Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The migrant / refugee crisis.  (Read 4280 times)

2boxerdogs

Re: The migrant / refugee crisis.
« Reply #15 on: 08 September 2015, 17:33:19 »

Don't think that there is a right or wrong answer to this awful situation, I just thank God that my grandchildren are safe well fed & clothed .That terrible picture of that 3 year old child still haunts me washed up on the beach like rubbish .

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 September 2015, 17:41:49 »

Why is this UK, Germany and Europe's problem, what's with the rest of the World, US, Russia, Asia etc, and what's wrong with the cash rich Arab Nations and please don't tell me its because of Religion.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 September 2015, 18:06:53 »

Don't think that there is a right or wrong answer to this awful situation, I just thank God that my grandchildren are safe well fed & clothed .That terrible picture of that 3 year old child still haunts me washed up on the beach like rubbish .

I agree, it was a haunting image,and demonstrated that a picture can say more than a thousand words. Perhaps that is why that particular death received so much more publicity than the 72 people who died in the back of a lorry a few days previously.
Tragic though it was, I don't see the death of the 3 year old as having much connection the "crisis".
The family had fled from Syria (in fear of their lives, according to the father) to Turkey a year ago. Turkey is  recognised safe country, so they weren't in any danger.
They wanted to get to Canada though, to join family members there and the Turkish authorities weren't being particularily helpful, so the father decided to take them in a rickety boat in the dead of night across the sea to Greece.
It was a mad thing to do with a couple of young kids, and the responsibilty for what happened is his and his alone.
I read one report which said the father survived because he had a life jacket. If lifejackets are available they are given to the men, but women and children dont get them. I have no idea if that is true or not.                                                                                              He returned to Syria with the bodies of his wife and children to bury them there, which makes me wonder a little , if the danger to them was as acute s he claimed ?
« Last Edit: 08 September 2015, 18:09:28 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

05omegav6

« Reply #18 on: 08 September 2015, 18:31:42 »

Well asked.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08 September 2015, 18:34:42 »

Why is this UK, Germany and Europe's problem, what's with the rest of the World, US, Russia, Asia etc, and what's wrong with the cash rich Arab Nations and please don't tell me its because of Religion.

Absolutely spot on. I have been saying (not on this forum) where is the Arab league in all of this?. How many have the Saudis taken for example?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08 September 2015, 20:04:37 »

councils in the uk cannot provide enough housing for those that are seeking accommodation so it beats me to think where they all will live. Germany have at least got vast numbers of vacant tower blocks that the Russians built to house the east European work force. I wonder how the greek islands are coping with the thousands that have landed on their shores. I think it,s a bad situation all round, and as long as isis exists it will not change

SteveAvfc.

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • Mv6 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 September 2015, 20:11:57 »

Cant help but thinking how about housing them in Poland?? as most of Poland is here. ::)
If you work and do your best you get the sack just like the rest.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08 September 2015, 20:31:22 »

Russia is too busy supporting Assad as their good guys and ISIS as everybody's bad guys. This then discredits all the opposition groups including the Western backed parts so the Assad/Russian/Iranian solution prevails and they are in the driving seat for controlling much of the Middle Eastern oil and gas. He presto, we will be back to expensive oil and gas and the Russian economy will be out of the current deep proverbial brown stuff. Obummers breaklessness and FP stupidity has given Putin a free run on this to date, but where Assad is still losing, Russia is now very much hands on with a big military build up that started around the 12 August and is ongoing. This has included IL76 military supply flights over Greece (Syriza have their uses), which the US have just asked Greece to stop.

Russia also need a geopolitical way back from their Ukraine disaster and sanctions which is why they are pushing for an anti-terrorist alliance where they are the key part of the 'solution'. Russia also wants the refugees in Western Europe as this helps support the far left and right political parties that they sponsor  like Le Pen's NF in France and will also give them new geopolitical opportunities through them sponsoring Western European Islamic terrorist groups.

