Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 1st October new law....  (Read 8625 times)

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
1st October new law....
« on: 21 September 2015, 08:36:16 »

So from 1st October, if there is an under 18 present in the vehicle you are not allowed to smoke - its actually illegal...

For once, something the government has done and I actually fully agree with....

The only others Iv agreed with is the non smoking policy in works and pubs/clubs...

I am a non smoker - I used to smoke - I gave up nearly 11 years ago when my lad was born, ever since I have become very antismoking.... It stinks, the people who smoke stink, they pollute my air etc...

Its easy to say 'just stop'.... it isn't that easy to just stop... I used the patches to stop and hell of a lot of willpower, you also need to be in the correct state of mind to stop smoking....
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: 1st October new law....
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2015, 08:38:03 »

Great idea, but how can they to enforce it?  :-\

Bit like mobile phones and driving, it's against the law but see countless drivers doing it.  :(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2015, 09:12:17 »

I am a non smoker - I used to smoke - I gave up nearly 11 years ago when my lad was born, ever since I have become very antismoking.... It stinks, the people who smoke stink, they pollute my air etc.....

If you know how difficult it is to stop, why be so anti-smoking? :-?

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 September 2015, 09:26:13 »

I am a non smoker - I used to smoke - I gave up nearly 11 years ago when my lad was born, ever since I have become very antismoking.... It stinks, the people who smoke stink, they pollute my air etc.....

If you know how difficult it is to stop, why be so anti-smoking? :-?

Ex smokers are always the biggest anti-smokers,that being said I gave up but don't mind others around me smoking ;)
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 September 2015, 09:30:55 »

In other news, there will be 100 new traffic policeman appearing from a magic box under the desk in every RPU office ..

Good idea in theory, but with no one to enforce it, you may as well make it illegal to think about cheese while driving. Or scratch your nose while walking.
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 September 2015, 09:53:28 »

Yes, it's just a shame that the only motoring laws that seem to be enforced these days relate to speeding (past a camera). >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #6 on: 21 September 2015, 09:55:40 »

Yes, it's just a shame that the only motoring laws that seem to be enforced these days relate to speeding (past a camera). >:(

Speed kills, remember (everything else is clearly just a nuisance).. Which reminds me that I saw a car with reg. "G4TSO" the other day; presume he's been caught one too many times!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 September 2015, 10:21:48 »

Speed kills, remember (everything else is clearly just a nuisance).. Which reminds me that I saw a car with reg. "G4TSO" the other day; presume he's been caught one too many times!

.. Or he's one of those radio amateur geeks. ::)   :-X
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 September 2015, 10:32:51 »

It's a good thing in my opinion.  :y

It might not be particularly enforceable, but it will raise awareness and hopefully help educate those who insist on inflicting the results of their nasty habit on others! Especially young children.  :y

Incidentally, in a sign of changing times, I was at a party on Saturday night where they had a marquee in the garden, but as it was a dry fine night most were outside on the patio and almost no one was smoking.  :y  There were one or two having a sneaky fag down the side alley like naughty kids, but as there were probably over 100 people there, they were a small minority!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

aaronjb

« Reply #9 on: 21 September 2015, 11:02:36 »

He, erm (no offence here, Kevin) didn't look nearly nerdy enough for that .. and his other half looked like a model..  :P ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 September 2015, 11:39:59 »

Great idea, but how can they to enforce it?  :-\

Bit like mobile phones and driving, it's against the law but see countless drivers doing it.  :(

I agree. It is a law that is virtually unenforceable. The rozzers will probably catch one person in a hundred. :-\

For the record I gave up smoking in 1980. Last packet of fags being 20 Gold Leaf priced at 51p.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21 September 2015, 13:16:55 »

He, erm (no offence here, Kevin) didn't look nearly nerdy enough for that .. and his other half looked like a model..  :P ;D

Hang on... Looked like a model, or was a model, inflatable, fully working and with internet connectivity? ::)

aaronjb

« Reply #12 on: 21 September 2015, 13:32:12 »

Hang on... Looked like a model, or was a model, inflatable, fully working and with internet connectivity? ::)

Whatever you HAM radio types like to get up to!  ;)

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #13 on: 21 September 2015, 14:26:39 »

In other news, there will be 100 new traffic policeman appearing from a magic box under the desk in every RPU office ..

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quite the opposite in reality, I might not have a traffic post come October!!!!

So from 1st October, if there is an under 18 present in the vehicle you are not allowed to smoke - its actually illegal..

I'm saying nothin!!!!!! 

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21 September 2015, 16:15:22 »

So from 1st October, if there is an under 18 present in the vehicle you are not allowed to smoke - its actually illegal...
Illegal for whom, the driver? So one can assume that if the "under 18" is smoking it`s legal?
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 17 queries.