Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.2 Sounding rough for a bit, fine after few mins ?????  (Read 2916 times)

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile
Re: 2.2 Sounding rough for a bit, fine after few mins ?????
« Reply #15 on: 26 June 2015, 11:50:07 »

Thank you all for sound advice  :y

Will check her out Saturday give breathers clean and check manifold.  Any guide on OFF for breathers on 2.2 (as mine is the V6  :y)

Hopefully I shall have her running sweet for when my dad gets out of hospital :y, but he won't be out for 3+ week at least  :'(.

I shall enjoy the vast vacant and unused space under the bonnet then Saturday when working on his car due to the 2 missing Cylinders  8).

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #16 on: 26 June 2015, 22:40:34 »

Will check her out Saturday give breathers clean and check manifold.  Any guide on OFF for breathers on 2.2 (as mine is the V6  :y)

Hopefully I shall have her running sweet for when my dad gets out of hospital :y, but he won't be out for 3+ week at least  :'(.

I shall enjoy the vast vacant and unused space under the bonnet then Saturday when working on his car due to the 2 missing Cylinders  8).

http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90528.0 there you go
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch

DrAndyB

• Neston / Cheshire
    • 2.5 V6 CDX Manual (MFL)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 June 2015, 23:57:03 »

Cheers.  Need torx socket :(  any idea what size ?  Throttle body on inspection is grubby and black and oiley under butterfly.

SIR Philbutt

• Omega Knight
  • Rochdale - Manchester
  • It will soon be Christmas ...
    • 03 2.2 CDX LPG estate
    • View Profile
    • PJB Home Services
« Reply #18 on: 28 June 2015, 12:31:52 »

Cheers.  Need torx socket :(  any idea what size ?  Throttle body on inspection is grubby and black and oiley under butterfly.

Normal for gunge in throttle body, the important bit is making sure the small hole is clear and no blockage in the pipes, the rest is just good maintenance. You can do it in the car, without disconnecting the coolant pipes. Thing is all these things are good maintenance for economy and emissions and not for cold, rough running

I still would not expecting any resolution of the rough running on cold until new cam sensor and also pls note that the EGR is more influential during the warming period

Good luck
Phil
keep happy, keep safe, keep smiling, keep in touch
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.