Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacement parts pick up and storage  (Read 2190 times)

bootie

• Enix, Almeria, Spain
    • View Profile
Replacement parts pick up and storage
« on: 30 March 2016, 19:00:39 »

As some may know, I am in the market for a set of doors for my PFL estate. I have asked questions on here and it has been confirmed that FL doors will fit no problem, yes the trim will be different but I'm not fussed about that at all.
So far I have only managed to negotiate a deal for front doors from a FL saloon, I offered £70 for the pair, is that a good price?
I tried the local scrappy's around Dundee/Forfar but at the time they had no Omega's in, they also said doors from them would be around £50 each......

Of course it would be nice if somebody was breaking a champagne gold PFL Elite estate with good doors but I feel that is asking a bit too much.

So now we come to the crux of the matter, would it be possible for any of our scottish members to pick up and hold the 2 front doors for me until I can get over to blighty and collect?

The seller lives in Edinburgh.

Cheers
Jon

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement parts pick up and storage
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2016, 21:52:10 »

As some may know, I am in the market for a set of doors for my PFL estate. I have asked questions on here and it has been confirmed that FL doors will fit no problem, yes the trim will be different but I'm not fussed about that at all.
So far I have only managed to negotiate a deal for front doors from a FL saloon, I offered £70 for the pair, is that a good price?
I tried the local scrappy's around Dundee/Forfar but at the time they had no Omega's in, they also said doors from them would be around £50 each......

Of course it would be nice if somebody was breaking a champagne gold PFL Elite estate with good doors but I feel that is asking a bit too much.

So now we come to the crux of the matter, would it be possible for any of our scottish members to pick up and hold the 2 front doors for me until I can get over to blighty and collect?

The seller lives in Edinburgh.

Cheers
Jon

Err - I disagree wrt Rear Doors, when you find them. Yes they will physically fit, but there are quite a few differences with rear doors that will get on your t1ts.

The rear doors have different hinges that incorporate a mechanical lip which limits the amount the doors will swing open. If you put a PFL on a FL the door won't fully open - you gave to grind away the lip to allow it to open fully. I assume the opposite is true in that a FL on  a PFL will open too much, and catch/crease on the front door. Also the holes for the wiring loom and check strap are much bigger on a FL than on a PFL, so you'll have to fill the hole somehow. And obviously the door trim is attached in a different way.

So if I were you, I'd make sure the rear doors are from a PFL to same some aggro.

bootie

• Enix, Almeria, Spain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2016, 09:22:20 »

Oh, right, thanks for that very valuable info. Do I take it the fronts are OK then, those are all I have said I will have from the seller.

Again, many thanks.

Jon

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 March 2016, 10:44:53 »

I have FL rear doors on my MFL, only change I had to make was the doorcard - even the loom was fine.

I also have FL front doors on my MFL, had to swap locks (obviously) and loom, and doorcard.

In both cases, I've left the FL external strips in place.

No issues found with opening.
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 March 2016, 12:11:54 »

I have FL rear doors on my MFL, only change I had to make was the doorcard - even the loom was fine.

I also have FL front doors on my MFL, had to swap locks (obviously) and loom, and doorcard.

So your far superior MFL is actually two thirds FL.   ;) ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 March 2016, 14:32:47 »

Well, it has FL doors, a FL CID, a FL telematics.  But the rest is pure MFL, except stereo and CD Changer, which is from an Astra.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 March 2016, 14:33:38 »

Well, it has FL doors, a FL CID, a FL telematics.  But the rest is pure MFL, except stereo and CD Changer, which is from an Astra.
Shit, the wheels. I forgot about the wheels. I think they are FL (judging by the fact they are Omega 17", and not MFL MV6 ones).
Grumpy old man

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 March 2016, 23:10:31 »

EPC says the change happens between chassis numbers X1999999 and Y10000001. I guess your MFL is an post X19999999?. If so that means FL and MFL doors are the same for you. But, trust me, the FL and PFL rear doors are different and will cause aggro if you try to swap them.

I don't know if PFL and FL front doors are easier - there are different part numbers in EPC but it might just be the way the trim is fixed. I used FL doors on my FL car so didn't have to worry.
« Last Edit: 31 March 2016, 23:13:00 by LC0112G »

bootie

• Enix, Almeria, Spain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01 April 2016, 11:16:44 »

All starts to get a bit complicated don't it!
So, to recap, I am OK for these FL front doors, yes?
Plus, is there any of the Scottish contingent reading this, preferably Edinburgh way?

Jon

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01 April 2016, 17:15:17 »

EPC says the change happens between chassis numbers X1999999 and Y10000001. I guess your MFL is an post X19999999?. If so that means FL and MFL doors are the same for you. But, trust me, the FL and PFL rear doors are different and will cause aggro if you try to swap them.

I don't know if PFL and FL front doors are easier - there are different part numbers in EPC but it might just be the way the trim is fixed. I used FL doors on my FL car so didn't have to worry.
MFL is W1000000 to X19999999. Mine is actually a very early MFL. FL starts at Y1000000.

The donor was early FL, so probably Y1xxxxxx.

The only difference to door panel I can see is the FL ones have 2 holes for the screws for the strip.  I had absolutely no trouble fitting FL doors (and check strap) to a MFL, and no signs of rubbing/misalignment/catching :)

I'm certain I've help others swap doors, but cant guarantee donor or recipient (I see too many Omegas).
Grumpy old man

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 April 2016, 19:59:31 »

Bootie, old chap. If it's in the city boundaries (ie the city bypass or a mile or two outside it) then I'll collect them for you and store them. Not a prob.   It's upto yourself though to ensure they will fit! :y

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 April 2016, 20:02:13 »

Incidentally, if you track down an offside rear facelift estate door in champaign gold by mistake, gives a shout. My lad is needing one. Ta.... :)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 03 April 2016, 09:32:47 »

There was a FL MV6 Estate in Champaign Gold being broken in sunny Essex a while back on a Farm near Southend. Last I heard, Engine, Box and Wheels had been sold, I'll try and find out if its still there. 

bootie

• Enix, Almeria, Spain
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03 April 2016, 10:55:37 »

Bootie, old chap. If it's in the city boundaries (ie the city bypass or a mile or two outside it) then I'll collect them for you and store them. Not a prob.   It's upto yourself though to ensure they will fit! :y

Most generous offer sir! I am in the process of getting the address and contact number, will pass on as soon as I get a reply.

cheers
Jon

bootie

• Enix, Almeria, Spain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03 April 2016, 12:52:00 »

He has stated the farm he is at is a nightmare to gt to but would a meet at Straiton retail park be OK?

Jon
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.