Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BMW drivers  (Read 12698 times)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Re: BMW drivers
« Reply #15 on: 27 November 2015, 09:32:47 »

Happened a while back, if we rememer our highway code, you give way to traffic coming from the right, and traffic on a roundabout has priority. There was a woman in an Audi S4, I was on the roundabout.

I'll let you fill in the gaps.  ;)

Ingolstadt 0
Russelsheim 1
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 27 November 2015, 09:37:32 »

Had a chuckle to myself last weekend coming back from Durdle door, sunday evening, long stream of traffic (circa 20 cars) behind a slower moving coach through the country lanes of Dorset.  In order to improve efficiency I am allowing en evelope between me and the car in front so as to buffer the speed ups and the slow downs you invariably get in such a situation.  Mr 4x4 Braincells behind me decides that he had had enough tailgating and will overtake me on a straight patch.  I thought for a split second about using the loud pedal to make it more "interesting" for him but thought better (The 2.5 Estate I picked up from Kate can really shift)

Idiot.

Pointless.

Plus as we get to Ringwood he opts to stay left of 2 lanes at a roundabout not knowing that the right hand lane becomes 2 of which one can be used to turn left.  I waved as I went past and gave it the beans on to the dual carriageway.  Didn't see him again until I pulled off the M3 and he went past ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 27 November 2015, 09:51:49 »

Ahh, yes. Mr. "Choose a plodding 4x4, drive it like it's a sports car".

Then again, I do have to admit to overtaking an old lady in a micra recently. I was in a Nissan Navara with a 10m long glider trailer behind it. :o It was still a very easy overtake, mind, and I knew that was the last opportunity for about 50 miles. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 27 November 2015, 10:10:11 »

There's a couple of places near where I live that go from treo lanes to one just after the lights and there's always some prat that wants to undertake  :-\

Seen all manner of idiots this week though driving between Leeds and Hull, I think I've witnessed just about every bad bit of driving I can think of  :-\

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27 November 2015, 10:29:27 »

There's a couple of places near where I live that go from treo lanes to one just after the lights and there's always some prat that wants to undertake  :-\

Seen all manner of idiots this week though driving between Leeds and Hull, I think I've witnessed just about every bad bit of driving I can think of  :-\

Just when you think that... someone comes along and proves you wrong. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 November 2015, 10:41:09 »

Ahh, yes. Mr. "Choose a plodding 4x4, drive it like it's a sports car".

Then again, I do have to admit to overtaking an old lady in a micra recently. I was in a Nissan Navara with a 10m long glider trailer behind it. :o It was still a very easy overtake, mind, and I knew that was the last opportunity for about 50 miles. ::)

A303 I guess then ::)

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 27 November 2015, 10:52:11 »

Had a chuckle to myself last weekend coming back from Durdle door, sunday evening, long stream of traffic (circa 20 cars) behind a slower moving coach through the country lanes of Dorset.  In order to improve efficiency I am allowing en evelope between me and the car in front so as to buffer the speed ups and the slow downs you invariably get in such a situation.  Mr 4x4 Braincells behind me decides that he had had enough tailgating and will overtake me on a straight patch.  I thought for a split second about using the loud pedal to make it more "interesting" for him but thought better (The 2.5 Estate I picked up from Kate can really shift)

Idiot.

Pointless.

Plus as we get to Ringwood he opts to stay left of 2 lanes at a roundabout not knowing that the right hand lane becomes 2 of which one can be used to turn left.  I waved as I went past and gave it the beans on to the dual carriageway.  Didn't see him again until I pulled off the M3 and he went past ;D

:y Oh that. I try and leave nice buffer gap, as you say so often, to be thanked by being tailgated (again, always by BMWs, female estate agents in Minis etc) thing is, I use cruise control practically all the time, and you notice massively how much people accelerate and decelerate constantly. 'Yes, there's a 50ft gap between me and the car in front, now, but you know what? In 100 yards it'll be down to 10ft, and then it'll increase again. there's really no point - Mr BMW - in me speeding up by 4mph, for 98 yards. We're in a single lane queue of traffic, do you get that? So we're all going to get to where we're going in exactly the same amount of time, whether we're 2 inch or 20 ft off each other.  After my naughty course it has to be said that I plodded merrily abiding by the legal limits, to be overtaken aggressively by a guy in a white Audi - be must've been doing 100 in a 50 by the time he left the horizon. 15 mins later I'd caught up with him, without exceeding the limit once. And there we stayed for half an hour, got him nowhere..   :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27 November 2015, 11:49:04 »

A93 approaching the pass of Glenshee, actually. There was no way I was going to be following a Micra at 35 MPH along that road. It's  8) even with a trailer behind.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27 November 2015, 11:49:54 »

A93 approaching the pass of Glenshee, actually. There was no way I was going to be following a Micra at 35 MPH along that road. It's  8) even with a trailer behind.

;D

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 27 November 2015, 12:19:08 »

Breaking news!

Kev has a drive in a tractor ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShhpIzVsFnU

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 27 November 2015, 12:28:48 »

That'll be the roundabout where you get in the left lane to turn right down to Bournemouth Airport?  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27 November 2015, 12:31:49 »

That'll be the roundabout where you get in the left lane to turn right down to Bournemouth Airport?  ::)  ;D

Only if you're from 'ull  ;D

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 November 2015, 10:34:09 »

Only if you're from 'ull  ;D

And you can fick orf Action Man  :P :P ;D ;D ;D

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 November 2015, 13:30:47 »

There's a couple of places near where I live that go from two lanes to one just after the lights and there's always some prat that wants to undertake  :-\

Just when you think that... someone comes along and proves you wrong. ::)

Yeah absolutely and to top it off, on my way home on Friday the driver of a Transit pick up lost a 5 metre length of drain pipe which ended up laying across the outside lane of the A63 coming out of Hull  ::)

STEMO

« Reply #29 on: 30 November 2015, 14:52:19 »

Apparently the M1 north of Leeds is the worst stretch of motorway in the country for tailgating.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 17 queries.