Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: V6 2.5 bypass valve inlet hose part number?  (Read 1127 times)

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
V6 2.5 bypass valve inlet hose part number?
« on: 14 June 2016, 21:52:19 »

My 1996 (MY '97) Omega V6 2.5 auto has sprung a coolant leak. The hose that connects to the inlet port of the heater matrix bypass valve has split just behind the clip that secures it onto the spigot at the rear of the engine. I would appreciate it if somebody could identify the part number for this hose, please see the photo. The split is visible at the bottom right.

Also I am wondering why it split? Is it just old age or is it symptomatic of some other problem? Coolant was ejected from the split when the engine was up to temperature and the radiator fan started up. The heater was working OK before this happened. The temp gauge was pretty stable between 92-95 deg, so no overheating. And it always came up to temperature. So can I assume the thermostat and the water pump are working and nothing is blocked?

Also my bypass valve is marked "GM 90 457 649 -[A" and underneath "90 457 666". Why are there two part numbers? Since these valves are apparently problematic, I imagine I should replace it since I've got it off the car?

Many thanks,

simON73

• UK
    • Opel Omega B 2.0 16V 100k
    • View Profile
Re: V6 2.5 bypass valve inlet hose part number?
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2016, 15:21:04 »

The part number cannot be seen here.

"GM 90 457 649" and "90 457 666" are the two original part numbers, these are absolutely one and the same part.

I think it split because it worn out. I wouldn't say it is a symptomatic of some other problem. It's just all the parts have their age, soon or later it happens to them.

Here are the alternative parts:

VAICO  V40-1313
http://www.autodoc.co.uk/vaico/7078511

and VAICO V40-1312
http://www.autodoc.co.uk/vaico/2220607

The difference between them depends only on a chassis number. So if you give me yours, I can check the right one for you.

Enceladus

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • View Profile
Re: V6 2.5 bypass valve inlet hose part number?
« Reply #2 on: 17 June 2016, 12:15:01 »

Thanks for your reply.

It was the part number of the hose that has split that I needed to identify. It is 90466222 (GM 18 18 432) @ £7.60+vat from Autovaux.

VAICO V40-1313 does not seem to be an Omega part, it only has one outlet port. My valve would be the VAICO V40-1312. My existing valve seems to be working fine with no leaks so I guess the hose spilt due to old age and hopefully not a blockage somewhere. Anyway I think I will replace the valve since it's off the car and nearly 20 years old. Seems 90466947 supercedes mine and is £10.48+vat for a German aftermarket, also from Autovaux.

I imagine I should also take the opportunity to back-flush the heater matrix since the bulkhead heater hoses in the engine bay are disconnected from the bypass valve and are accessible?

How about back-flushing the engine block? Is the coolant still trapped in the block by the closed (cold) thermostat? IE if I connect a hose to the spigot where my split hose connected is water going to flow out the bridging hose that connects both sides of the engine to the bypass valve?

Thanks,
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.