Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Info Please  (Read 2200 times)

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
Info Please
« on: 01 October 2015, 22:54:13 »

How inaccurate would the fuel info be for a NCDC 2013 from a 2.6 be for a 3.2  :-\

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Info Please
« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2015, 00:02:41 »

Depends, Auto, Manual, Tyre, Wheel size, box, diff ratios etc.

Personally Ive never found the NCDC BC Fuel to be that accurate compared to a properly fitted MID.

Maybe Ive just been lucky, but Ive always found my MID's to be pretty much bang on compared to a actual fuel brim to brim on calculation on the real MPG, compared to the NCDC to be near or way out.
« Last Edit: 02 October 2015, 00:04:43 by zᴉɹʞ »

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 October 2015, 00:41:09 »

So essentially a 2.6 Auto Elite which should have 17" wheels, HID lights etc... would be the next best alternative to an actual 3.2 Elite unit.

Not ideal I know, but all the other functions apart from some iffy fuel figures should be as it would be if it was a 3.2 unit.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02 October 2015, 10:05:52 »

Can you just fit it, admittedly knowing it's going to be out, but just put a Tech2 session on the cards, and some point in the future?

I've always had a trip computer, I'm lucky, perhaps, but at the end of the day you don't have to look at it/pay it any attention, and just go by what the analogue dial tells you. Try a couple of 'brimming the tank' exercises, zero the trip, and after a certain number of miles, refill and see how the actual mpg compares with what the trip computer says. If you find it's let's say 10% out, then you can mentally offset that off the top of your head, or, if you so wish, of an evening just get the calculator out just to be super sure.

As you say, all other functions should be unaffected.

Never ran a 3.0/3.2 myself, but if it helps I've a 2.5 and returning 21.7mpg at almost exclusively town driving, much being a 3mile run to work where the engine's just up to temp as I park up.  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02 October 2015, 16:41:55 »

You drive a 3.2, you don't need the BC to tell you they are fekin shite on fuel  ;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 October 2015, 17:18:38 »

Can you just fit it, admittedly knowing it's going to be out, but just put a Tech2 session on the cards, and some point in the future?

I've always had a trip computer, I'm lucky, perhaps, but at the end of the day you don't have to look at it/pay it any attention, and just go by what the analogue dial tells you. Try a couple of 'brimming the tank' exercises, zero the trip, and after a certain number of miles, refill and see how the actual mpg compares with what the trip computer says. If you find it's let's say 10% out, then you can mentally offset that off the top of your head, or, if you so wish, of an evening just get the calculator out just to be super sure.

Never ran a 3.0/3.2 myself, but if it helps I've a 2.5 and returning 21.7mpg at almost exclusively town driving, much being a 3mile run to work where the engine's just up to temp as I park up.  :)
yea, fit it until you get tech 2 session sorted (guessing Audio/Car Pass required) or do your brim to brim and fingers crossed might not bee far out.  :y

Never had a 2.5, mostly 3.0 and 3.2's, but putting a 3.2 aside for the minute, your mpg seems a bit low for a 2.5 compared to a 3.0, I used to get 24.5 (Auto) and 27.5 (Manual) from my old 3.0 MV6's in London Traffic.  :-\

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2015, 09:18:20 »

It's a tricky one. I don't consider myself 'heavy footed' (then again, that's probably true of most people who are heavy footed) I've been pretty careful of late, too, with a few expensive months lately, financially.  :(

My TD, as I say, got 22-3 average. I had a mate who was (admittedly thrashing it a lot) returned 19mpg from his 3.0 Elite. I've just changed the engine and gearbox oil weekend just gone. We'll see what happens there. I use Tesco Ultimatum fuel, and though she's started with a shudder at idle (air leak can't trace yet) mpg was about the same before that started anyway. Will see what else there is left to do as it'd certainly be nice to see the mpg rise a little.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 October 2015, 20:20:17 »

yea, fit it until you get tech 2 session sorted (guessing Audio/Car Pass required) or do your brim to brim and fingers crossed might not bee far out.  :y

Never had a 2.5, mostly 3.0 and 3.2's, but putting a 3.2 aside for the minute, your mpg seems a bit low for a 2.5 compared to a 3.0, I used to get 24.5 (Auto) and 27.5 (Manual) from my old 3.0 MV6's in London Traffic.  :-\
Not for recoding the fuel computer, only for pairing/depairing
Grumpy old man

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06 October 2015, 21:46:27 »

Does anyone know if this section of the NCDC 2013 that holds the sat-nav disc if removed whole from a donor unit as in the picture with the cage, board etc.. Is it a case of plug and play or would the board in the picture need to be swapped for the one that's paired to the display?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 17 queries.