Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Contacted previous owner.  (Read 2221 times)

2boxerdogs

Contacted previous owner.
« on: 12 December 2015, 00:24:45 »

Searching through the service bills etc that came with the Merc when I bought it from MTSV came across the mobile number of the last owner, decided to chance my luck & give him a call. Chatted for quite a while really nice guy ( solicitor in London ) he sold the car to the dealer last December the reason being that he was under pressure from his wife as he hardly used it, he had three Mercs the others being an SLK and a G wagon, he described the E 430 as a "discreet supercar" he used it mainly for trips to France where he has a holiday home, also told me that he took it to Germany once to stretch its legs on the autobhan he said it sat happily at 150 MPH with ease. After selling it he missed it so comforted himself by buying a Ferrari !!  Have used it quite a bit this week & have to say the power delivery is awesome but you really have to keep  your eyes on the speedo it could be very easy to rack up the points ..The car is a 2000 on a V plate when he bought it in 2008 from the first owner it had only covered 4700 miles, 31,000 clicked over today on the way back from Cambridge so for a V8 is barely run in, if any of you are thinking of getting a V8 do it, I just love driving it.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
Re: Contacted previous owner.
« Reply #1 on: 12 December 2015, 11:50:43 »

Sounds like you got a good buy there  :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 December 2015, 12:05:38 »

A decent V8 should be  part of everyone's bucket list, Mr Tilbo. :y

Of course, you could have taken the 'sensible' route and bought a nice turbo diesel 'repmobile' for the same money. ::) ::) ;)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 December 2015, 12:52:07 »

I think most petrol heads would have a favourite V8 on their to buy list  :) American V8 muscle car would be mine .
Omegatitis

2boxerdogs

« Reply #4 on: 12 December 2015, 13:07:58 »

I think most petrol heads would have a favourite V8 on their to buy list  :) American V8 muscle car would be mine .

Yes can't agree more with you, colleagues at work have asked  what will you get next ? There are only 2 cars on my list No .1 is a Shelby Mustang & 2 is a Dodge Viper & I know the Viper is not a V8 but a great looking car. Will I get either of these ? Only if my 6 numbers come up !!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 December 2015, 13:13:25 »

1965 Shelby Cobra 427. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 December 2015, 13:59:29 »

Yes can't agree more with you, colleagues at work have asked  what will you get next ? There are only 2 cars on my list No .1 is a Shelby Mustang & 2 is a Dodge Viper & I know the Viper is not a V8 but a great looking car. Will I get either of these ? Only if my 6 numbers come up !!

I believe the odds have recently lengthened from one in fourteen million to one in forty million. ;D

2boxerdogs

« Reply #7 on: 12 December 2015, 14:23:26 »

I believe the odds have recently lengthened from one in fourteen million to one in forty million. ;D

Looks like the Merc will be staying a while then 😀 😀 😀

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 December 2015, 19:44:18 »

You`re right there, but you do get something for two numbers now.....a free go and another chance to win SFA.

I`ve quit while I`m ahead  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.