Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Did anyone watch.......  (Read 4774 times)

STEMO

Re: Did anyone watch.......
« Reply #30 on: 10 February 2016, 19:37:04 »

£26000 equals the benefits cap, so it was a years money in advance. When it's gone, they will simply claim again.
One couple who had plans to start a secondhand goods business admitted that they received £6000 pa in benefits. Assume the rent was £100pw (paid direct) which equals £5200 - £400 for the "4 free rent weeks" = £4800, council tax was say £30pw which equals £1500pa.
So their gross annual take would be £6000 + £4800 + £1500. When I went to school that didn`t equate to £26000 >:(
Lots of angry faces when we talk about benefits  ;D

If it's so lucrative, perhaps we should all try it. Personally, I couldn't survive on £500 a week.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 10 February 2016, 19:44:24 »

Personally, Its a long time since I took home £500 per week. Having said that , I will probably manage it this month, due to overtime.
I really should have listened more turned up at school.  ;D
« Last Edit: 10 February 2016, 19:46:07 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 10 February 2016, 20:39:29 »

Im on benefits and have been for the past 7 years due to me basically 'retiring' and looking after my wife and managing her illness...

I dont claim 'dole' I do claim Income Support...

I was working full time (and was since leaving school) I had to make the vary hard yet easy decision to look after my wife for however long it takes...

I see people around where I live that do claim dole and have been on benefits for basically all their lives and make a living at it... and TBH it pisses me off... they know how to play the system so they dont have their benefits taken from them.. there is one lad who reckons that the benefots he is on he is entitled to... he hasnt worked a day in his oppsing life and he didnt like me telling him to gte off his arse, stop smoking the green stuff and get a job.... I ducked - he missed but I didnt..... we dont speak anymore....

Free dentists (NHS) are few and far between, glasses aren't free either, unless you are a diabetic nothing is free...

If the people on the programme have been given £26000 to live on for a year, their benefits will be stopped - indefinately as thats the rules if they sign off and live independently of the state they will not be allowed to sign back on for at least 4 years, even after the money goes dry for them... all their benefits will stop including housing benefit and council tax benefit so they will have to pay these for the next 4 years by any means that they can....
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10 February 2016, 21:01:25 »

Apparently the family from Liverpool who bought a racoon and reptiles etc to start an animal petting party venture are doing quite well, lots of good reviews from customers so we'll see how they fare longer term. Whilst not ever having claimed benefits myself I know I have the initiative, drive and skill to set myself up for life if 26k dropped in my lap, not going to happen in the near future but will someday.     
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 10 February 2016, 21:04:26 »

Im on benefits and have been for the past 7 years due to me basically 'retiring' and looking after my wife and managing her illness...

I dont claim 'dole' I do claim Income Support...

I was working full time (and was since leaving school) I had to make the vary hard yet easy decision to look after my wife for however long it takes...

I see people around where I live that do claim dole and have been on benefits for basically all their lives and make a living at it... and TBH it pisses me off... they know how to play the system so they dont have their benefits taken from them.. there is one lad who reckons that the benefots he is on he is entitled to... he hasnt worked a day in his oppsing life and he didnt like me telling him to gte off his arse, stop smoking the green stuff and get a job.... I ducked - he missed but I didnt..... we dont speak anymore....

Free dentists (NHS) are few and far between, glasses aren't free either, unless you are a diabetic nothing is free...

If the people on the programme have been given £26000 to live on for a year, their benefits will be stopped - indefinately as thats the rules if they sign off and live independently of the state they will not be allowed to sign back on for at least 4 years, even after the money goes dry for them... all their benefits will stop including housing benefit and council tax benefit so they will have to pay these for the next 4 years by any means that they can....
Where there's kids involved, they'll get benefits.

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • vauxhall omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11 February 2016, 07:57:55 »

I did think about watching it,but given our present situation.Both me and the wife working for minimum wage,living week to week struggling to pay rent and all the other bills.And receiving no help from any where,i think it would make me more angry and depressed than i am already.Some times i think we would be better off on benefits, but we are workers and want to pay our own way.I know other people are in the same boat,but its a struggle and i don't think i have ever been so stressed and unhappy in my life.But we will keep plodding on in the hope things may get better.Dean.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11 February 2016, 11:35:47 »

I did think about watching it,but given our present situation.Both me and the wife working for minimum wage,living week to week struggling to pay rent and all the other bills.And receiving no help from any where,i think it would make me more angry and depressed than i am already.Some times i think we would be better off on benefits, but we are workers and want to pay our own way.I know other people are in the same boat,but its a struggle and i don't think i have ever been so stressed and unhappy in my life.But we will keep plodding on in the hope things may get better.Dean.

Are you claiming working tax credits, Mr Moggy?

If both your wife and yourself are working for minimum wage you may be entitled.

moggy

• Omega Knight
  • hartlepool
    • vauxhall omega 3.0 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 12 February 2016, 09:33:19 »

Are you claiming working tax credits, Mr Moggy?

If both your wife and yourself are working for minimum wage you may be entitled.
Hi mate,i will check the web site thanks.Dean.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 12 February 2016, 11:03:56 »

I do think  some of the 'guinea pigs' were missing the point of the exercise.

One  spent £300 treating the whole family to a meal. Another bought his son a£400 playstation.

How much is £26000 free of tax and national insurance really worth?

Do you think ch5 would give £26k to a family who possibly might get work and improve their lot, or a family of work-shy chav's who will pissh the lot and swear and shout. Which makes best TV.
Hoof'land storeman.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #39 on: 12 February 2016, 15:38:40 »

Would rather stick pins in my eyes than watch this s ** t.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 18 queries.