Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bilstein Rear Shocks  (Read 874 times)

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
Bilstein Rear Shocks
« on: 27 September 2015, 19:44:39 »

Been having a tidy up today in the "parts dept" and came across a brand new set of B,4,s for a saloon which I must of picked up on my travels.

They have the existing Bilstein top mounts .Remember reading several previuos post about the quality and poor fit of the Bilstein fittings.

Question is do I buy a set of GM rear mounts for an Estate or re use the existing GM/Sachs fitings that are on the existing shocks when I come to replace them ...or will the Bilstein set be ok ...they must be 5/6 years old now but unused and still have the existing packaging intact

05omegav6

Re: Bilstein Rear Shocks
« Reply #1 on: 27 September 2015, 19:59:23 »

Been having a tidy up today in the "parts dept" and came across a brand new set of B,4,s for a saloon which I must of picked up on my travels.

They have the existing Bilstein top mounts .Remember reading several previuos post about the quality and poor fit of the Bilstein fittings.

Question is do I buy a set of GM rear mounts for an Estate or re use the existing GM/Sachs fitings that are on the existing shocks when I come to replace them ...or will the Bilstein set be ok ...they must be 5/6 years old now but unused and still have the existing packaging intact
Only one choice imho :y

But before commiting, compare the length of the tnreaded part of the shock rod to the ones currently fitted and the Bilstein kit to the one currently fitted just incase the issues are the result of a recent dumbing down of the Bilstein parts...

As a guide, the pics in Tunnies Maxtrac thread should clear things up :y

Basically, if your Bilstein kit only just fits the B4s, and/or looks like the comparison ones in my pic, then you will need the GM estate mountings. If however they look like Tunnies Maxtrac fittings, then they should be ok to use, as these are a reasonable copy of the original GM ones :y

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2015, 22:54:12 »

Cheers Al, :y

Looks like I will need the bits listed for the Estate as the Bilstiens I have seem to match those in the picture stating they arent up to the job ,but come the day I need to replace them I will take a closer look at what is on the car

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 September 2015, 20:54:51 »

Might be able to offload them sometime soon ;) :y
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 21 queries.