Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Best place to purchase a decent Elite ?  (Read 21606 times)

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
Re: Best place to purchase a decent Elite ?
« Reply #120 on: 26 December 2015, 14:57:16 »

I've mentioned it before, but when we need 3 seats in the back row, that is when a decision will need to be made. That's if both are still running then, as it will be around 3 years at least I think before little MissT has two brothers or sisters.
Whilst, like virtually any RWD car, 3 adults in the back is a squeeze, its fine for "smaller ones", and having 3 real seatbeats in the back keeps safety up :)

Mrs TB always tends to go for the 3.2, as deep down, I think she quite likes the Chav.  I rarely get to drive it ;D
The problem we have found is that small babies require enormous car seats.
The centre belt isn't long enough to go round a modern  baby seat and there are no isofix points.
We bought a cheap Garahambra (galaxy/sharan/alhambra) with 5 full size seats in the back to allow us to carry everybody.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Hudson

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 26 December 2015, 15:25:22 »

To be honest i like the spec of the CDX but the main reason i want the Elite is Bose, the others just do not have it fitted, so its and Elite.

Maybe the new year will have a few for sale in a similar way to the house market which tends to pick up after xmas.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 26 December 2015, 15:46:31 »

I've mentioned it before, but when we need 3 seats in the back row, that is when a decision will need to be made. That's if both are still running then, as it will be around 3 years at least I think before little MissT has two brothers or sisters.
Whilst, like virtually any RWD car, 3 adults in the back is a squeeze, its fine for "smaller ones", and having 3 real seatbeats in the back keeps safety up :)

Mrs TB always tends to go for the 3.2, as deep down, I think she quite likes the Chav.  I rarely get to drive it ;D
The problem we have found is that small babies require enormous car seats.
The centre belt isn't long enough to go round a modern  baby seat and there are no isofix points.
We bought a cheap Garahambra (galaxy/sharan/alhambra) with 5 full size seats in the back to allow us to carry everybody.

I find that putting little ones front facing seat in the middle is perfect... Leaves space for 2 adults, albeit a bit cozy
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 26 December 2015, 15:56:04 »

To be honest I like the spec of the CDX but the main reason i want the Elite is Bose, the others just do not have it fitted, so it's an Elite.

Interesting, the Bose stereo is the part I like least about the Elite as it restricts me to an old CD player that won't play copied discs. With a 'normal' amp and speaker setup, I would have fitted an all-in-one headunit soon after buying the car.

Hudson

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 26 December 2015, 18:16:06 »

To be honest I like the spec of the CDX but the main reason i want the Elite is Bose, the others just do not have it fitted, so it's an Elite.

Interesting, the Bose stereo is the part I like least about the Elite as it restricts me to an old CD player that won't play copied discs. With a 'normal' amp and speaker setup, I would have fitted an all-in-one headunit soon after buying the car.

Proof if needed that we are all different and looking for different things from our cars, all my cd's are original, i don't download from the net and tend to listen to the radio the most so a system like the Elite's would be fine for me. I did see a really nice Elite a while ago but the owner had ripped out the OEM headunit and fitted an all singing and dancing DVD unit, nice enough but for me it simply spoilt the whole interior.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 26 December 2015, 18:25:17 »

99% of Elites with Bose will all have shagged NCDC lasers by now.

Odd you want to restrict car hunting based on the stereo, replace the current speakers in standard spec and you would have a better system than Bose.

It a system that has hardly changed since 1998.

05omegav6

« Reply #126 on: 26 December 2015, 22:19:51 »

Odd you want to restrict car hunting based on the stereo, replace the current speakers in standard spec and you would have a better system than Bose.

Arse monkeys...

An afternoons work to fit aux leads to a CDC head unit... Hell if I can do it, anyone can...

All your music, however sourced in BOSE with No issues :y

Hudson

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 26 December 2015, 22:30:55 »

Arse monkeys...

An afternoons work to fit aux leads to a CDC head unit... Hell if I can do it, anyone can...

So you could attach an ipod classic etc and listen to music ? Along with the radio of course.

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 26 December 2015, 23:07:38 »

some clever git on here has soldered in one of these and documented it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151553153657?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

05omegav6

« Reply #129 on: 26 December 2015, 23:19:42 »

Yup... You lose the original 4disc changer facility, but a bit of imagination will see an ipod/Bluetooth head unit running a disc changer or three...

Summat like this...

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSXS310BTX-Bluetooth-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B005J7YD98
Running a CDX-656

Gives you an extra 6 discs to play with plus all the head unit features, and only six connections required:
12v, ignition, illumination and ground from the telematics loom, plus two Rca leads. Job done :y

:y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 27 December 2015, 01:11:24 »

You don't have to lose the 4 disc changer if you wire in a DPDT switch.  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #131 on: 27 December 2015, 01:27:47 »

You don't have to lose the 4 disc changer if you wire in a DPDT switch.  :y
Probably not, but with three ten disc changers in the boot, I am still 26 cds ahead :D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 27 December 2015, 06:58:27 »

Arse monkeys...

We say "homosexual" round here lot more pc. :)
Hoof'land storeman.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 27 December 2015, 10:02:42 »

As VXL says, possible to keep CDC as well, but you need to switch it.  I'm part way through doing that via a PIC. With the direct wiring, as shown in HTK's post, the impedance is slightly off, resulting in having to mess with volume and treble between sources, but it "works".  Obviously, the soldering needs to be far better ;D
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #134 on: 27 December 2015, 14:50:12 »

Nothing wrong with my soldering :P no apparent impedance issues either... out put volume and characteristics can be easily tweaked to suit, and with those four connections made securely at the telematics plugs, no settings memory issues either. Simply set it up once and you're away. Even the bluetooth side of things works as it should... and no worries about faffing around in the glovebox to control it as the head unit has a remote 8)
« Last Edit: 27 December 2015, 14:55:59 by Harris K Telemacher »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.