Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plane Crash At Carfest  (Read 962 times)

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
Re: Plane Crash At Carfest
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2015, 15:39:25 »

Very sad news :(
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

LFF64

• Omega Knight
  • HADDENHAM BUCKS
    • 64 insignia CT Nav 4x4
    • View Profile
Re: Plane Crash At Carfest
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2015, 13:46:22 »

We were there  :y
We were actually back at the tent watching the display in the distance so didn't see it go down but the police helicopter was up pretty quick and hoovering over the crash site for ages then the news that the plane had gone down started filtering through
Later in the evening Chris Evans broke the news that the the pilot hadn't made it
I know there are a few on here that don't rate Chris that well but he was clearly very emotional when he broke the news to the audience so I feel he handled it very well the rest of Saturday evening carried on with a slightly sombre mood among the shocked audience
Yesterday evening started with more announcements from the organisers including Chris also Oulton parks flight director followed by a minutes silence across the complete site ( it was total and very moving ) later in the evening some guy called Damien ( I missed his surname) ( he used to be in Les miserables ) sang BRING HIM HOME a capella in front of a totally silent audience it was truly amazing and very moving as he dedicated the song to Kevin ( the pilot) I must admit to a tear or too during this among a few thousand other people looking at the big screens
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 17 queries.