Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Car insurance  (Read 4693 times)

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
Re: Car insurance
« Reply #15 on: 28 October 2015, 14:47:13 »

I was with them last year with no problems.
Things like windscreen cover is not normally included in the cheepo policy so read the "what you get for your money section" very carefully  ;)

Contacting them is a friggin pain in the arse with 30 minutes listening to greensleaves not uncommon.
Also watch what you make your call on because even when they can be arsed to answer the phone, you may find you end up on hold again  >:(

This year, I went with Peoples Choice because I thought it would save me about 20 quid.
Turns out they are both the same company and by the time I added up the extra time spent on the phone, it cost me MORE so beware  ;)
TG where is the what you get for your money section,as i cant find it. :y

When you sign up on the website, it gives you a bullet point list of so called benefits under iirc the policy details section.
Once you have signed on the dotted line so to speak, they email you the policy documents which will include a much more detailed breakdown of the policy terms / hidden charges / ect   >:(
Under credit law, if after you have read the details in full and you are not happy with it you can cancel the agreement within a certain amount of time and go else ware ;)

To be honest, all insurance companies are pretty much the same nowdays so I wouldn't worry about it  :)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 October 2015, 15:35:57 »

Hi all,anybody had any dealings with Hastings direct.Just had a ridiculously low quote for the omega from them,£229 fully comp.But you know the old saying,if it looks to good to be true it probably is.Just wondered if anyone is or has been insured by them.After being with saga for 2 years they want £572 just for fully comp,with no extras except protected ncd.Any opinions welcomed.Dean :y

This seems a tad expensive considering most of the omega owners on here pay less that £100 a year for their insurance  ::) But i presume they are all old gits  ;D
Omegatitis

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 October 2015, 15:46:38 »

ummm, bloke coughs quietly at the back...

£380-odd.. and £495 last year

Can't wait until I'm paying sub-£100.  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 October 2015, 16:00:23 »

ummm, bloke coughs quietly at the back...

£380-odd.. and £495 last year

Can't wait until I'm paying sub-£100.  :)

Got mine down to £260 last year and im not a young'in  ::) Im sure they loaded my premiums since someone wrote my vectra off a few years back >:(

Oh and i got a free meerkat that probably cost me £50  ::)
« Last Edit: 28 October 2015, 16:02:21 by EMD »
Omegatitis

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 October 2015, 16:54:19 »

Hi all,anybody had any dealings with Hastings direct.Just had a ridiculously low quote for the omega from them,£229 fully comp.But you know the old saying,if it looks to good to be true it probably is.Just wondered if anyone is or has been insured by them.After being with saga for 2 years they want £572 just for fully comp,with no extras except protected ncd.Any opinions welcomed.Dean :y

This seems a tad expensive considering most of the omega owners on here pay less that £100 a year for their insurance  ::) But i presume they are all old gits  ;D

I'd like to pay less than £1000 per year

Cough... £5k :o :o

*Not too bad for full trade though ::) :)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

05omegav6

« Reply #20 on: 28 October 2015, 17:13:54 »

Quite... £1400 a year over here :o

But that is for two 3.2s with extras and 30k a year and a less than perfect claim history :-X

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 October 2015, 22:50:42 »

But that is for two 3.2s with extras and 30k a year and a less than perfect claim history :-X

There's a bit of an understatement!!! ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 October 2015, 08:41:57 »

About £480 for me I think  >:(. 31 yrs old, 10yrs NCD. I suspect its the business use that kills mine, oh and having Mrs 944 on there too.  ;D

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 October 2015, 08:52:07 »

Jesus! There's s few shockers on here, I thought mine was enough!  :o

Have to say Jimmy I'd take that £480, with a 944, that doesn't sound too bad, all things considered, I was paying that last year. If I moved just up the road to a statistically worse crime area (no different in reality, better if anything) I was quoted £1000+  just for the V6 :(
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 29 October 2015, 08:59:29 »

Ahh, yeah, so would I, sadly the 944 went years ago, only the username has stuck!

That's for my 2.2 CDX estate  ;D

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 October 2015, 09:37:58 »

Ahhhh misread that as 'the Mrs's 944'!  :)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 October 2015, 10:04:17 »

Yes, Mrs 944 is not a keen driver, only passed her test at the tender age of 30 and had an at fault accident not long after passing. We've never bitten the bullet and got her her own insurance, we really should though as she still has no NCD  :-\

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29 October 2015, 10:49:52 »

I know what your'e saying, my missus will be going on mine when she passes, but we've already priced it up, the insurance will double. Ouch. That said, that means she'll be able to drive a 2.5 V6 Omega for £400 the day she passes her test, which isn't bad, really, all things considered. £1200 for me, somehow. Waiting a year knocked that down to under £600.

Soon as we see the right one, though she wants a Nova. Proper little car, no electronic anything, carb, HT leads and sparks you can actually get to will be a joy to work on.  :)

05omegav6

« Reply #28 on: 29 October 2015, 13:16:30 »

There's a bit of an understatement!!! ::)
Feeky chucker... My white one has been driven into more times than I have pranged it :P

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 October 2015, 17:43:22 »

The MV6 is about £170, 20k pa, FC with NCD protection, declared mods, business use for both of us.

The Elite is about £250 for the same.

The shitbox Zaffy diesel is about £300, no mods, 10k pa, only business use for me. Go figure.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.