Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: BT Customers.......  (Read 3181 times)

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
BT Customers.......
« on: 27 July 2015, 09:48:31 »

...I had an email over the weekend, the line rental is going up £1 per month. This means the early exit clause is active.

I have just phoned them and after a 10 minute wait, they just didn't seem to care. They confirmed 30 days for me to move away, NOT the 14 days the email suggests TUT TUT BT.

FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: BT Customers.......
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2015, 10:34:51 »

A very complacent company BT, always have been, the sooner they relies theres other completion out there the better, how long has it been now since they lost the monopoly.  ::)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2015, 18:03:21 »

The problem BT has is regulation.  I'm sure BT would love to be able to offer phone line deals in the same way as the likes of Sky and the Whorehouse. But that wonderful idea of a regulator in this case stifles any decent competition, and prevents lower prices for consumers. Sadly.

I also suspect, right now, BT is busy trying to increase effective competition, to reduce its monopolistic hold, so the regulator allows certain things to happen in the next 9 months ;)
Grumpy old man

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2015, 18:12:06 »

All noise seems to point that way, or should I say the noise Iam hearing is to try and make it appear that other companies have enough of a competitive edge for BT to be split in two. The spin being peddled onthe R4 show (money show I think) last week was hilarious!  ;D

In the end the only way we will get a full and fair market is for this to happen  The BTs CEO can stop whinging about other companies not spending tax-payer funded grants investing in the infrastructure.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 July 2015, 18:22:34 »

In the end the only way we will get a full and fair market is for this to happen  The BTs CEO can stop whinging about other companies not spending tax-payer funded grants investing in the infrastructure.
I fear the opposite. Would Openreach rest on their laurels without BT Retail (via the head honcho) snapping at their heals?

We enjoy the best and cheapest broadband in Europe, and there is absolutely nobody else to effectively challenge OR.  Its doubtful if we'd get BT's tweaked version of g.fast in a hurry (in fact, probably just bog standard g.fast at best), and 1Gbps will (relatively) soon be available to anyone that wants it.

I should add, I am not a BT customer, but both phone and broadband run over OR products.
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2015, 19:31:46 »

Be careful of what you wish for.

Looking back we had BT broken up because it was a monopoly. Now they are fighting back and hey "we" the people want them broken up. Why? so Sky can become even more dominant and then ramp the prices up.? Buy shares in Sky..

Personally I think BT has done pretty well with its hands tied year after year. I am trying to Skype someone on copper broadband in Perth Australia. They have a couple of Meg down and about 30k up. Ha.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2015, 21:18:45 »

...I had an email over the weekend, the line rental is going up £1 per month. This means the early exit clause is active.

I have just phoned them and after a 10 minute wait, they just didn't seem to care. They confirmed 30 days for me to move away, NOT the 14 days the email suggests TUT TUT BT.

I wasn't 100% sure it was a genuine email, get a lot of dodgy emails purporting to be from BT, as I was not named in it. As it did not ask for any details, and having seen this on here I am guessing it was genuine............ :)

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 July 2015, 21:31:15 »

Also Plus Net who are part of B.T,   are increasing their line rental  to £16.95 a month and 24/7 calls from £5 to £6 per month,,,again 30 day opt out applies........Its a well known fact that the increase is because B.T..have bought the television rights for the top notch foot ball matches (which i do not watch ).....on B.T sport......All those who have B.T,sport are very happy about that,,,but come on wake up..you are paying for it  ??? ???

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 July 2015, 08:35:34 »

I fear the opposite. Would Openreach rest on their laurels without BT Retail (via the head honcho) snapping at their heals?

That's why a full and complete break would be the only option.  Enforced, of course, by OFCOM..... oh wait.... ::)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 July 2015, 09:18:29 »

That's why a full and complete break would be the only option.  Enforced, of course, by OFCOM..... oh wait.... ::)

OFCOM actually DO something? ...
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 July 2015, 13:54:48 »

OFCOM actually DO something? ...

Only if you are a small business without the means to fight back :-X

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 July 2015, 14:38:32 »

Its a well known fact that the increase is because B.T..have bought the television rights for the top notch foot ball matches
Is it?  I know suspect that is pure speculation ;)
Grumpy old man

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 July 2015, 14:43:22 »

Also Plus Net who are part of B.T,   are increasing their line rental  to £16.95 a month and 24/7 calls from £5 to £6 per month,,,again 30 day opt out applies........Its a well known fact that the increase is because B.T..have bought the television rights for the top notch foot ball matches (which i do not watch ).....on B.T sport......All those who have B.T,sport are very happy about that,,,but come on wake up..you are paying for it  ??? ???
If you took BT Sports as a free add-on to your package, then you are paying for it NOW! I had an email a month ago saying they were introducing charges for BT Sports £5.99 I think and I had OPT OUT. I raised a complaint about that, but it fell on death ears (irony).

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 July 2015, 15:10:21 »

If you took BT Sports as a free add-on to your package, then you are paying for it NOW! I had an email a month ago saying they were introducing charges for BT Sports £5.99 I think and I had OPT OUT. I raised a complaint about that, but it fell on death ears (irony).

BT , in keeping with many other top notch firms, employ very good marketing guys. They rely on inertia and tie ins to keep customers. No doubt it was in the small print when you , in this case, took on the free BT Sports. They would argue it is such a good product that they would be surprised if anyone was bothered about paying £6 a month.

I smile about all the cheap broadband offers. 300nano bytes only £8 month and then buried in the small print is 2 year contract and second year is a much higher fee. Excellent marks for the Marketing guys.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 July 2015, 15:19:32 »

I turned around to the guy on the phone and said, "If I write you a letter saying that if you do not reply within 7 days you owe me a million pounds. What would the chances of me getting that million pounds from you? So why are you doing this to your customers?"
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 17 queries.