This Assad / ISIS is a classic Russian style deception operation that has worked many times for them over the last 125 years or so. When it comes to two-faced deception they are the best at this, but do at times come unstuck, normally through a combination of overconfidence, incompetence and believing their own hype.

https://kyleorton1991.wordpress.com/2015/09/08/how-russia-manipulates-islamic-terrorism/

There is plenty of information on what is going on in many conflicts, that you will never see in the MSM. If you know how to look and where to look it is out there. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08 September 2015, 20:33:15 »

Cant help but thinking how about housing them in Poland?? as most of Poland is here. ::)

Poland has agreed to take 80,000 so only 620,000 to go cover the 700,000 Poles that have moved to the UK. ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08 September 2015, 21:14:47 »

Don't forget there is an element of aging population in all this. Huge pension bills to pay. The West needs more young workers. Despite pretending to not want more migrants the governments (including the UK) welcome them . Skilled or unskilled. It matters not.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08 September 2015, 21:42:07 »

Germany see this as a way to get more skilled workers in the long term, as there is a skills shortage across the board there. It's the same here, they could really boost UK work force.

Last time we recruited there was a huge lack of English-born people with the right experience, hence our team currently consists of: French, Spanish, Iranian, Indian, Lithuanian, Chinese. We currently only have 1 English-born developer!

Sadly too many people see them as money grabbing benefit cheats, when all they want is a fresh start in a safe country to work in.

Quite shocked to read some comments about them staying to fight  :o

Yeah right.... :o

http://www.channel4.com/news/syria-aleppo-destruction-damage-historic-before-after-slider

Should be giving them all support we can

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 08 September 2015, 22:15:08 »

Do you mean the body of the child that was washed up on the beach and who's father had been working in Turkey perfectly legally for the last 2 years complete with work permit ?
The same vile bastard who has a relation in Canada and failed to gain a visa for himself and his family even though the family member offered to sponsor him so he handed over the cash to people smugglers so that he could force the nations of Europe's hands and get a friggin passport for him AND his family ?

Imho, that piece of shit should be hung by his gonads until dead then flushed back into the sea  >:( >:( 

The lesson for today is ................. Don't believe everything you read / see in the media  :)

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08 September 2015, 22:26:01 »

Everything needs a little perspective.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/09/08/the-5-awkward-questions-they-wont-answer-about-the-drowned-boy-syria-and-our-moral-duty/

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08 September 2015, 22:35:22 »

Germany see this as a way to get more skilled workers in the long term, as there is a skills shortage across the board there. It's the same here, they could really boost UK work force.

Last time we recruited there was a huge lack of English-born people with the right experience, hence our team currently consists of: French, Spanish, Iranian, Indian, Lithuanian, Chinese. We currently only have 1 English-born developer!

Sadly too many people see them as money grabbing benefit cheats, when all they want is a fresh start in a safe country to work in.

Quite shocked to read some comments about them staying to fight  :o

Yeah right.... :o

http://www.channel4.com/news/syria-aleppo-destruction-damage-historic-before-after-slider

Should be giving them all support we can

Sorry but we are a tiny island and are over populated as it is  :(
30 years ago, i'd have said yes IF they came over here, adopted the English language, customs and respected the law of the land but not anymore.
Great Britain just hasn't the infrastructure to keep accepting these people even though in this case, it was the Uk and Frances actions (on behalf of the good old US of A)  in Libya that finally broke the camels back so to speak and sent the buggers flooding over here  :
Impose total control on all immigration imho.

Don't get me wrong here .....................

The west has only its self to blame for this problem and I don't blame these people one bit for trying to build a new life for themselves over here.
At the end of the day, we in the so called civilised west should understand that the Middle East / Northern Africa just doesn't "do" democracy and we should stop sticking our friggin noses in other countries affairs and stop trying to impose our ways on them.

Kate

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • Drives people mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 08 September 2015, 22:38:38 »

I think we should take as many of them as possible. :y

I would make them all live in Sunderland if it was up to me.

They would be begging to go back home. ;D

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 18 queries.