Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: doctors contracts  (Read 9078 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
doctors contracts
« on: 11 February 2016, 21:24:50 »

Now, it's been in the news for a while,
Lots of they said and he says, and lots of it's all about patients, o and there safety.
Then the government says doctors and patients will be better off,and earn more, and work less hours.

My question is what is in the new contract, that's different from the old one,
Basically what's all the problems about, or is it a typical union verses employer fight :-X
Hoof'land storeman.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: doctors contracts
« Reply #1 on: 11 February 2016, 22:05:33 »

I've tried to find out properly myself. I think that the enhanced hourly rates are now from 10 pm instead of 7 and Sat is now just for 'normal' rates

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 February 2016, 22:14:30 »

It's a bit hazy, but the new contracts state that a Doctor must work one weekend per month.  They will be rewarded for this (financially).  Reportedly a 13.5% payrise.  That's quite a bit!  As a 'for example'..... My GP spends most of her time abroad doing 'work' in Africa.  She is a 50% owner of the Practice, and her Husband is African.  Read of that how you will.

I don't see the problem.  My Mother worked for the NHS since it began, my wife works for the NHS.  Weekend work has always been part and parcel of the job.

2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 February 2016, 22:16:53 »

Been looking.and it seems they are having there "overtime rate cut" basically the government want to pay them a flat rate for all hours worked, and they will be 13.5% better off for less hours.

So according to the government less hours more money, but you lose your enhanced weekend rate,.
Seems a good deal to me, if my employer said less hours more money but no enhanced weekend rate, I would check it is correct and if so sign, but less hours more money that's what everybody wants.
Hoof'land storeman.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 February 2016, 22:22:29 »

Also why can't doctors work 4 on 4 off, like most people through-out industry do now days, or is that to simple for the nhs(government) to work out
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 11 February 2016, 22:27:07 »

There's a table here to show things as simply as possible

We will fight contract imposition, says BMA
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-35548091

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 February 2016, 22:28:39 »

It does seem a fair deal to me, and as it is a service industry, a fair wage for 24/7 work seems right.  I'm sure there are many of us who have had to work jobs requiring cover 24/7, I did all my working life, and at no time was I paid extra for working nights or weekends, although BA did pay me an extra dinner allowance for Xmas day working. Which was every other year. ;D ;D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 11 February 2016, 22:32:42 »

It doesn't really matter whether it's fair or not, it's forcing someone to sign a new contract. If two parties sign a contract, it should be binding. If it is to be altered, it should be with agreement from both sides.

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 11 February 2016, 22:35:05 »

On a personal note, I would love to see the government get a kick in the gonads over this, but the days of 'one for all and all for one' seem to have disappeared.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 February 2016, 22:41:53 »

Weekend work has always been part and parcel of the job.

That's not the problem ...... it's whether they're paid enhanced rates for the week ends.

I get paid the same for a Sat & Sun as I do for a Mon or Wed but ........ all my shifts attract a 35% shift  rate

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 February 2016, 22:48:02 »

That's not the problem ...... it's whether they're paid enhanced rates for the week ends.

I get paid the same for a Sat & Sun as I do for a Mon or Wed but ........ all my shifts attract a 35% shift  rate

I agree it's not the problem.  People who CHOOSE this type of employment, CHOOSE to work unsociable hours.

Next?

EDIT:  Sat next to my wife who told me to say this. (She works for the NHS).
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

05omegav6

« Reply #11 on: 11 February 2016, 22:56:12 »

I wouldn't say that too loudly :o

We get a flat rate regardless of when we work... ie £X ph for every hour, whether shift or overtime... only exception is bank holidays, which are double...

The other thing is that if you work permanent days, then you get paid £Xd, if you work 2 days/2nights/4 off, then you get half the night enhancement (25p an hour), and if you do permanent nights, then you get full night enhancement (50p). The only redeeming feature of this is your contract hourly rate is the rate you get paid regardless of the actual shifts you work... ie on a permanent nights rate, you get paid the night enhancement even if you do all your overtime on day shift and even if you're covering a lower rated role in another part of the operation...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 February 2016, 23:04:52 »

The other thing is that if you work permanent days, then you get paid £Xd, if you work 2 days/2nights/4 off, then you get half the night enhancement (25p an hour), and if you do permanent nights, then you get full night enhancement (50p).  .....

You get just 50 pence per hour for working nights?  ???

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 February 2016, 23:08:02 »

My normal rota is 12 shifts per 4 weeks. 10 nightshifts, 2 day shifts. 4 of the nightshifts are at weekends. A total of 162 hours.
I go on overtime rate (time and a half) if I work any extra shifts over and above this, to cover holidays or sickness. Otherwise, its all at standard rate, even on Christmas day.
I knew this when I took the job, so no point moaning about it now.
Similarily, doctors should know that when they decide to be a doctor they can expect to work weekends, unsociable hours etc.
Its well known to anyone who has spent a lot of time in hospital in recent years, that staff on the wards are treading water over the weekends until they are up to strength with the normal quota of doctors etc. on Monday morning.
I believe this came about in the new labour years when they renegotiated NHS contracts.
Whatever the reason, it shouldn't happen. Hospitals should be as competent and able to treat the sick on Saturdays and Sundays as they are Monday to Friday.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

05omegav6

« Reply #14 on: 11 February 2016, 23:09:31 »

The other thing is that if you work permanent days, then you get paid £Xd, if you work 2 days/2nights/4 off, then you get half the night enhancement (25p an hour), and if you do permanent nights, then you get full night enhancement (50p).  .....

You get just 50 pence per hour for working nights?  ???

I agree it's not the problem.  People who CHOOSE this type of employment, CHOOSE to work unsociable hours.

Next?

EDIT:  Sat next to my wife who told me to say this. (She works for the NHS).
Our 'managers' are trying to implement the Working Time Directive to save money... even though we're an exempted industry and you sign an official Opt Out saying that you understand that you're working shifts in a fluid environment... oppstards ::)

There are a handful of complete morons who try to demand having their breaks at set times everyday, irrespective of the fact that the timings of flights and workload is never the same two days running... really grips my shit, that >:( if you get allocated a job in 25 minutes time, then that's enough time to have two cups of tea and half your sandwiches... the fact that you don't officially get your break for six or seven hours is almost irrelevant as you have probably been sat around for a third of that time ::)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.