Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Exhausts  (Read 3217 times)

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Exhausts
« on: 17 June 2015, 22:34:12 »

It is said on here that you can fit the centre and rear box (single system ) 2.0 ltr preface lift omega to a face lift 2.2 omega (twin centre box ) thus having a single centre box instead of a double centre boxes....yep single is cheaper but would it be detrimental to the running of the car in any way,,,as we all know vauxhall like other vehicle makers spend millions on designing these things but is it worth it in the end just to save a few quid  :-\ :-\

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Exhausts
« Reply #1 on: 17 June 2015, 22:53:54 »

Have been told on here that it makes no difference but can,t say it from experience because i havn,t had to do it yet :D But, when the time comes, i will.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 June 2015, 23:43:07 »

I've run a single cat back system on my 2.2 for years now, think since 2011?

It's eternal, it's silent! Has no affect on running or performance  :y

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 June 2015, 23:51:06 »

It is said on here that you can fit the centre and rear box (single system ) 2.0 ltr preface lift omega to a face lift 2.2 omega (twin centre box ) thus having a single centre box instead of a double centre boxes....yep single is cheaper but would it be detrimental to the running of the car in any way,,,as we all know vauxhall like other vehicle makers spend millions on designing these things but is it worth it in the end just to save a few quid  :-\ :-\

I stuck with twin on mine - just like it original and the cost difference is small  :y
2.2 CDX Estate (broken), 2.5 CD Salon, 2.5 CD Estate LPG

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 June 2015, 23:55:12 »

I stuck with twin on mine - just like it original and the cost difference is small  :y

How much was your system cat back?

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 June 2015, 11:39:26 »

Eternal price for 2.2 saloon bearing in mind i can only see that they show 3 separate parts from cat back and not a complete system all in one  postage charge.(and i stand corrected if you find it ).....all separate parts carry a postage charge of £11-00 per unit.total postage £33-00...plus parts at £77-1 makes a grand total of £110-12 delivered.........the single box system (2.0 ltr ) consists of 2 pieces is £49.99 plus £14-00 postage totals up to £63.99........So because i am clever  ;D ;D that makes a difference of. ::) ::)...£46-13p....not to be sneezed at and that would go towards a service for the old gal.....So going by what has been said on here that the single system works just as well then why not save a few bob and be happy with the results.. :D :y

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 June 2015, 11:39:59 »

Cheers,once again Tunnie, :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 June 2015, 11:43:44 »

Eternal price for 2.2 saloon bearing in mind i can only see that they show 3 separate parts from cat back and not a complete system all in one  postage charge.(and i stand corrected if you find it ).....all separate parts carry a postage charge of £11-00 per unit.total postage £33-00...plus parts at £77-1 makes a grand total of £110-12 delivered.........the single box system (2.0 ltr ) consists of 2 pieces is £49.99 plus £14-00 postage totals up to £63.99........So because i am clever  ;D ;D that makes a difference of. ::) ::)...£46-13p....not to be sneezed at and that would go towards a service for the old gal.....So going by what has been said on here that the single system works just as well then why not save a few bob and be happy with the results.. :D :y

Yes it's a good saving, I mean £65 for an whole exhaust? It's a bloody brilliant!  :y

Kwikshit would want about £250-£350 easy!

Also saves faffing around with twin centre sections, so fitting is a lot easier too.

General advice is to get a better fitting kit though, the Eternal ones are not that great.

Having said that, I used ones supplied, still good 4 years and 40k later  :)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 June 2015, 13:55:59 »

It is said on here that you can fit the centre and rear box (single system ) 2.0 ltr preface lift omega to a face lift 2.2 omega (twin centre box ) thus having a single centre box instead of a double centre boxes...

Does this stand for both saloon and estate? Also, is there a difference between the exhaust systems (saloon vs estate that is)?

Cheers

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 June 2015, 14:26:12 »

It is said on here that you can fit the centre and rear box (single system ) 2.0 ltr preface lift omega to a face lift 2.2 omega (twin centre box ) thus having a single centre box instead of a double centre boxes...

Does this stand for both saloon and estate? Also, is there a difference between the exhaust systems (saloon vs estate that is)?

Cheers

Yes. Applies to saloon and Estate

Yes. Saloon and Estate mid sections are different between the centre and rear box

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 June 2015, 14:59:48 »

How much was your system cat back?

£88

Steve

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 18 June 2015, 20:53:42 »

At £88 pound what make was your system....what length of warranty goes with it....and where did you buy it from...cheers  :y

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18 June 2015, 21:19:23 »

I'd personally still fit a single system, easier to fit, less to fail. I had issues with cheaper twin sections on my dad's 2.2. The centre boxes were too close and could vibrate/hit.

steve6367

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18 June 2015, 21:21:42 »

I'd personally still fit a single system, easier to fit, less to fail. I had issues with cheaper twin sections on my dad's 2.2. The centre boxes were too close and could vibrate/hit.

Quality not an issues with the linked ones - proper clamshell and fit really well  :y Fitting kit is not fantastic, but I think that is true of all the Polish exhausts!

I'm sure the single is fine too, just offering options if people want the twin (like me)  :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.