Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Non fault accident  (Read 2451 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Non fault accident
« on: 16 July 2015, 22:50:26 »

Not me, mother. In Tesco  petrol station 10 days or so ago and some dosey tart in a 4x4 reversed into her not once, but twice!! Written off the vehicle 15 yr old 306 estate.

Here's the issue... Her insurance company (Tesco) had to be informed to get them to recover it but acted so quickly they had inspected and declared it a Cat B(!) within 2 working days. They have decided that 143k is high mileage and reduced value by £68 and knocked her for pre accident condition. LV (other party) are now refusing to make an offer because Tesco have (incorrectly) declared it Cat B. So... She ends up with an offer that fails to put her into the position she was in pre-accident  >:(

OK... She made a mistake... I told her not to let them take the car anywhere other than home but the long and the short is that we have had to accept an insulting offer as an interim payment and lodge a complaint with the FOS because Tesco were TOO Efficient in valuing the vehicle!

Frustrating thing, and I've argued this with Tesco, is that the engineer is wrong... It should be Cat C, not B. We have an old car, different shade of blue but otherwise identical, with a knackered engine (or was it gearbox?) so I could have repaired the damage (Bonnet, slam, wings, Rad, headlamps and possibly bumper) with minimal outlay (some coolant and possibly some fixings) but because the Tesco engineer categorised it incorrectly she is now stuck with no car and a payout of less than half the market value of the vehicle due to his "expert assessment"!!

Rant over... Just gotta deal with FOS for her now ::)

Should add, I've been dealing from 2 days later and have informed both companies that they have tried to bully and take advantage of a woman in her 60's >:(
« Last Edit: 16 July 2015, 22:52:32 by Lazydocker »
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
Re: Non fault accident
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2015, 23:16:28 »

Sorry mate, and you have already accepted it was your Mother at fault here, but Tesco Insurance should not have had anything to do with this other than to deal with LV.  LV should have arranged the transport of the vehicle to wherever your Mother (the owner) decided).  What the hell did Tesco think they were doing by assesing the damage?  :o

My insurance is up for renewal soon - I'll be sure to steer well clear of Tesco.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

05omegav6

« Reply #2 on: 17 July 2015, 01:10:06 »

I wouldn't be too quick to recommend Lv either after they sold my details >:(

Anywhoo, as frustrating as it is, it's only a car, and no lasting harm done...

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 July 2015, 07:42:30 »

Sorry mate, and you have already accepted it was your Mother at fault here, but Tesco Insurance should not have had anything to do with this other than to deal with LV.  LV should have arranged the transport of the vehicle to wherever your Mother (the owner) decided).  What the hell did Tesco think they were doing by assesing the damage?  :o

My insurance is up for renewal soon - I'll be sure to steer well clear of Tesco.

She wasn't really at fault... She had to report it as an accident to get it recovered as her breakdown cover didn't cover post accident recovery.  It was a Saturday lunch time so it had to be moved off of the forecourt. Tesco just worked efficiently. Seems wrong to be lodging a complaint against them for being too efficient!! In hindsight she should have just left it in the middle of the forecourt blocking the pumps until LV got in touch 3 days later... I'm sure they would have reimbursed Tesco the £4000/hour that they value their pumps at :o ::)

Anywhoo... I'm sure the FOS will agree that the vehicle has been undervalued and wrongly categorised and award in her favour, just a PITA to have to deal with it
« Last Edit: 17 July 2015, 07:49:47 by Lazydocker »

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 July 2015, 07:47:16 »

Indeed... Fortunately no serious injuries, although the elderly lady who was in the car with mum has not been right and had a couple of trips to hospital since. Nothing we can put a finger on but very out of sorts. Mum has been a lot more shaken than she realised too it seems.  But then it's not that surprising... Imaging sitting at the pumps with your keys in your hand and having a 4x4 reverse up, hit you once, then pull forward and have another go at speed!! Over £3k of damage in a petrol station? Daft mare >:( >:(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 July 2015, 09:43:04 »

Indeed... Fortunately no serious injuries, although the elderly lady who was in the car with mum has not been right and had a couple of trips to hospital since. Nothing we can put a finger on but very out of sorts. Mum has been a lot more shaken than she realised too it seems.  But then it's not that surprising... Imaging sitting at the pumps with your keys in your hand and having a 4x4 reverse up, hit you once, then pull forward and have another go at speed!! Over £3k of damage in a petrol station? Daft mare >:( >:(

They walk among us. Actually, it's worse than that. They drive among us. :(

I wish your mum and the other lady all the best in recovering from the ordeal. That's more important than the metal, as said. I'd be rather livid if an insurance company did that to me, though. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 July 2015, 13:03:34 »

[Tin foil hat on] I'm sure there's a scam among insurers and write offs. [tin foil hat off]

Are Tescon part of direct line group of companies? Along with the other parties insurers per chance...?

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 July 2015, 20:13:57 »

[Tin foil hat on] I'm sure there's a scam among insurers and write offs. [tin foil hat off]

Are Tescon part of direct line group of companies? Along with the other parties insurers per chance...?
There is a scam of sorts.
Insurers own the accident management company's, they also,control the prices paid to body shops, its all about profits, also check who your insurers are,as most of the sellers are selling the big companies policy,, agees,pru etc.
Its a cartel or old boys club.
Hoof'land storeman.

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 July 2015, 23:55:19 »

There is a scam of sorts.
Insurers own the accident management company's, they also,control the prices paid to body shops, its all about profits, also check who your insurers are,as most of the sellers are selling the big companies policy,, agees,pru etc.
Its a cartel or old boys club.

Yep. Fully encountered among the fiasco of a claim surrounding an argument with a Range Rover.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18 July 2015, 10:45:52 »

My first thought but actually different companies. Tesco used to be underwritten by DL Group but appear to have moved on.

The FOS will be involved now and I'm certain they will rule in our favour. Just a pain to deal with.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18 July 2015, 20:17:25 »

When my last Senator was written off a few years ago it was insured-through Swinton-by a company called Towergate,this it transpired is one of the names used by Aviva.The other driver-whos fault the accident was-was insured by Aviva>So basically they finished up fighting themselves with regards to any payout :o

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 July 2015, 09:54:41 »

What was the other driver's explanation for hitting the same car twice? This has baffled me
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 July 2015, 10:14:46 »

What was the other driver's explanation for hitting the same car twice? This has baffled me

I've not even bothered asking... Strangely enough they have admitted full liability ::)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21 July 2015, 17:50:42 »

Slight update on this... Tesco initially offered £312 and refused to budge. LV looked at the same "Emgineers" report (in the loosest possible term, he didn't even attempt to open the bonnet!) and valued it at £525... £25 more than I was actually trying to get!!

Anyways... No need to deal with FOS now, just got to find her a replacement
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.