Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would you Trust It ?  (Read 1130 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Would you Trust It ?
« on: 08 October 2016, 18:15:04 »

I meant putting 1TB of your Precious Data on it,....      not the, having to talk to your Bank Manager to raise the funds to actually buy one.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Re: Would you Trust It ?
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2016, 19:41:43 »

I meant putting 1TB of your Precious Data on it,....      not the, having to talk to your Bank Manager to raise the funds to actually buy one.

That's not much less than all of my external drives put together. My answer is no, unless there was a second copy/backup.

My removeable media SD cards, USB drives etc get used mainly for transporting stuff, not storing stuff. And, let's not even mention the possibility of just losing the card, you know falls out of pocket, lost in a bag somewhere, drops on floor. I have a 64Gb flash drive, not even half full and I use it a lot. I am involved in medical diagnostic systems and sometimes get faced with drive capacity questions from customers. You know, some smart arse saying " Oh, only 500 Gb" My answer, the bigger the drive the bigger the problem when it goes wrong.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2016, 20:04:59 »

That's not much less than all of my external drives put together. My answer is no, unless there was a second copy/backup.

My removeable media SD cards, USB drives etc get used mainly for transporting stuff, not storing stuff. And, let's not even mention the possibility of just losing the card, you know falls out of pocket, lost in a bag somewhere, drops on floor. I have a 64Gb flash drive, not even half full and I use it a lot. I am involved in medical diagnostic systems and sometimes get faced with drive capacity questions from customers. You know, some smart arse saying " Oh, only 500 Gb" My answer, the bigger the drive the bigger the problem when it goes wrong.
Exactly, I would definitely prefer to run with multiples of 128 or even 64gb cards, I really cant think what you would need a 1TB for what you cant fit on smaller, Drive Image maybe, but for me that would have go on another Hard Drive anyway.

Guessing its geared towards High Tech Cameras, but if I was a Pro Photographer, still not sure I would trust a heavy days shooting on on the same card I used prior to the event.

I suppose slow lapsed photography springs to mind, but...  :-\
« Last Edit: 08 October 2016, 20:09:20 by zirk »

aaronjb

« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2016, 20:40:54 »

Shooting 4K video uses a lot of space, about 30 mins of uncompressed video would fill it .. I believe that's the market they've said it's aimed at.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.