Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How dare you eat meat !!!  (Read 12884 times)

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
Re: How dare you eat meat !!!
« Reply #45 on: 02 October 2015, 02:54:49 »

(Don't care if I get banned if it's for the benefit of the forum)

yes it defo would be :-*

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 02 October 2015, 05:43:54 »

..Becoming abusive and insulting tells me you've lost the debate and you know it, as you have no further (valid) points to make so therefore resort to abuse.

don't worry stella the pisshead keyboard warrior has previous.  this thread is the most oustanding example i have seen though.
As shit stirring goes, you can hardly comment. Half of your 'previous' is of the same ilk, even if it was in the Test Zone ::) And actually, BMs take on the posting habits of some is actually spot on.

I wait with baited breath to see what tat you're looking to shift.

In the meantime I shall off and get a nice bacon and egg bap to set the day up, thankful in the knowledge that we live in a tolerant, multifaceted society.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 02 October 2015, 09:06:08 »

As a part-time veggie/vegan (for health reasons) I can see the effects of a healthy diet more than many as my medical condition tends to amplify the effects of good/poor diet accordingly.

That said I think it wrong that the state should be saying that you can/cannot eat meat.  Restricting where you can smoke I understand because you cannot smoke in an area without affecting others around you.  I also feel that it would be dangerous for some people especially anaemics whose health would suffer massively if they could not munch on a steak.

It is much like your personal beliefs, they are fine to have and even defend, but it is up to others to believe what they want to believe.  Once people understand this basic fact I think we would all get on better.  I have many friends, some extremely close, who have beliefs and stances which are fundamentally the opposite to my own.  I judge them on how nice a person they are and whether they would be there for me in a crisis.

korum

• Derby
    • 2003 3.2 Irmscher MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 02 October 2015, 09:22:51 »

Oh dear....I must've hit the nail right on the head to evoke some of these responses! Hmmm, people don't like the truth, clearly. As for sanctimonious, I think not. I live by certain rules that I have set myself, which clearly upsets and/or threatens others, who perhaps don't have the strength of character or willpower to do the same, and put immediate satisfaction, which generally comes in the form of physical pleasure, above a virtuous lifestyle. Instinct over enlightenment and awareness.

Becoming abusive and insulting tells me you've lost the debate and you know it, as you have no further (valid) points to make so therefore resort to abuse.

As for irony!!! These replies have reinforced my statements; inane, idiotic and ignorant, and generally indicative of the lower socio-economic groups as said. Surely an educated, intelligent person would listen to a range of views and offer constructive criticism, challenging some and supporting others, in a positive way? Above all, perhaps they would accept diversity and agree to disagree whilst still respecting the other parties' and their views. That, unsurprisingly, hasn't happened here, which is what I referred to in my first post.

No doubt you might try and turn it around and say I'm being insulting and stereotypical which is what 'korum' alluded to. Analysis and observation of social stratification isn't abusive at all, nor is it shit BM. Everybody needs to know their place. Also BM, thank you, but there is no need to salute me....that is the hand gesture you're talking about right? You wouldn't be in sight of me, as I wouldn't be seen in some of the places you go, I have class after all!

The responses here have supported my assertions that non vegetarians and non vegans are the most intolerant. It's puzzling that non vegans judge me for being a vegan (and become abusive as seen) and generally have a negative attitude towards me because of it, without knowing why I am vegan! That is the height of ignorance!

sanctimonious - making a show of being morally superior to other people.   

Sorry but you come across as if your decision to be a vegan makes you somehow better then everyone else, see the connection? It also sounds like you're a religious nutter spouting about virtuous lifestyle and enlightenment and awareness.

Lost the debate due to throwing insults? now that is ironic seeing how you're also throwing insults at people.

I didn't allude to anything I stated a FACT that you are being stereotypical and insulting and then have the audacity to say that other people are being stereotypical and insulting, that is hypocritical and no one likes a hypocrite.

You didn't use Analysis and observation of social stratification, you used social stratification as a means to insult people.

No one has a negative attitude towards you because you're a vegan it's because you come across as a sanctimonious fool.

Oh and please do share your reasons for being a vegan and bring enlightenment to us all.

SteveAvfc.

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • Mv6 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 02 October 2015, 19:07:13 »

Quack Quack. Mad cow disease found in Wales, time to bring back the Horse Burgers.  ;D ;D

If you work and do your best you get the sack just like the rest.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 02 October 2015, 19:17:29 »

There's a lot of mad cow's in Wales!  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

05omegav6

« Reply #51 on: 02 October 2015, 19:30:54 »

Long weekend in Barry anyone... :D

STEMO

« Reply #52 on: 02 October 2015, 19:48:57 »

Who's Barry?

05omegav6

« Reply #53 on: 02 October 2015, 19:53:45 »

Who's Barry?
Not that Barry you numpty ::)

THIS BARRY

:D

STEMO

« Reply #54 on: 02 October 2015, 19:55:18 »

Who's Barry?
Not that Barry you numpty ::)

THIS BARRY

:D
Oh...that Barry. No thanks...give me Barry Manilow any day.  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 02 October 2015, 19:56:07 »

FFS, it really is like dealing with adolescent kids in rutting season  >:(

Right, last and final warning. You all know who you are, I don't need to spell it out.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 02 October 2015, 19:58:15 »

Just nuke the thread J  :y

STEMO

« Reply #57 on: 02 October 2015, 19:59:00 »

Yeah..barbecue it.  ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 02 October 2015, 19:59:48 »

Yeah..barbecue it.  ;D

Don't forget to have some sauces on the side  :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 02 October 2015, 20:00:16 »

I have a friend who is a vegetarian and at times she can come across as pious.

I'm happy for Mrs Opti  to cook her a vegetarian meal......sometimes we join her as there are some tasty veggie treats.

However, If I ask for a meat dish when visiting her house she turns into Candice from 'Nuts in May'.... :-\

......'we don't eat dead animals in this house'

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 22 queries.