Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One head light fails to rise and the dread warning in the HID  (Read 1338 times)

tanker12uk

• Saltburn by the Sea. Cleveland
    • Elite 3.2V6 2001
    • View Profile

Hi Guys
I just want some advice the Miggy has decided its time to give my wallet another bashing I have a 51 plate 3.2 Elite saloon [and I love It] I have the dread beam warning on start up  and it seems that the drivers side headlight has ED in English it no longer rises as required leaving the drives side pointing down there is no sign of flutter or judder as in the light flopping around as some have described so that's the state of play now the question is it the damm bit of plastic which has failed or do I suspect the motor which drives it.
I have ruled out the sensors being at fault as the other side behaves properly is there a way which I can see or check which it is without dismantling half the car to get the light out
I'm being cautious and asking for advice as old age has caught up with me somewhat and the days of working under a car are gone I can still get down there but now I would need the engine hoist to get me back up.
As always your comments [the printable ones] are always welcome as is the advice
Warm regards to all
Tanker

05omegav6

Re: One head light fails to rise and the dread warning in the HID
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2016, 01:18:24 »

Sounds like it needs either a new motor or an adjuster (that damn bit of plastic :D)... needs a looksie to be sure, although for there to be a fault message it is more likely to be the motor or a sensor arm...

Send Nick W a pm... he is relatively local, and suitably equipped to investigate/fix the issue :y

tanker12uk

• Saltburn by the Sea. Cleveland
    • Elite 3.2V6 2001
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 January 2016, 02:40:25 »

Many Thanks Harris
I have sent him an email I hope he will be able to help as the other option is go to VX
cheers
Tanker

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 January 2016, 18:03:01 »

Check front sensor anyway, plus also the suspected good levelling motor.

Errors in either will attempt to lower lights
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 18 queries.