Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What an insult!  (Read 3509 times)

albitz

Re: What an insult!
« Reply #30 on: 15 July 2008, 08:52:30 »

you could put a good gearbox in the mig for less than a couple of hundred quid.. ;)

Foxy Ford

• Rochester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15 July 2008, 09:26:31 »

Just do not use this site for just selling your car though!  E-bay, Auto Trader, local papers, etc., are for that, and this site is for enthusiasts with Omega's, or other cars, to socialize together as a 'community', along with gaining techinical knowledge of anything really! 8-) 8-) 8-)

If your aim is to get to 50 posts purely for selling your car, and I'm afraid I do query that unrealistic trade-in price you quoted, especially after reading your posting on the "AutoBarnStormer" thread, then none of us members, let alone the Administrators will be pleased. >:( >:(

I apologize in advance if this really is not your intention, and I warmly welcome another woman on this site.  Just please do not let us all down! ;) ;)

Please also note my similar comment under the "AutobahnStormers" thread after your last, what I consider, to be a very revealing comment and seems to also support the previous observations on your Foxy name. ::) ::)

OK, this is now 3 bollockings, and I shall repeat that I didn't join to sell the Omega, and I object to being called a liar.  I can forward you the email with the abysmal p/x offer on it if you want, it is perfectly genuine, and I thought it was an insult to my poor old Omega.

Now I know how my Omega feels, as I now feel the same way.

I wont be back, sorry to have bothered you.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 15 July 2008, 09:30:11 »

you could put a good gearbox in the mig for less than a couple of hundred quid.. ;)

Chances are it may well just be low on fluid. Fluid and filter change would be my first move.

If a car's worth more to you than anyone'll give you for it, it's generally best to keep it IMHO. :y

Your Omega might not be as flash as some of your colleagues' cars but I bet it can see most of them off, and that's what really matters IMHO.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15 July 2008, 09:40:19 »

Foxy .. I don't think anyone is having a go at you directly .. but in the past few weeks (since the changes to Road Tax were announced) there seems to have been an influx of folks only joining to try and sell... this is not the ethos of the forum and you may have been tarred with the same brush, by mistake.

Add to that a few problems with buying/selling by shall we say "unscrupulous" persons... and some folks are getting a little twitchy.

You know your intentions ... folks reading your posts don't ... and like everything else on 'tinternet  people are prone to jump to wrong conclusions very easily, and you can also "read-in" to any replies things that may well not be meant.

It actually takes very little effort to reach 50 posts .. some folks have done it in a night !!.. you can then advertise your car quite easily   :y :y :y

;) ;)

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 15 July 2008, 09:42:01 »

Foxy .. I don't think anyone is having a go at you directly .. but in the past few weeks (since the changes to Road Tax were announced) there seems to have been an influx of folks only joining to try and sell... this is not the ethos of the forum and you may have been tarred with the same brush, by mistake.

Add to that a few problems with buying/selling by shall we say "unscrupulous" persons... and some folks are getting a little twitchy.

You know your intentions ... folks reading your posts don't ... and like everything else on 'tinternet  people are prone to jump to wrong conclusions very easily, and you can also "read-in" to any replies things that may well not be meant.

It actually takes very little effort to reach 50 posts .. some folks have done it in a night !!.. you can then advertise your car quite easily   :y :y :y

;) ;)

:-X :-X :-X ;D ;D ;D

jereboam

• Omega Knight
  • Suffolk
    • 1999 Omega Elite 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 15 July 2008, 09:46:31 »

If a car's worth more to you than anyone'll give you for it, it's generally best to keep it IMHO. :y

Your Omega might not be as flash as some of your colleagues' cars but I bet it can see most of them off, and that's what really matters IMHO.

The local Volvo dealer offered me £250 for my immaculate 960 estate a few years back in PX for a £20k used V70 T5.  Much as I would have liked the new car (handles well for a FWD job), I told him exactly what to do with the offer.  The following year, I got £3000 in PX for a £13k Mondeo.  Financially good, but the Mondeo (Ghia X Estate TD) was rubbish.

But I understand exactly what you mean about wanting a newer car.  I like my Omega, and I wouldn't want to swap it for any of the cars down my street (except the XJ6 next door, perhaps), but they are all much newer than my car, and I feel I'm not "keeping up with the Jones's", if anyone can remember what that ancient expression means. :( :(
« Last Edit: 15 July 2008, 09:47:40 by plstewart »
I can be handy mending a fuse - but stuff the Isle of Wight

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 15 July 2008, 09:53:19 »

;) ;)

Entwoods right, but as highlighted you dont help the case with some of your own comments.

Foxy by name, foxy by nature!   :y ;D

Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

FRE07962128

« Reply #37 on: 15 July 2008, 09:56:58 »

;) ;)

Entwoods right, but as highlighted you dont help the case with some of your own comments.

Foxy by name, foxy by nature!   :y ;D

Exactly right Entwood and Skruntie and what I have diplomatically attempted to impart to Foxy. :y :y

So much of her threads read all wrong and give at least an unfortunate impression.  Shame! :( :(
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.