Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Popping and juddering help!!!!  (Read 2919 times)

mka306

Re: Popping and juddering help!!!!
« Reply #15 on: 09 July 2015, 16:06:01 »

Assuming that you haven't a) topped up with diesel or b) bought some shit fuel :-\ Supermarket perchance?

If the coil pack/plug checks prove inconclusive, drain the tank, refill with Shell V power and throw in two cans of Wynns injector cleaner. Then give the car a good thrashing... aim for sub 20mpg and repeat but drive normally for the second tank :y

No I most definitely did not use any diesel, haven't owned a diesel for some years, I do use Tesco petrol station but I don't believe the £20 of fuel I put in for the first time since owning the car will cause this issue.

I have two new coil packs coming tomorrow so I will replace them and I will change the plug on no.5 just to be on the safe side but one thing my neighbour said was when I pulled away the day the miss fire happened he said the fumes smelt very rich as if it was over fuelling, what would cause over fuelling??

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09 July 2015, 16:24:37 »

Assuming that you haven't a) topped up with diesel or b) bought some shit fuel :-\ Supermarket perchance?

If the coil pack/plug checks prove inconclusive, drain the tank, refill with Shell V power and throw in two cans of Wynns injector cleaner. Then give the car a good thrashing... aim for sub 20mpg and repeat but drive normally for the second tank :y

No I most definitely did not use any diesel, haven't owned a diesel for some years, I do use Tesco petrol station but I don't believe the £20 of fuel I put in for the first time since owning the car will cause this issue.

I have two new coil packs coming tomorrow so I will replace them and I will change the plug on no.5 just to be on the safe side but one thing my neighbour said was when I pulled away the day the miss fire happened he said the fumes smelt very rich as if it was over fuelling, what would cause over fuelling??
Just swap over the 1,3,5 coil pack for now. You have no problem on the other bank... deal with the 305 code first  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #17 on: 09 July 2015, 16:44:45 »

V6 Omegas ALWAYS overfuel when cold, so don't fret that too much ;) besides, if one cylinder isn't firing properly, then there's a chance that unburnt fuel could enter the exhaust, although iirc, the ecu shuts down the relevant injector :-\

As for only buying £20 of Tesco fuel, if that was merely to top off, then in percentage terms it isn't a big deal, and should clear through quickly enough... but if it was below half a tank then potentially half your fuel could be bad, especially if it was from the dregs of their tank ::)

Why do half a job though? Change all the plugs whilst you're at it :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09 July 2015, 17:34:32 »

I would agree with this. If the car ran fine before putting the fuel in and was rough as a hedgehogs arse shortly after, then it would point to dodgy fuel to me.
I wouldn't throw new parts at the problem until this has been investigated.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

mka306

« Reply #19 on: 09 July 2015, 18:26:21 »

V6 Omegas ALWAYS overfuel when cold, so don't fret that too much ;) besides, if one cylinder isn't firing properly, then there's a chance that unburnt fuel could enter the exhaust, although iirc, the ecu shuts down the relevant injector :-\

As for only buying £20 of Tesco fuel, if that was merely to top off, then in percentage terms it isn't a big deal, and should clear through quickly enough... but if it was below half a tank then potentially half your fuel could be bad, especially if it was from the dregs of their tank ::)

Why do half a job though? Change all the plugs whilst you're at it :y

I'm only replacing plug 5 because there all brand new plugs, I changed them about a month ago and haven't driven on the new plugs until yesterday. I will fill the tank with shell v power as adviced and hopefully the issue will be resolved.

So far all your help has been great so what ever happens I'd just like to say a big thank you to you all for the useful info. I will update you all tomorrow hopefully with good news.

mka306

« Reply #20 on: 10 July 2015, 11:55:49 »

Ok the engine is back together with both coil packs replaced and the no.5 spark plug replaced, started her up and job done, that lovely v6 roar is back. So thank you all for your help it was priceless.

Then I took her out for a spin and one thing I did notice which was a tad annoying was when I was driving at 30mph the revs wouldn't sit still, they kept pulsing from just over 1k rpm up to 1500 rpm, any ideas why it does this or is it an automatic thing? When driving through the gear it was no problem but when in a gear and driving at a set speed it started to happen, I did give her a good blast and that didn't seem to work either??

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 July 2015, 12:07:22 »

Yup, mine stinks of petrol at first, to the point I thought I had a fuel leak, but no.

Odd engine behaviour though. I had a similar occurrence, and it was down to a bad seal between Throttle body and the plenum, and a badly adjusted throttle body screw. There was also a small air leak elsewhere. Lots of engine work had happened on mine, which was then laid up for a period of years, so my wavering idle and roughness was down to multiple issues (plus poor coilpack wiring, which was causing misfiring)

Given you've done a fair bit of work yourself, which presumably includes plenum removal, I'd be looking for air leaks.  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

mka306

« Reply #22 on: 10 July 2015, 13:09:14 »

Yup, mine stinks of petrol at first, to the point I thought I had a fuel leak, but no.

Odd engine behaviour though. I had a similar occurrence, and it was down to a bad seal between Throttle body and the plenum, and a badly adjusted throttle body screw. There was also a small air leak elsewhere. Lots of engine work had happened on mine, which was then laid up for a period of years, so my wavering idle and roughness was down to multiple issues (plus poor coilpack wiring, which was causing misfiring)

Given you've done a fair bit of work yourself, which presumably includes plenum removal, I'd be looking for air leaks.  :)

Sounds reasonable to me, I shall have a look for any air leaks.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.