Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Money does strange things....  (Read 829 times)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
Money does strange things....
« on: 12 April 2016, 22:59:12 »

You may (or may not) remember me posting quite a while back, that swmbo's cousin died intestate, and swmbo stood to get quite a tidy sum from the estate.
If you remember, although there was no will, he did leave a 'Wish List'. However, as unsigned and undated, this was not a legal document.
Swmbo was named on the wish list, as were 5 other cousins/friends. Also four charities, including Cancer Research.
So....the inheritance is split between all cousins (10). Due to deaths, some of the cousins offspring will receive equal shares of what their dead parent would have received.
This next bit is the bit that gets right up my craw. The solicitor dealing with the case, sent a copy of the 'Wish List' and a letter asking if we would like to follow his wishes and donate some money back to his named charities.
I won't bore you with the legalities of how this is done to reclaim monies from HMRC paid as inheritance tax, But basically, we have received a document to sign, that shows all the beneficiaries, and what they have donated.
All those on the original wish list have all donated monies back, from between £1000 and £8000.
Those who will inherit by default, and did not even know of his existence, ie, children of deceased parents have donated........up to £100, some nothing at all.
Sorry to burden you with this, I need to get my feelings of anger off my chest, as we are talking large five figure sums being paid to each of these tight bastids !!!!!!!!
I am ashamed to be closely related to some (who are already rolling in it) >:( >:( >:( >:(

Rant over
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
Re: Money does strange things....
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2016, 23:06:17 »

It happens, my ex wife worke din a nursing home and said you always saw relatives coming out of the woodwork if someone didn`t have long to go, only bothering when it`s will time.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2016, 23:34:48 »

Nobody gets rich by giving money away.

Does that help you cope with the upset ................... nope, thought not.  ;D ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 April 2016, 23:39:12 »

Swmbo used to be a home help, remember them?. She had a nice old couple on her list who never had any relatives visit so she used to do extra jobs around the place and once painted their kitchen. In the end one passed away and the other had to go into a care home. As soon as the bungalow became vacant absent relatives crawled out of the woodwork and promptly spruced the place and put it on the market. Wife didn,t do the work for any gain, she just thought that the old couple had no one to turn to. Just shows the greed of some of these turds work when there is money to be had. >:(

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 April 2016, 23:55:35 »

Swmbo used to be a home help, remember them?. She had a nice old couple on her list who never had any relatives visit so she used to do extra jobs around the place and once painted their kitchen. In the end one passed away and the other had to go into a care home. As soon as the bungalow became vacant absent relatives crawled out of the woodwork and promptly spruced the place and put it on the market. Wife didn,t do the work for any gain, she just thought that the old couple had no one to turn to. Just shows the greed of some of these turds work when there is money to be had. >:(

This day and age the authority's would force a sale of the bungalow to pay for the person in the care home, regardless of their funds. At over a grand a week it soon eats in to savings. My aunt was minted but they still forced a house sale when she went in to a care home, yet the old biddy in the next room didn't have a pot to piss in and got the same care.
My parents are reasonably well off but are keeping their wealth to pay for care if needed, and that's a fair amount with the house and savings. Any inheritance will just vanish before my very eyes so I've told them to spend it on themselves and enjoy what life they have left as I'm not guaranteed to get any of it.
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 April 2016, 00:27:58 »

You are so right there, Alan. When my mum had to go into a care home in Aylesbury, that waffed up her cash at £3800 a month. Once it had got as far as the limit (£23,250) and Social took over, they could only take her two pensions of £1000 a month, so we did manage to retain some capital before she died last December.  :y

Chris's mum is in Stoke Mandeville, and expected to pass away within the next couple of days, and already there are some mutterings from previously mentioned relatives....but they will not be lucky as, in your words, she has not got a pot to piss in !!!!!! ;)
« Last Edit: 13 April 2016, 00:32:21 by terbert »
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 17 queries.