrong course of action.

The Sheriff

« Reply #11 on: 18 June 2015, 13:27:27 »

China also owns most of the USA's national debt. It's been buying treasuries for years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 22 queries.